Sponsored

Amusing Reactions to your Mach 1

joepro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
My M1 gets a lot of attention, mostly waves, thumbs up and stares from pedestrians crossing the road at lights.

The best was I was on a Two lane road and I could notice a young lad I'm the back seat pf the car in front of me was Turning around waving at me. About 10 minutes later, we get up to some stop lights and he wrote "Nice car!" On his notepad and hung out the window.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I was waiting for my gf outside Walmart and this guy walks up asking if this was the new Mach 1 and could he take some pictures. A guy at the gas station yesterday was asking me did I paint my car, he had never seen a factory orange Mustang. I get more compliments and reactions than any of the 20+ cars I have owned.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
This evening the wife wanted to pick up a couple anniversary cards at the grocery store so we took the Mach and I dropped her off and waited in the car with the windows down in a spot near the door.

Young guy with a black Ram parks a couple spots down and walks past with his girlfriend and says wow nice Mustang, did you add that wing yourself? That led to about a 10 minute conversation on what a Mach 1 is and his plans for a 5th gen ZL1 or 2013-14 GT500.

I texted the wife and said what's going on in there, the Paparazzi are out tonight, hurry up LOL!

So then a Jeep with two young guys turns the corner and is pulling into a couple spots past me and one leans out the window and says "OH MY GOD ITS A MACH 1!" They get out and are walking past looking at it and talking to each other. My plate says 761 MPH for speed of sound and one says "761 horsepower, holy crap!" :crackup: :crackup: They're so cute at that age.

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
I pulled into a buddy's condo parking lot while in sport mode. Exhaust note was bouncing off the walls and carports. It sounded awesome. His neighbor was standing there beside his car staring at me so I apologized for the noise. The guy responded "no problem, I drive a mustang too." His mustang.... was a MACH E!!!!!! ROFL! I must admit I laughed out loud but then I realized he chucked too probably thinking I'm the fool paying $8.00 per gallon for gas...

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
have not read the entire thread yet. I just got mine yesterday from Granger. I towed it home.

in Granger Iowa we were passed by our first Mustang. thumbs up, waves, they paced the car for a bit.

that continued to happen. even a donk slowed down in St. Francisville Louisiana to take pictures for a few minutes and they were all leaning out the window thumb's up and cheering.

Had an 18 wheeler pace for a while in Natchez Miss. taking pictures.

Boy Scout troop in Tallulah headed to summer camp had all sorts of questions. (did not tell them, but I am a scout leader).

lots of pictures and stares at every gas stop along the way, and when we stopped to eat dinner in kansas city with my sister who lives there, guy even asked permission to take pics...of course yes.

a few comments about how they've heard of them but never seen one. expected, I've known for two years about them and have only seen two, not counting what was in a dealer showroom, before mine. (and I saw mine at granger before I saw any of the others they have....red does that though...)

I am still waiting for the reaction tomorrow from my son. He has not seen it yet. it is parked underneath the carport right now.

oh, and my old USAF SMSgt when I stopped by his place asked me to unhook the trailer and leave the car there. His personal shop had today had 6 71-73 mustangs (all his), a boss, a T5, 2 Mach 1s, a grande, and a triple white vert. also a 67ish ranchero. He has as many mustangs at his house as well, and a '70 429 ranchero.

and the two girls in a hyundai suv with Texas tags tried to flag me down, happened to be at my exit after 1000 miles incidentally. cute too. but i'm married, and my dad was with me......

the 'gal at Granger who moved my car to the spot wanted me to rip on it leaving, had to say that 1) I am not doing that till after break in, 2) I am towing it home. We had rain the entire damn 1000 miles. or at least more wet miles than dry.

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
If I were king for a day, it would have been the 5.2 with the Cross plane...essentially make it a NA version of the GT500 across the board. I would have put the DCT in it for the AT option. Would have made for the perfect choice of a mid-point between the GT and the GT500. That probably would have stepped on the GT350 heritage too much though. I bet the Boss is the first high end variant of the S650 and it will probably be something like what we are talking about here. The highest NA engine available...although I don't think the 5.2 will survive contact with the new EPA regs if the 5.0 had to be reduced.
Hopefully with the Supreme Court rulings the EPA will be taken down a few pegs! I haven’t read into it hopefully it will limit their ability to regulate car manufacturers!

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
If I were king for a day, it would have been the 5.2 with the Cross plane...essentially make it a NA version of the GT500 across the board. I would have put the DCT in it for the AT option. Would have made for the perfect choice of a mid-point between the GT and the GT500. That probably would have stepped on the GT350 heritage too much though. I bet the Boss is the first high end variant of the S650 and it will probably be something like what we are talking about here. The highest NA engine available...although I don't think the 5.2 will survive contact with the new EPA regs if the 5.0 had to be reduced.
I’d have made a destroked 7.3 Godzilla (to 429 c.I.) and a NACA hood.

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
Received free coffee and donuts when driving through Krispy Kreme last night
guy liked the car :cool:

Last edited:

ToddEth82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 on order.
I Rang up Trust Ford head office, a dealer group in the uk to enquire about the update on my Mach 1, the lady said that there is no such thing and put me through to the Mach E department when I said it was the Mach 1 they said they don't build those anymore and haven't since 2004 and they won't be building them in the future.

