Sponsored

Anderson Composites Wing - Fiberglass VS Carbon Fiber? Cracked 🤬

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Luckily I'm not a fan of the R wing, or else I might've been in the same boat as OP. This is the first time I'm seeing AC handle a situation, and poorly, that the CF track pack wing I have will be the first and last AC product.
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
They suck. What I went through with their CF hood is inexcusable. I will NEVER, NEVER, do business with them again.

They shipped me a hood with cracks in it. There was no damage to the box where the hood damage was. I asked they pick it up and send another one and they gave me two options...... 1) cut the hood in half with a saw and they would replace it, or 2) they would let me keep it for a 10% discount. Wow, they were going to let me keep a damaged item for 10% off, LMAO.

They didn't want to have it picked up and until I threatened the vendor with a CC dispute, nothing was going to happen. When they finally realized that they were not going to win this one, they had it picked up.

The driver who picked up the hood asked what the deal was. I told him the story and he was told that they didn't want me to keep it to make money off of.

WTF.

AC is a bunch of chintzy business people who will be happy to screw you over too. Go ahead, buy their products, just hope it doesn't arrive damaged or become damaged through normal use.

This thread is just another example of how AC does business.
The way I learned how to prevent that is you buy AC from vendors. Vendors will fake it back and handle any issues. When it comes to AC products.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The way I learned how to prevent that is you buy AC from vendors. Vendors will fake it back and handle any issues. When it comes to AC products.
I worked with a vendor. I had to threaten a CC dispute before things started to get fixed.

AC is a company that just doesn't care. They think they have the market cornered and they treat you accordingly.

Never again....

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I also worked with a vendor, and it was clear that they were simply agents for AC, not for the customer. Vendor referred me to AC, AC to the vendor. Useless.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So a couple things here to note....

1) You get what you pay for. Want quality go OEM or equivalent.

2) Obviously the AC wing is a cosmetic piece, If the best version is only good for 120mph it definitely doesn't belong on my car. Good for the trailer queen show crowd maybe.

3) Dont rip on them too hard here guys...., AC is offering an "affordable" piece of bling for mustangs.. best suited for EcoBoost cars. Probably where most of them go anyways.

If I was to make a suggestion to AC it would be to offer a credit towards the customers next purchase. Even a small gesture goes a long way to protecting your reputation.

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
We have been making this wing for about 6 years now without any issues. Our carbon fiber version of this wing has been track tested in "real world" applications in speeds up to 120 mph without any issues. At this point regarding this particular wing, we can only recommend taking it to a professional body shop for any necessary repair.
Lame. Really lame.

So their carbon parts are only good up to 4th gear and the fiberglass parts apparently see no testing whatsoever.

Remember this when you're buying.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
3) Dont rip on them too hard here guys...., AC is offering an "affordable" piece of bling for mustangs.. best suited for EcoBoost cars. Probably where most of them go anyways.
I don't think most would have ripped them too hard for it if they acknowledged that fiberglass isn't the best material for a part like this, this is the first they've seen, etc. but then helped rectify the issue.

When I bought the FP350S oil pan and pickup tube, I had the pickup tube mount break on me due to the FPC vibrations. I reached out to Ford and they had tons of questions and asked me to send it in (paid for shipping). They investigated it, gave me an explanation, sent me replacement pieces free of charge, and then changed the part to "not recommended for GT350s" because it was obvious the engineering isn't up to dealing with that particular application. I was happy with the result and future customers are warned.

AC deserves to get ripped. Telling your customer to pound sand and when shit part fails is a terrible business practice.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
BTW, feel free to eat 10,000 d*cks with comments like this.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I don't think most would have ripped them too hard for it if they acknowledged that fiberglass isn't the best material for a part like this, this is the first they've seen, etc. but then helped rectify the issue.

When I bought the FP350S oil pan and pickup tube, I had the pickup tube mount break on me due to the FPC vibrations. I reached out to Ford and they had tons of questions and asked me to send it in (paid for shipping). They investigated it, gave me an explanation, sent me replacement pieces free of charge, and then changed the part to "not recommended for GT350s" because it was obvious the engineering isn't up to dealing with that particular application. I was happy with the result and future customers are warned.

AC deserves to get ripped. Telling your customer to pound sand and when shit part fails is a terrible business practice.
My point is simply that the wings they sell are clearly not intended for the gt350.... if they're rated for 120mph what good it it on this car. Budget parts don't belong.

No different than putting a set of generic wheels on these cars... maybe they'll have the look you want but if you want something that "matches" the capability of a gt350 you need to open your wallet. wide.

