Sponsored

Almost turned into a meme

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
My question is, was this my fault for accelerating to fast or was this that famous "hop" everyone talks about.
Aside from discussion above - this isn't hop and has nothing to do with it.
Sponsored

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
pretty much stock PP1. When it breaks traction, the ass always wants to goto the left.
I can be straight and hit the gas too hard, and it heads sideways. Dry pavement with the winters, and I see the traction control indication light up, so its 'saving' me. I dont floor it anymore.
If it were wet, or I had the summers on, itd be sideways,
I think its a function of losing traction and the Torsen diff.

less gas is the answer.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I'll suggest that it may have been a combination of steering angle, acceleration, possibly an unexpected downshift from the automatic transmission, and (here I'm just guessing) the stiffer suspension on a PP1 car might make a loss of traction a bit harder to detect.

I never had an issue unexpectedly losing traction in my GT coupe, even on the racetrack, but then it had a manual transmission, I am a very smooth driver, and it had the base soft suspension.

As for the comments about how to deal with a potential road rage situation that the OP describes, quite often I debate between getting ahead of them (which gives them the opportunity to "chase" me, or if they are glued to their phone, hit me out of ignorance) and just staying behind and patiently waiting. Patience is not my strong suit. LOL

OP
OP

Grey5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
OP passed the car on the right? Sounds sketchy to begin with....
2 lanes going both way ( 4 total) driver in the left lane, where do you expect to pass on? The wrong side of the road lol

OP
OP

Grey5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Can I ask, did this situation happen with or without the traction/stability control on?

If were on, this should not have happened as violently as you describe.

If it was off, then you only have yourself to blame.
T/C was on, the only other thing I can think of was/is the car is starting to pull a bit to left when I break.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Can I ask, did this situation happen with or without the traction/stability control on?

If were on, this should not have happened as violently as you describe.

If it was off, then you only have yourself to blame.
T/C was on, the only other thing I can think of was/is the car is starting to pull a bit to left when I break.
After typing that comment, I probably didn't take into account the leniency the TC/DSC allows.

Provoking the car on an appropriate piece of road, the rear end will get way loose before the stability control steps in. In some ways this is good, allowing a good driver to enjoy the car without it being overreactive. In other ways, say of a wet road in traffic................or like your situation, this leniency could be a problem.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
After typing that comment, I probably didn't take into account the leniency the TC/DSC allows.

Provoking the car on an appropriate piece of road, the rear end will get way loose before the stability control steps in. In some ways this is good, allowing a good driver to enjoy the car without it being overreactive. In other ways, say of a wet road in traffic................or like your situation, this leniency could be a problem.
I'm curious (for those with drive modes) if the Snow/Wet mode provides less leniency and higher TC/SDC enforcement. Something I'll have to try once we hit spring. I know in Sport mode it allows the rear to slip n slide a little without starting to kick in.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I occasionally find people who love to sit on my tail, usually in vehicles that are easily out-braked by the Mustang. Typically this is on rural 2 lane roads. My solution is when I get to a safe stretch of road, usually the next little crossroads town, I put on the four ways and pull over and stop and let them go by. Wait about a minute or so, then continue on my way, with them well ahead of me. Works for when you're behind people too, it's unlikely they are going to slow down and wait for you. My safety and those of passengers is well worth that minute.
Sponsored