Sponsored

Alignment help

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Hello,

Hoping someone can help me. I have a 18' GT, PP1 with little over 9000 miles and the Pilot Sport 4s tires are wearing bad on the inside of all 4 tires but the fronts are the worst. Too much negative camber i'm guessing. A while back i installed a few Steeda parts including the subframe alignment kit. I then had the car aligned at a local Tire Kingdom. I don't drive the car hard, just some weekend daily driving with a little spiriting driving. I do take it to see my 2 sons in South Carolina which is a 1100 mile round trip.

So i bought 4- 19x9.5 wheels with 275/40R19 so the car can have a square set up and i will be able to rotate the tires. i just installed Whiteline front camber bolts and Steeda rear camber mounts. I don't want to have worn out tires early again.

My question is should i get a non PP1 alignment specs for longer tire wear since i'm not an aggressive driver, corner carving etc. or stay with the PP1 alignment specs.

I seen Cobra Jet's factory alignment specs https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/factory-alignment-specs-within.119034/ I'm having the alignment done Saturday at the local Ford dealership with the new wheel and tires.

Should i go with the non PP1 specs or PP1 specs or something different? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

Hoping someone can help me. I have a 18' GT, PP1 with little over 9000 miles and the Pilot Sport 4s tires are wearing bad on the inside of all 4 tires but the fronts are the worst. Too much negative camber i'm guessing. A while back i installed a few Steeda parts including the subframe alignment kit. I then had the car aligned at a local Tire Kingdom. I don't drive the car hard, just some weekend daily driving with a little spiriting driving. I do take it to see my 2 sons in South Carolina which is a 1100 mile round trip.

So i bought 4- 19x9.5 wheels with 275/40R19 so the car can have a square set up and i will be able to rotate the tires. i just installed Whiteline front camber bolts and Steeda rear camber mounts. I don't want to have worn out tires early again.

My question is should i get a non PP1 alignment specs for longer tire wear since i'm not an aggressive driver, corner carving etc. or stay with the PP1 alignment specs.

I seen Cobra Jet's factory alignment specs https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/factory-alignment-specs-within.119034/ I'm having the alignment done Saturday at the local Ford dealership with the new wheel and tires.

Should i go with the non PP1 specs or PP1 specs or something different? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
That's unfortunate those great tires wore out so quickly. I would be interested in seeing your current alignment specs. Being that you haven't lowered your car, and you do not race, I suspect that your toe is incorrect on the front tires along with having over inflated tires during your long road trips.

If tire wear is your main concern, and considering you have adjustable camber in the front, I would suggest the GT350 specs with the exception of toe. You'll want a bit of toe-in for the front (0.05-0.06 each). Keep the rear toe-in at 0.10 to 0.12 -- critical for high HP RWD daily drivers.

Last edited:

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Do you have original alignment print out, or can type what the camber and toe were? Is wear just on inner 1-1.5 inches or from just about mid tire? If inner inch, then I'd say the toe was off. I have a fairly aggressive alignment on my Mustang and get almost even tire wear

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Guys - while on this topic, mine did the same darn thing but I have no mods to the car, its factory! Daily driver, I don't race, and most of the time I baby it, no track time, this is the most "granny" I have ever driver a car.

20000 on the factory PP1 tires unmodified, the outside has half wear left, I just noticed tonight that the inside inch is belts!!! Has anyone else seen this from their PP1? Its really bad that they did that and I am wondering if Ford messed up the factory specs....

The rears aren't as bad, but damn - that's bad for a factory stock car.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
20000K miles on a set of staggered high perf summer tires is pretty good, actually.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Put my new wheels and tires on and went to the Ford dealership last Saturday and had the tech use the base GT (non PP) specs for the alignment. Results were:

Left
Front Right
0.6 Camber -1.2
7.1 Caster 7.4
0.00 Toe -0.06

Thrust Angle 0.14

Left Rear Right
-2.0 Camber -1.5
0.26 Toe -0.02

I asked the tech why the right rear tire stuck out way more than the left tear tire and he had no clue as to why. Their alignment printer wasn’t working so the tech took a picture with his phone and sent the picture to me so needless to say I wasn’t very happy. I have the Steeda subframe alignment kit already installed so I know the rear IRS is square.

After doing some more research and reading thru lots of threads I've decided I’m going to use BMR’s alignment specs. Went to the local tire Kingdom yesterday and gave the tech the BMR alignment specs. The Ford tech must not of tightened the left front camber bolt because camber was -2.2*. The Tire Kingdom Tech got it closer but not good enough at least my rear tires are almost even on both sides. Results are:
Left Front Right
-1.5 Camber -1.3
10.5 Caster 6.2
-0.05 Toe -0.05

Thrust Angle 0.0

Left Rear Right
-1.3 Camber -1.1
0.05 Toe 0.00

Since it’s still not right they are redoing the alignment today and I’m going to a different Tire Kingdom location where I’m told a really good alignment tech works at so this can finally be dialed in.

If they can’t get it right I’m going to do some research and find a performance shop that can get this right. Hopefully there will be one that isn’t too far away.

I don’t live far from BMR’s home office/manufacturing location. I wish they offered alignments because I wouldn’t waste any more time or money on these other shops.

Getting really frustrated of going to get my car aligned. This is getting old. I’ll report back of today’s alignment results.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ecoboosted

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alignment done.

Left Front Right
-1.7 Camber -1.4
7.8 Caster 7.3
0.00 Toe 0.00 total 0.00

Thrust Angle 0.0

Left Rear Right
-1.2 Camber -1.2
0.05 Toe. 0.10 total 0.15

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
There is not a lot of difference (and a lot of overlap) between the base and PP1 alignment settings. Base front camber -0.72 +/- 0.75 - PP1 -1.03 +/- 0.75 according to the 2019 service manual.
Mine (from the factory) is - 1.5 and I do not expect to get more than 15K to 20K miles from the tires.

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I have the same issue...16K miles and cord showing on inside shoulder of RF tire. LF is maybe 90% as bad. Car has been aligned twice since January when the dealer installed new strut bearings. I have had one play day at the track and a couple of fun mountain weekends but if I had even wear, I could have gotten maybe 20-25K out of these. Lot of tread left on remainder of tires. Rears are wearing normally. Toe has to be off to get this much wear on the inside shoulder, this quickly considering car is aligned to factory specs.

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I installed a set of Steeda camber plates, new set Michelin’s 4’s and aligned to BMR specs. Toe was off some on the front which probably caused the inside shoulder wear. Hopefully I will get better wear across the width of the front tires. Looking forward to some curvy road fun... and maybe another track day!
09327816-428D-4FBE-AC86-0B3A09E87498.jpeg

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I installed a set of Steeda camber plates, new set Michelin’s 4’s and aligned to BMR specs. Toe was off some on the front which probably caused the inside shoulder wear. Hopefully I will get better wear across the width of the front tires. Looking forward to some curvy road fun... and maybe another track day!
09327816-428D-4FBE-AC86-0B3A09E87498.jpeg
Those specs look good, your alignment guy knows what he's doing! You've found a good one.

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still learning about aslignment settings...Kind of puzzled why you would have rear "toe in" on an irs car? I get the front having "toe in" as the car is moving forward, with braking applied, it tends to pull the "toe out" towards 0 as these forces are applied. On the rear however, seems that rear "toe out" would be the norm...When the car accelerates it would pull the rear wheels forwards or "in" towards 0 toe. What am I missing?
Sponsored