Air In Take Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Stock air box here. I believe that the after market CAI is designed primarily for the retailer on newer vehicles. Just like HD owners, the first thing they think they need is a stage 1 or 2.
Sponsored

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
With the GT350 I have a drop in Ford Performance replacement made by Airaid. It's a very nice filter but I firmly believe it doesn't make anymore power than the factory filter least for anything that matters. Ultimately I was sick and tired of my factory filter getting insanely dirty every 3000 miles.

EDIT: Btw, the stock airboxes on the current cars especially are very good and are very intelligently designed especially with where the MAF sensors are placed and how well recessed the airbox designs are.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I'm in agreement with KERMITZ I have a stock Air Box with a K&N drop in filter (33-5029) for less than $50.00 I get the best of both worlds. I was going to go with a cone style CAI but didn't want to drop $350.00 plus and not gain much more than noise. Now I have noise and really clean air plus I picked up 1 mile better gas mileage.

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
2017, stock air box with carbon trap removed and AEM dry filter

I would be interested in your nano filter as I'm a tad concerned about small particles entering the engine

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
From what I've seen and read (some pretty controlled, scientific tests), no after market CAI performs demonstrably better than the stock intake (which is a CAI). I added an aFe dry filter to my stock air box, but I'm not spending $300+ for something that has no benefit.
That seems to be what I read too and I think it all has to do with IATs.
If it's a closed box system like stock then it won't be that bad.

With that said. I run a JLT with a tune. Yes IATs can get high sitting at a light, but they go back to about 10-20* ambient once moving.

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This needs to end. Just stop.

No, changing parts on your car will not "kill the warranty".
This needs to end. Just stop.

No, changing parts on your car will not "kill the warranty".
Actually it will, especially when your CAI requires an aftermarket tune. Happens all the time.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
2017, stock air box with carbon trap removed and AEM dry filter

I would be interested in your nano filter as I'm a tad concerned about small particles entering the engine
Where the heck is the carbon trap? I see nothing inside the air box. There's a triangular intake hole where I would think a carbon filter would go, but nothing. In fact, I even found some rocks and leaves in the bottom of my air box, and vacuumed them out. I don't think my car even came with one.

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Where the heck is the carbon trap? I see nothing inside the air box. There's a triangular intake hole where I would think a carbon filter would go, but nothing. In fact, I even found some rocks and leaves in the bottom of my air box, and vacuumed them out. I don't think my car even came with one.
It's a white rectangular panel in the lower half. just broke mine off. Looked for a pic but didn't find one sorry

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's a white rectangular panel in the lower half. just broke mine off. Looked for a pic but didn't find one sorry
Maybe they only require it for Canadian emissions. I know they do in California too, because my wife's Subaru is a Pzev vehicle that has the carbon filter to meet California emissions laws. I live in Washington state, and appears to have nothing.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Actually it will, especially when your CAI requires an aftermarket tune. Happens all the time.
No, it doesn't.

To make the point, post ONE first hand account of any warranty issue due to a CAI or tune.

Just one.

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No, it doesn't.

To make the point, post ONE first hand account of any warranty issue due to a CAI or tune.

Just one.

Like I said. Happens all the time. Even my local Roush dealer said when they install a CAI or Stage 1-3 Supercharger, Ford voids the warranty, and Roush then applies their own warranty. Any other CAI not specifically providing warranty themselves will in fact void the manufacturers warranty for any work that is engine related (including drive train damage due to higher torque values from superchargers).

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Great feed back guys..

Ok thanks.

Thanks

There is a constant struggle between more air and good filtration. If you want more air, you typically have to have an "open" media which allows more particulate to come in. More filtration, then there is restriction with free flowing air.
However , our media (which took years to develope) allows both. Nanofibers are ultra fine, so much smaller and thinner than traditional spun fibers. This allows you to pack more filtering media in the same amount of space which will still allow air to flow but it creates a treacherous path for dirt & debris so it gets caught up and captured.

We also have a unique design we have come up with. So between the two, it should be a winner. My only question was, does anyone run stock? I though (like some other makes) they take the stock box out right away. Apparently that is not the case with this Gen.
Thank you very much for your feed back.
Awesome Thanks
Interesting. Thank you

By no means am I saying CAI are better or worse ...etc Im not comparing. Obviously when its said and done a CAI tuned will create more power. But not everyone is interested in that...at least right away. We just wanted to know if there were any "Stock" filter guys left out there..lol We wanted to see your take on CAI and if leaving the stock box is on the menu.
There is one car that we worked with and most leave the stock box in (its actually a real good design).

Thanks!
I find your posts confusing...

Are you really asking, if people who drive Mustangs... use aftermarket air filters..? There are ALL KINDS of aftermarket air filters for Mustangs. The question is not if Mustang owner upgrade their air filters... the question is, if aftermarket automotive air filters are your business, wouldn't you already know what enthusiast do with their sports cars..? Or why a Mustang is any different than other brands you do business with?

Does your company have similar "hi-tech-filters" for other cars... and if so, why is the Mustang so special/different from those other cars..?

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be in for 2 as well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.