Sponsored

Amsoil Oil Filter

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
They now have an oil filter for us. Ea15K43. Direct cross reference for the FL2062. Aaaannnnndddd, go....
Sponsored

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Amsoil is shit I wouldn't put that in my kids go cart. motor craft oil and filters are better.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Amsoil is shit I wouldn't put that in my kids go cart. motor craft oil and filters are better.
:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Your "superior" Motorcraft 5W50 shears to 5W40 within a thousand miles of use. AMSOIL Oil and Filters are proven to be superior for your engine.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid

Your "superior" Motorcraft 5W50 shears to 5W40 within a thousand miles of use. AMSOIL Oil and Filters are proven to be superior for your engine.
Do you have data to back this up? I’m curious because I exclusively use Motorcraft oil.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
:facepalm:

I have a feeling we're not even gonna get one serious comment on this. And please note, this is NOT an oil thread.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
:facepalm:

I have a feeling we're not even gonna get one serious comment on this. And please note, this is NOT an oil thread.
Well, you've been around long enough to know better. You even started the thread with aaaaand go. I think you know that there's a lot of opinion on oil/wear related items and very little direct evidence. It's just too expensive to perform long term engine wear studies in a DOE style that encompasses the variables we all encounter. I expect the auto manufacturers are the only entities that study wear on actual engines. And they aren't handing the information out.

I personally use the Ford oil and filter and change them frequently. I don't trust a better oil or better filter to overcome the debris and contaminates that get into the engine. But, I'm not going to say I'm right and others are wrong. It's just the way that makes the most sense to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Amsoil filter has better components - more fabric, smaller openings, whatever compared to the Motorcraft. And the Amsoil filter probably costs more. I wouldn't blame some people for buying the Amsoil filter because we all love our Voodoo engines and want them to last.

Frankly, I don't think wear is going to be the typical failure mode for most Voodoo engines. Most people are going to keep them in the garage and polish them lovingly with a cloth. I drove mine today, but I haven't been driving it much lately with the cold and snow we've had here. But of course that's all debatable too. Honey badger may wear his out. Who knows?

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yea, fair enough @Hack. Good post. Just thought it would be nice to debate having options, that we've never had before. Never stopped to think this would stir the same emotions as a good 'ol oil thread, LOL.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Yea, fair enough @Hack. Good post. Just thought it would be nice to debate having options, that we've never had before. Never stopped to think this would stir the same emotions as a good 'ol oil thread, LOL.
Really? You never thought it would go there? Why not bring up ADM's while you are at it.

Aaaannnnndddd, go....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yeah I definitely wouldn't criticize anyone for buying a filter that might do a better job than the stocker. Is there any published info about the Amsoil you can post that compares its specs to the Motorcraft?

Sponsored
OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Really? You never thought it would go there? Why not bring up ADM's while you are at it.

Aaaannnnndddd, go....
Yea Tom, like I just said, that was not my train of thought (at the time). I meant it as to discuss/debate the merits of having an option other than the Motorcraft, not a pissing contest about Amsoil specifically being garbage.

How bout I start over...

Hey guys...just letting you know Amsoil now has an oil filter for us. Ea15K43. Direct cross reference for the FL2062. Purely informational for anyone that cares or would like options when you shop for an oil filter!

Last edited:

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
I doubt that Bob The Oil Guy would have any comparisons on these oils but thats where I would start my search. There may be other sources as well. Some of these posts are pointless :yawn: unless you can reference specific test data...so mostly we are going off manufacturer ratings that the oil meets or exceeds Ford specs.

Sagittaria

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I bought this filter a couple months ago just to check it out. Seems like a better constructed filter. Will probably use it once I put on another 10k on the car due to warranty concerns.

IMO it's just oil and a filter.. to echo everyone else. The OEM FL2062 is used in several other bland Ford vehicles and is nothing special. Probably splitting hairs in this day and age.

All of the bite your head off forum hullabaloo reminds me of the early 2003/04 Cobra days. A lot of snake oil, blue paint stripe, red/blue pill yadda yadda for the Cobra Head Tick and IRS Wheel hop issues. Those cars are almost all torn apart and rebuilt from the ground up in a shack down by the river these days lol. Just a new expensive car...
IMG_20181025_164959.jpg
IMG_20181025_164955.jpg
IMG_20181025_164946.jpg

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I bought this filter a couple months ago just to check it out. Seems like a better constructed filter. Will probably use it once I put on another 10k on the car due to warranty concerns.

IMO it's just oil and a filter.. to echo everyone else. The OEM FL2062 is used in several other bland Ford vehicles and is nothing special. Probably splitting hairs in this day and age.

All of the bite your head off forum hullabaloo reminds me of the early 2003/04 Cobra days. A lot of snake oil, blue paint stripe, red/blue pill yadda yadda for the Cobra Head Tick and IRS Wheel hop issues. Those cars are almost all torn apart and rebuilt from the ground up in a shack down by the river these days lol. Just a new expensive car...
IMG_20181025_164959.jpg
IMG_20181025_164955.jpg
IMG_20181025_164946.jpg
The Amsoil does look like a better built filter

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
China... Yuck. That's my .02
Sponsored