OP
OP
Dory

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Guys, let's shut this conversation down.

Key take aways:

• The consensus is I was not rude to ask to test drive, nor was the salesperson rude to refuse.
  • I don't count this as some kind of "negative mark" against the dealership.
  • It is what it is.
  • Yes I could go back and try another salesman, but I think I have decided against further work on the car due to not being able to try it out and anxiety of further attempts.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
If you have a good rapport with the dealership and salesman they should let you. Back in November of 2013 I needed a way to get a large tool chest from Harbor freight home, so I called up my salesman and he let me borrow a brand new F150 (sticker $49,700) for about 2 hours and I brought it back when I was done.
Its called a Demo vehicle.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
boo hoo hoo karen, I'm the F&I manager, i need my sales guys not wasting time with people that are not buying :giggle:

we had a guy with a $20k loan from his bank, he asked to drive a $70k tesla, we said no, we showed to him, let him play with the features, but no test drives for obvious reasons. He understood, no drama, he bought a cheaper car, was happy about it.

Had a customer buying a $75k bentley, asked to drive another $75k Tesla, we said yes no problem.

Had a couple kids (17-19 y/o), asked to drive a couple Maserati without asking price or anything. we said no. Had another couple kids asking to check a couple cheap trade-ins looking for something cash, we said, no problem.

Even if they have an intention to buy, and do an application and everything, and when you pull their credit, they are on the 400s, you know some cars are out of the picture no matter what... I'm just explaining everything from this side of the fence...

i deal with thousands and thousands of car transactions a year, buying and selling, financing, etc... sometimes, it just doesn't make sense to go on test drive, or even dealing with "cash customers".... hey, i offer you $25k cash for your $47k corvette... lmao

If you had a bad sales rep, let us know, if he was actually disrespectful, lazy, etc we'll take care of it... turn overs are a daily thing... sometimes you don't click with a sales person, then we will send the cute girl with the big butt and see if that works... lol

but if the customer makes no sense, have a nice day, next! it is tax season + stimulus checks time... wasting time its a no no...
You are everything wrong with crooked dealerships. Hear that? Its Carvana coming for your job. LMFAO!!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You are everything wrong with crooked dealerships. Hear that? Its Carvana coming for your job. LMFAO!!
I don't know. Couldn't get the test drive button to work on the Carvana vending machine.

Sponsored

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
15-17 gt, auto trans 3.15 gear, 87 octane vs 2018+ ecoboost, manual trans, 4.09 gear, e85 tuned....

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Partial throttle race.
If biological equines can harness race, nothing wrong with mechanical ones doing basically the same thing.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
the only way to get "eco boost" engines should be AWD, 6 speed manual and hatchback...

I wish subaru had an STI wagon for 2022 with the new engine :inlove:

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
This is why I generally don't ask to drive new cars, but will find the car/model I want on the used lot and go for a drive. Some large dealers will have demonstrator models for that purpose, but is hard for limited edition or new models. The dealer is in a tough spot, they want to sell cars, but know that few people want to buy a car, especially a performance/sports car that a bunch of yahoos test drove....

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I'm still trying to figure out what 'annoyned' means... Is that like annoyed and owned at the same time?

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
the only way to get "eco boost" engines should be AWD, 6 speed manual and hatchback...

I wish subaru had an STI wagon for 2022 with the new engine :inlove:
Make sure you put some red mud flaps on it, wear some white frame sunglasses, flat brim hat, and suck on some fruity vape to complete the look!

ROFL!!