cold air intake vs drop in filter

RUBY RED 550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
what do you guy think of the benefits of a cold air intake vs just a drop in ? is worth the extra green? is there really that big of a difference when were talking s550? ford is dong much better at the design i thing
here is a video:
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
If you're going with an all out NA build (cams, CJ, LTs etc) or a supercharged application a higher flow intake will help tremendously.

For a near stock car, you won't gain more than a handful of horsepower with an actual cold air kit vs. just a drop in to the stock box.

This is especially true on the 18+ which have a much bigger intake tube/MAF.

OP
OP
RUBY RED 550

RUBY RED 550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
If you're going with an all out NA build (cams, CJ, LTs etc) or a supercharged application a higher flow intake will help tremendously.

For a near stock car, you won't gain more than a handful of horsepower with an actual cold air kit vs. just a drop in to the stock box.

This is especially true on the 18+ which have a much bigger intake tube/MAF.
I agree ☝ that’s why that video makes sense

RoyalCrimsonGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bong
Vehicle(s)
2018 MGT P, 10R80, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust
Vehicle Showcase
As for the 18 (my car) from stock airbox and filter to drop in k&n there was a little noticeable power added but then going to a steeda proflow with tune definitely a nice gain from seat of the pants on 91 pump and definitely even more on e85.

OP
OP
RUBY RED 550

RUBY RED 550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
As for the 18 (my car) from stock airbox and filter to drop in k&n there was a little noticeable power added but then going to a steeda proflow with tune definitely a nice gain from seat of the pants on 91 pump and definitely even more on e85.
Agreed with a tune , it makes the difference but with a tune you put warranty at risk and with all the engine problem happening with the 3rd gen coyote it’s definitely risky.

GianH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Giancarlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
So does the 2018 stock air intake assembly fit well in the previous years from 15 to 17 I have 2017 GT but just a little worried that the assembly wont fit because of the 2018 bumber facelift so I think the air duct sits a little differently in 2018 and won't fit in a 2017???
Sponsored