Poser cars slammed to the ground with cheap springs, big heavy generic wheels, 1500 pound stereos, lambo doors, underglow lights...... you get the picture. That is where most of these wings go. and belong it would seem. ESPECIALLY the fibreglass version. And theres not a thing wrong with that... whatever floats your boat.

Yes AC should do something to save some face.... But also consider the fact that the part only came with a 6 month warranty.... and apparently it lasted that long. again you get what you pay for.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
My point is simply that the wings they sell are clearly not intended for the gt350.... if they're rated for 120mph what good it it on this car. Budget parts don't belong.

No different than putting a set of generic wheels on these cars... maybe they'll have the look you want but if you want something that "matches" the capability of a gt350 you need to open your wallet. wide.

Poser cars slammed to the ground with cheap springs, big heavy generic wheels, 1500 pound stereos, lambo doors, underglow lights...... you get the picture. That is where most of these wings go. and belong it would seem. ESPECIALLY the fibreglass version. And theres not a thing wrong with that... whatever floats your boat.

Yes AC should do something to save some face.... But also consider the fact that the part only came with a 6 month warranty.... and apparently it lasted that long. again you get what you pay for.
When I saw that 120mph rating, you can reach that going down most straights.

Sponsored

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116

Maybe I'm just dense, but I cruised over to the AC website and I can't find anything in the product description that mentions any testing data or recommendations to that effect. Only the comments in this thread.

I get what you're saying - a $600 replica R wing is probably too good to be true. But there's also not accompanying product data to suggest that there could be likelyhood of a failure at speeds higher than your typical roadway speed limit.

Personally I'd chalk this up to a learning experience and move on. But after reading their "terms and conditions" on fitment guarantee, there's some pretty wide (no pun intended) margins on what they're willing to handle from a fitment perspective. (up to 1/2" wide gaps for a hood? Seriously?)

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
BTW, feel free to eat 10,000 d*cks with comments like this.
No need to get butthurt cupcake. wasn't ripping on your EB. FWIW I think the EB mustangs are great.. in fact Im actually getting one for my daughter when she gets her licence.

OP
OP
GaryGolz

GaryGolz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Listen, I wasn't being difficult but some of the details just don't add up and it's obviously now being dodged or AC is hoping this will go away.

However, in this particular case (and potentially ANY other future customer) there are simple illogical practices to what seems like a defective product.

- The product is required to be painted and prepped prior to being installed on the vehicle.
- AC is telling me that it's basically the body shop's fault, even though the defect occurred within 6 months of ownership of the product.
- Because it was painted and prepped, the warranty is void. Essentially you're supposed to run this particular product completely unprepped and painted to even qualify for the warranty.

Here is verbatim from their website: Product here

*Requires normal pre paint prep; including sanding and primer. Occasional surface blemishes may be present as a result of the manufacturing process. These blemishes are removed during the normal sanding and preparation process required when painting any vehicle body component.

- Why would I mount the spoiler to the vehicle as an unprepared and painted product? The defect occurred within a 3-5 month ownership period until I noticed it (car wasn't tracked)
- The body shop that prepped and painted it did a thorough job and the issues weren't discovered until months of it being on the vehicle. They work on countless other exotics doing bodywork.
- The body shop identified the defect as well as a significant amount of members in the community however the manufacturer keeps blaming the body shop with no offer of credit, refund or resolution

Say what you want for me going with this option, I went for it based on the product description and it potentially doing the job, it's not a major engine or suspension modification which of course we'd be more inclined to drop more cheddar.

There is a clear indication now that this has reached 4 pages AC isn't providing any type of assistance, nor cares, or is attempting a simple resolution. Hell, if it's so cheap, refunding or crediting the $599 shouldn't be too bad to at least offer goodwill, shit - I'll take half at this point because either way I'm out the $$ from getting it painted, prepped, and mounted, not to mention needing to purchase another option.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I get your frustration, and the concept of warranty only being valid for a non finished piece is ludicrous.. but its probably not any different with any company that produces this kind of part.

Just think about it from their perspective; Its not out of the realm of possibility that an incident happened to cause the fracture. Something that you're not even aware of... some drunk could have been hanging off it in a parking lot somewhere for all AC knows.

It's an unfortunate situation and it always sucks to be out of pocket but if your body shop is as good as you say, they can fix it. and it's likely to be better than before.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
No need to get butthurt cupcake. wasn't ripping on your EB. FWIW I think the EB mustangs are great.. in fact Im actually getting one for my daughter when she gets her licence.
GFYM.
Sponsored