Sponsored

(Another) Whipple Gen 5 Build and Testing Thread

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello everyone,

It took many moons - about 7.5 months - but the Whipple with larger HX has arrived and why I love my Shop - they already have it in the car and running.
They are working through Lund via Ngauge and getting in the base tune (and testing etc) so I can break it in this weekend.

I have known Joe Dasilva and his Brother Paul for over three decades. He modified my first car (88 notch) and he will do my likely final build (2019 PP1 GT).

This isn't an exhaustive list, but these are the highlights:

Whipple Gen 5, Stage 2, 10 rib, stock balancer (as I wanted a pump gas tune).
Circle D 258mm Converter.
Mcleod clutches.
3.15 gear
Fore triple pump E85 flex fuel system TI Auto F90000285 , 2 x TI Auto F90000285
ID1300X (1340cc) injectors.
PNR Stage IV cooler (EMP 4600 pump).
OPG and crank gears.
Full suspension - UPR, BMR and Viking.
Kooks Headers and MBRP exhaust.
QA1 CF Driveshaft.
Ford Racing half shafts.
Welds, ET Street R.
Ngauge, Lund tuned.

Happy to have had this forum and my second home in the "Whipple Wait" thread lol...I should have the car tomorrow and start my break in for the trans and clutches. Next few weeks we should be at the track for some shake down passes on pump and then E85 to see what she can do.

I shall keep you all updated on dyno and track runs.

Mustang_Securiix.jpg

Combo1.JPG

Combo2.JPG

Combo3.JPG

Combo5.JPG

Combo7.JPG

Combo8.JPG

IMG_8880.jpg

IMG_8957.jpg

IMG_9071.jpg

IMG_9072.jpg

IMG_9075.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
vtknight

vtknight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
the Silva’s were a huge mane in 5.0 racing back in the early 90’s. Glad to hear they are still around doing Mustang things.
Thanks Jason - yes - both Joe and Paul have very successful Shops. Paul has focused on earlier gen car and serious racing, while Joe has cars with every performance level and Mustang gen (more Fox and Coyote/Shelby if there are two main gens). Joe won an NHRA World Championship I believe in 2000 and Pauls cars have been winning most Mustang comps here forever. They utilize each others services as well - it is a great setup.
Sponsored