They asked if I would like to purchase a Mach E, my reply was a quite bemused "no, I want a real mustang" to which they tried to explain why the Mach E was a real mustang.

Sponsored

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
Everytime I see pedestrians pass by my car, they have to take a look back at my Mach 1 and stare for a moment. It does grab a lot of attention as most people have never seen this car before, Mustangs, Shelby's maybe but this is new to people (at least for now) and even though I love the Shelby, I really appreciate the Mach 1 for the uniqueness factor.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Lots of stares, a few flybys, thumbs up driving etc. I really thought the Mach E comments were a joke except a couple months ago I dropped my wife off to meet with some of her fellow educators that were riding together to an event. So I pull in the lot, get attention and one of her coworkers loves the car. And sure enough after complimenting it, she says my girlfriend has a new mustang too, she has the Mach E. I just smiled, but was laughing inside.

Last edited:

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Ok, I have a couple of new ones this week. I have my summer holiday and drove to Greece with my wife. On the way there, there's a 2010+ v6 blue with white stripes mustang catching me up. The guy matched my speed, rolled down his window and made the "Hearth" sign with his hands.

Last night we went to this club here, I drove the lane in front of the entrance, looking for a spot to park, and there was the parking lot manager waved me to stop. I dropped the window and he was like "Are you headed for the the club?" - "Yes, we are", "Excellent, please park right there next to the Ferrari facing towards the drive lane. Enjoy the party".
So I got to park right in front of the club entrance, second car to a beautiful Ferrari California, and skipped the waiting line in front of the club. This was a first-timer for me in so many ways, lol :)

MachSteady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
My most memorable reaction was when I went to fill up the Mach 1 with gas and there were two men smoking a cigarette near the convenience store entrance, squinting at my car from a distance.
“Is that one of those Mach Ones?” one of the guys asked his buddy.
His friend craned his neck and tried to get a better view. Their eyes darted back and forth between me and the car as I pumped gas, as if their brains were trying to work through an impossible algebraic equation.
“Chicks don’t drive Mach Ones,” one of them concluded. “It’s probably just a Mustang.”
Eventually they flicked their cigarettes and strolled toward their car, which happened to be parked near me. As they drew closer I watched their expressions transform as they took in my car at close range. They scanned the hood and then the grill, tilted their heads to check out the back, and finally their eyes locked like laser beams on the Mach 1 emblem. They then proceeded to stare at me with an emotion that was hard to interpret—bafflement? Outrage? Envy? Whatever they were thinking, the vibe wasn’t particularly positive. One guy muttered something to his friend and the other smirked and shook his head.
As they entered their car I did a double take when I noticed what they were climbing into. My eyes widened and at first I wasn’t sure if they were deceiving me. These two burly rugged-looking bros had just gotten into, well
not a truck.
“Hey,” I called out. “Is that a Fiat?”
It was indeed an adorable red Fiat. The men looked deeply uncomfortable and one wouldn’t make eye contact.
“Never mind,” I said. “I must be mistaken. Dudes don’t drive Fiats.”
I smiled sweetly, climbed inside my Mach 1, and let them hear my V8 engine rev for a few seconds before tearing off.

Most men I’ve encountered think it’s really cool that I drive a Mach 1, but occasionally someone will smile and say, “Is that your husband’s car?” But the truth is, after getting this Mach 1 my Tesla-owning boyfriend is the one that steals my keys on the weekend. â˜ș

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My most memorable reaction was when I went to fill up the Mach 1 with gas and there were two men smoking a cigarette near the convenience store entrance, squinting at my car from a distance.
“Is that one of those Mach Ones?” one of the guys asked his buddy.
His friend craned his neck and tried to get a better view. Their eyes darted back and forth between me and the car as I pumped gas, as if their brains were trying to work through an impossible algebraic equation.
“Chicks don’t drive Mach Ones,” one of them concluded. “It’s probably just a Mustang.”
Eventually they flicked their cigarettes and strolled toward their car, which happened to be parked near me. As they drew closer I watched their expressions transform as they took in my car at close range. They scanned the hood and then the grill, tilted their heads to check out the back, and finally their eyes locked like laser beams on the Mach 1 emblem. They then proceeded to stare at me with an emotion that was hard to interpret—bafflement? Outrage? Envy? Whatever they were thinking, the vibe wasn’t particularly positive. One guy muttered something to his friend and the other smirked and shook his head.
As they entered their car I did a double take when I noticed what they were climbing into. My eyes widened and at first I wasn’t sure if they were deceiving me. These two burly rugged-looking bros had just gotten into, well
not a truck.
“Hey,” I called out. “Is that a Fiat?”
It was indeed an adorable red Fiat. The men looked deeply uncomfortable and one wouldn’t make eye contact.
“Never mind,” I said. “I must be mistaken. Dudes don’t drive Fiats.”
I smiled sweetly, climbed inside my Mach 1, and let them hear my V8 engine rev for a few seconds before tearing off.

Most men I’ve encountered think it’s really cool that I drive a Mach 1, but occasionally someone will smile and say, “Is that your husband’s car?” But the truth is, after getting this Mach 1 my Tesla-owning boyfriend is the one that steals my keys on the weekend. â˜ș
Don't lie, you are driving a Mach-E!!!
Sponsored