Sponsored

Anderson Composites Wing - Fiberglass VS Carbon Fiber? Cracked 🤬

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
We have been making this wing for about 6 years now without any issues. Our carbon fiber version of this wing has been track tested in "real world" applications in speeds up to 120 mph without any issues. At this point regarding this particular wing, we can only recommend taking it to a professional body shop for any necessary repair.
Translation:
Anderson made a product that failed, even if it is a one off, and does not stand behind it.

I had a similar experience with the swing that did not (does not) fit properly.

Anderson is hit or miss on quality and delivers sub-par customer service (says a customer).
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
giphy.gif

At least now I know not to buy AC parts in the future since they don't stand behind them.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I dont have their products but back when I got my ecoboost, I thought Anderson composites was like the bees knees in terms of quality, since it was so highly priced, if I wanted that wing, it would of been from them.

but nah, passing on all their products in future. atleast other vendors like steeda take care of you when somethings faulty.

Even CJPP took care of me, my roush Y pipe had a questionable weld, I asked for a replacement, they said we can do that, or we can give you half off if you want to get it fixed. I said deal. I went to my friends weld shop, he fixed it in a few minutes.surprised really

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
giphy.gif

At least now I know not to buy AC parts in the future since they don't stand behind them.
They suck. What I went through with their CF hood is inexcusable. I will NEVER, NEVER, do business with them again.

They shipped me a hood with cracks in it. There was no damage to the box where the hood damage was. I asked they pick it up and send another one and they gave me two options...... 1) cut the hood in half with a saw and they would replace it, or 2) they would let me keep it for a 10% discount. Wow, they were going to let me keep a damaged item for 10% off, LMAO.

They didn't want to have it picked up and until I threatened the vendor with a CC dispute, nothing was going to happen. When they finally realized that they were not going to win this one, they had it picked up.

The driver who picked up the hood asked what the deal was. I told him the story and he was told that they didn't want me to keep it to make money off of.

WTF.

AC is a bunch of chintzy business people who will be happy to screw you over too. Go ahead, buy their products, just hope it doesn't arrive damaged or become damaged through normal use.

This thread is just another example of how AC does business.

Sponsored

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Really disappointed in Anderson Composites/Seibon here..

I'd been eyeing a carbon fiber hood from AC for a bit now. At this point, I'm not comfortable supporting a company that doesn't stand behind their products. It seems while they may make okay stuff, the decision makers are coming up short here. Miscalculation on their part because this thread is being shared all over the web.. Even my local groups are talking about this at meets.

@Tomster thanks for taking the time to share a bit more about your specific situation. You've eluded to it, I'd never seen you really dig in.

@GaryGolz it's unfortunate they won't do what's right here.. You've been more then fair in your posts IMO. Maybe reach out to Seibon? I don't see what you have to lose at this point.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Have an R wing $3500 plus ship ;) Trailing edge buffed through color coat on sharp edge for about 2 inches, so you'll want to paint it ;)

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Translation:
Anderson made a product that failed, even if it is a one off, and does not stand behind it.

I had a similar experience with the swing that did not (does not) fit properly.

Anderson is hit or miss on quality and delivers sub-par customer service (says a customer).
Absolutely, Been Their Done it. They sent me damaged front CF fenders and tried to blame it on the shipping company when their was no doubt the damaged they had was from removing the fenders from the mold, not during transit. They would not back up their their poor quality fenders. I had a similar problem with a Drake Rear Lid. I mean, how are these crappy customer service companies staying in business. These forums help weed out the company Social Media influencers, Cheer leaders who follow these type of forums to county negative post. Good luck

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was half tempted to buy AC's 350R Type-OE wing but after reading bad reviews (fitment, overall quality etc) I was somewhat reluctant. Quality issues crop up on OEM/Aftermarket parts all time so I almost gave it a go.

But now we're here.

Real talk. It's wicked shitty of you on a public forum to not even honor a reasonable claim. Instead, you scapegoat and make excuses. If you were smart, you'd at least take it to a private conversation.

The irony is that you're so focused on short term gains that you're killing off potential and current customers. The money is temporary. Especially if people are planning on moving on or never buying after your PR stunt above.

Sponsored

GotNotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Z71
Thanks for posting. Now I know not to use AC since this is how it takes care of its customers.

All they seem to be saying “we have been making it for 6 years without failure “ . Bla bla bla. Well there is one and you are not standing up and taking care of it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Have an R wing $3500 plus ship ;) Trailing edge buffed through color coat on sharp edge for about 2 inches, so you'll want to paint it ;)
Thats actually reasonable for an OEM wing. Maybe throw in an allowance to get it painted? Its just shadow black.... shouldn't cost a lot to paint.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Our carbon fiber version of this wing has been track tested in "real world" applications in speeds up to 120 mph without any issues.
So clearly the carbon fiber version is a cosmetic modification only, and not functional. Even on my local 1.8 mile track, which does not have a particularly long front straight, I hit 137 MPH on my basically stock 2016 GT350. I was hitting 145+ MPH on the front straight of the road course at Indy. Other tracks—NCM, COTA—etc., have much longer straights. Are there really that many tracks in the U.S. where a GT350 wouldn’t be able to accelerate above 120 MPH?

The other point that one might extrapolate from the quote above is that the fiberglass version, which is the subject of this post, must have an even lower top speed before structural failure.

What junk.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Thanks for posting. Now I know not to use AC since this is how it takes care of its customers.

All they seem to be saying “we have been making it for 6 years without failure “ . Bla bla bla. Well there is one and you are not standing up and taking care of it.
Absolutely, Thats what they told me. We have never had a problem with the quality of our shipping or manufacturing process. I spent over $14k last winter on upgrades, with no money going to these companies who treat their customers like crap. I mean the Drake Rear Lid I threw away was only $175 and the cost for me to get the CF Fenders repaired was $300, but that was all these companies got from me. Now I hear Lethal Performance shit on one of our fellow members, they bought a gage set up for like $600 which had a defective cable. Instead of immediately replacing the defective cable immediately, they told the person to go find and buy a cable themselves on their own dime. This $160 cable cost them my next winter project of a FI system and other upgrades probably worth around $15k. Needless to say, they wont see a Penney of it. I am sick of the tired excuse of, Covid, Covid, Covid Crap. Man Up to the table, and back up your products, which we are spending our hard earned money on. OK, I'm off my Stump. Good Luck

whip_test

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
So clearly the carbon fiber version is a cosmetic modification only, and not functional. Even on my local 1.8 mile track, which does not have a particularly long front straight, I hit 137 MPH on my basically stock 2016 GT350. I was hitting 145+ MPH on the front straight of the road course at Indy. Other tracks—NCM, COTA—etc., have much longer straights. Are there really that many tracks in the U.S. where a GT350 wouldn’t be able to accelerate above 120 MPH?

The other point that one might extrapolate from the quote above is that the fiberglass version, which is the subject of this post, must have an even lower top speed before structural failure.

What junk.
Ha! I was about to say the same thing lol. 120 mph WTH?! What happens at 125 mph??

Fiberglass seems to be not tested at all.
Sponsored