Sponsored

Another broken Voodoo

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If I count correctly, four engines have been known in these parts to have problems.
I reported on a fifth, an R model that lost an engine at Road Atlanta.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
The number of R's in our registry list is pretty close to the percentage of total built. Not exactly, of course, but just sayin...

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
God I hope these don't turn into the 390's

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
because a fellow owner has a blown motor, not exactly happy times now is it.

regardless of what happens next I would not want to go through that experience nor would I wish it on anyone.

rocket science
So melodramatic!!!! Call me any names you'd like but I call it the way I see it. Some of you here just want to complain about something that is out of your control. Do you understand that Ford does not own or control the dealers? The dealers are required to contact ford for all warranty repairs and the process is pretty specific. I am willing to bet that the dealers in question have a bad reputation and customer satisfactory. If your dealer is not proactive in communicating with Ford and to much time has gone by, REPORT THEM! Call Ford and start a case against the dealer if you have not done so already.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
God I hope these don't turn into the 390's
It is definitely to early to tell. I am registered as a silent member on many Ford/Mustang Forums and track many issues. It seems that it only takes one to yell "the sky is falling" and many start to run. Similar to the Limp "Mode issue", which I will add, I created a thread because I CALLED SA to get answers for those with the issue, I own a track pack. So please save your diatribe for someone that has done nothing to help the issue.
I am sure Voodoo did not start this thread for speculation but to keep us informed. Quit trying to create a problem that is not there. It is to early to know if there is going to be a reliability issue. Is it a concern? Yes! but why cry over spilled milk if hasn't been spilled yet.

Last edited:

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
So melodramatic!!!! Call me any names you'd like but I call it the way I see it. Some of you here just want to complain about something that is out of your control. Do you understand that Ford does not own or control the dealers? The dealers are required to contact ford for all warranty repairs and the process is pretty specific. I am willing to bet that the dealers in question have a bad reputation and customer satisfactory. If your dealer is not proactive in communicating with Ford and to much time has gone by, REPORT THEM! Call Ford and start a case against the dealer if you have not done so already.
I called you a name? and you call me melodramatic. your right, fords piss poor service for at least one individual here is out of my control. I would be stupid however to ignore it. But go ahead, you continue to carry fords water in every thread I have personally seen. to each their own. that's fine. But do not be confused when you get the responses that you do from others more discerning.

The dealer has zero control over how long Ford will take to send the new motor. I don't know, Maybe Derp pissed someone off, maybe there is something else. If he comes back with proof of the execution of the lemon law for this to me it will be proof enough. Perhaps Ford just doesn't want the hassle of a buyback, maybe the dealer blocked it somehow, I don't know. I do know that If I was making payments on a new vehicle, and it was out for this long Ford would be paying the payment until it was back in service. A rental means shit if I am making a note and insurance for 30-45 days on a car parked at their dealer, all the while the line is turning out new cars with the same motor mine needs........

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
It is definitely to early to tell. I am registered as a silent member on many Ford/Mustang Forums and track many issues. It seems that it only takes one to yell "the sky is falling" and many start to run. Similar to the Limp "Mode issue", which I will add, I created a thread because I CALLED SA to get answers for those with the issue, I own a track pack. So please save your diatribe for someone that has done nothing to help the issue.
I am sure Voodoo sis not start this thread for speculation but to keep us informed. Quit trying to create a problem that is not there. It is to early to know if there is going to be a reliability issue. Is it a concern? Yes! but why cry over spilled milk if hasn't been spilled yet.
You're talking to the guy who started the thread AND made the comment about the 390s. Good lord you are dense. There's being a Ford fan, being a Ford fanboy, and then there is you. On a different level.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
what happened with these?
They used to call them poppers in the 60s because they blew up due to poor oiling systems. That's when the 406 came out. Then the 427

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
You're talking to the guy who started the thread AND made the comment about the 390s. Good lord you are dense. There's being a Ford fan, being a Ford fanboy, and then there is you. On a different level.
LOL. There you go, assumptions, you know what they say about assumptions? My comment to Voodoo on the 390's was and is it is to early to tell. Then I added that I do not believe he started this thread for speculation but for informational purposes.
What was that about dense again? hahahahah.
Thank you Voodoo for passing along the information.

FANBOY out!

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I am sure Voodoo did not start this thread for speculation but to keep us informed. Quit trying to create a problem that is not there. It is to early to know if there is going to be a reliability issue. Is it a concern? Yes! but why cry over spilled milk if hasn't been spilled yet.
Good god who pissed In your Cheerios?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Good god who pissed In your Cheerios?
No one actually. I guess the many years in the military have left me without sleeves. Get it? And for those that do not uderstand, emotions on the sleeves. I was not referring to you, Voodoo, for creating a problem. Again, thank you for passing the information along.

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Reactions: MAV

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
First oil change @ 500 miles that's what the C7 calls for in the manual . I've done that on all my new cars. Hasn't been that many but it's a good practice.
Sponsored