Air In Take Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Sounds like they want to design a whole system to make more money than just a good drop in.
Sponsored

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
My 17 came with an Airaid CA, and the dealer has no problem with warranty work on it. The Airaid isn’t the one I would have chosen, but it seems to work.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Was ready to purchase an AFE filter. Saw this thread and decided to wait. TKO, what is your ETA for release?

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Sounds like they want to design a whole system to make more money than just a good drop in.
Yes and no.
We are creating a new "Filter" design. Not the box, just the filter. A replacement filter. All for more power gains not money.
The better filtration it will provide, no oil and the fact its washable nano (with just soap & water) is just gravy.

Was ready to purchase an AFE filter. Saw this thread and decided to wait. TKO, what is your ETA for release?
I hear ya Bikeman. We are moving as fast as possible my friend but the whole process takes time. ...which is actually a good thing.

We went back and forth between 3 designs for a long, long time simply because we must move forward with the best design possible. I just recently approved the design, so the mold is being made as we speak.

I'll have a proto shortly. BUT, we still have more testing to do after that before we release her.
As you know our nanofiber media is already developed. Its incredible. No other filter flows air & captures dirt like it. We will use our nanofiber on this Stang filter as well. So that important part is taken care of. But we still need to flow bench test the filter along with a few other tests within the stock airbox before we are done.

The goal is to have this rolling out mid October. I think we will hit it.

Thank you for your interest and your patience!

Ed

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The stock air box in these cars is designed pretty well already. For my '19, I did the same thing I did on my '18 and dropped in an aFe Momentum Pro S dry filter. 1-2 MPG gain, 40% better flow, no issues with having to tune or anything. It has been good to me so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
The stock air box in these cars is designed pretty well already. For my '19, I did the same thing I did on my '18 and dropped in an aFe Momentum Pro S dry filter. 1-2 MPG gain, 40% better flow, no issues with having to tune or anything. It has been good to me so far.
Im sure it's absolutely a good filter. Hang on to it.

We just want to see if we can raise the bar a bit like we did with some other filters.
Our design should help shovel more air into your engine.
Plus we use Nanotechnology for our media. Nothing comes even close to the flow and filtration efficiency to small particulate at sub micron levels with nanofibers. Lets face it, what good is more power if your sacrificing filtration. True nano is the only media that offers both, free flowing air with the absolute best filtration. At this Sub-micron level, it helps prevent premature engine wear.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Im sure it's absolutely a good filter. Hang on to it.

We just want to see if we can raise the bar a bit like we did with some other filters.
Our design should help shovel more air into your engine.
Plus we use Nanotechnology for our media. Nothing comes even close to the flow and filtration efficiency to small particulate at sub micron levels with nanofibers. Lets face it, what good is more power if your sacrificing filtration. True nano is the only media that offers both, free flowing air with the absolute best filtration. At this Sub-micron level, it helps prevent premature engine wear.
Where do you think pricing will fall on this filter?

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Im not sure DuRsT. Probably around $100. It will be washable (just soap & water) and reusable too
Ok, I'm just waiting on the release at this point.

If you need a test mule let me know lol

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
AEM dry flow for 18 GT for $55 on Amazon. Works great.
I also have the AEM filter. I really like it, but I am a bit worried about the micron level of filtration. From what I can tell from their description the newer nano filter media TKO appears to provide better filtration, while still offering better mass flow rate. So, we'll see how it compares. I may just make the switch, if the numbers are good enough.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I also have the AEM filter. I really like it, but I am a bit worried about the micron level of filtration. From what I can tell from their description the newer nano filter media TKO appears to provide better filtration, while still offering better mass flow rate. So, we'll see how it compares. I may just make the switch, if the numbers are good enough.
If it is price competitive and has data to back it up (that it flows better than dry flow) it might be a consideration. Not too worried out absolute filtration myself since I change my oil every 3-4k and the Gen3’s do have 10 quart capacity. Jmo.

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
for what will probably be a fairly low production item against other fairly large volume manufacturers like K&N and other large filter makers, the price point of $100. seems almost to be reasonable.
In order to get a more competitive price you would need high volume sales so the per unit cost of preproduction , testing, and initial trial production can be spread out and recouped.
JMHO.
good luck with this filter , hope it surpasses all your expectations, I'm looking forward to trying one out.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.