OP
Whitewalkers550

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
well just a little update....... went on a twisty back road adventure with a group of other mustangs including a 350r and i couldnt be happier with my cars performance! she stuck to the road extremely well so thanks to everyone who helped with setting her up!
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
well just a little update....... went on a twisty back road adventure with a group of other mustangs including a 350r and i couldnt be happier with my cars performance! she stuck to the road extremely well so thanks to everyone who helped with setting her up!
Glad you like it.

The proof, they say, is in the pudding . . .

Norm

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s my drag race performance alignment with a 1 “ drop on all four corners. The car handles great in turns and hooks perfectly with my M/T street ss’s:

https://ibb.co/Z8V7c0G

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Here’s my drag race performance alignment with a 1 “ drop on all four corners. The car handles great in turns and hooks perfectly with my M/T street ss’s:

https://ibb.co/Z8V7c0G
Yes, I'm sure it feels quite willing to turn, mainly due to having so little rear camber.

But the harder you take corners, and the faster the speeds that you're taking them at, the more you have to be careful, smooth, and alert to stay on top of things. Nimbleness at lower speeds and moderate g's can become too oversteerish for comfort at higher speeds taken at bigger g's. Be careful.

Norm

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
As i said its a drag centric alignment, i dont do much corner carving especially with drag radials on. The rear camber is set for the flattest patch for traction. Did you see how far out the original rear camber settings were before the alignment? It didn’t hook very well then.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
As i said its a drag centric alignment, i dont do much corner carving especially with drag radials on. The rear camber is set for the flattest patch for traction. Did you see how far out the original rear camber settings were before the alignment? It didn’t hook very well then.
I did, and the original rear measurements weren't all that great for cornering either (too understeerish, it probably cornered reasonably well but felt a bit "heavy" while doing it).

I suspect that losing most of that negative rear camber freed the car up a bit even in normal street driving. Like it felt more like it wanted to turn, which came as a surprise side effect to your main goal of straight line forward bite.

Norm

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 - Race Red
Rather than start a new thread, I figured I’d post my alignment specs here for some feedback. I’ve got a 2019 GT PP1, lowered on Steeda Sport Progressives, have front camber plates, and 20” wheels with 305/35 rear 285/30 front. I told the shop I wanted alignment for street only as I don’t expect to do any type of racing. Here’s where they set it. Thoughts?

8AC4D76B-B57E-4C6F-85AD-FC027B3B77D4.jpeg

BranoSK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hi guys
i got car with Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs and i ill install
- Whiteline Rear Subframe to Body Bushing Insert Kit
- Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Kit

There is 275/35/20 rear and 255/35/20 front tires

Planning to use car mostly on street but i use to race with bikes so Im planning to go and have some time at race track as well (prox 85% street 15% race track)

Next week i ill go for aligment Its there some specific recommendation of aligment for this set up ?
What is you suggestions guys?

THX for any advice

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not lowered however the alignment spec I use is as fallow:

-1.4 Camber all around.
F: -0.2 Total Toe
R: +0.2 Total Toe

This alignment changed how the car behave and helped with the rear end sliding. The car is super predictable and corners like on rails. I love it and had a lot of fun 2 weeks ago on the Most famous Bulgaria Mountain pass chasing some Evo X's.

thebaldlatino5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
So I recently put a new set up on over the weekend. Going from stock performance pack wheels with Pirellis(255/275/40/19), to nitto invo tires and SVE R350 wheels. Specs are 19x10/11, on 285/35/19 fronts and 325/30/19 rears.

My alignment I got done back in May was for the performance pack wheel set up.

Front:
Camber: -1.2DR/-1.0PR
Caster: 6.9DR/7.0PR
Toe: -0.01DR/-0.01PR
Total Toe: -0.03
Steer Ahead: 0.00

Rear:
Camber: -1.7DR/-1.3PR
Toe: 0.13DR/0.14PR
Total Toe: 0.27
Thrust Angle: -0.01

Now the rear tires do sit evenly on both sides in the way of poking out. Roughly a finger tip. EVENLY. Secondly, I do have the IRS alignment dowels to install as well. Not sure if that's any help. If I need to install those to have the perfect alignment, please send suggestions or tips on how to do it. I've tried, and its barely off. But couldn't get it centered properly enough.

Just don't know if i'm gonna need an alignment, as I've heard different answers from anyone I ask.

Any comments, suggestions, thoughts, would be greatly appreciated. Especially on how to install the IRS alignment kit from Steeda.
Sponsored