Not open for further replies.

DerekDeeter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, MT82 300A, 2001 BMW 330Ci, 1993 F150, 1972 V8 Pinto
Mine's a stock '18 except for the sound tube so far - I'd be interested too. I've used K&N on my other cars, but not too keen on wet filters anymore.
Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Mine's a stock '18 except for the sound tube so far - I'd be interested too. I've used K&N on my other cars, but not too keen on wet filters anymore.
A friend of mine is an engineer for Ford all he has ever said is I would stay away from an oiled filter (wet) due to the possibility of contaminating the throttle body tract and throwing a code. A quality DRY filter is all that should be used to avoid any potential drivability problems. He also said the factory Air Box is pretty good. Just passing along info.

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Wow.. Great stuff guys.
I typically get notified when there is a reply. I didn't get anything lately (?) so I apologize for the delayed reply.

I'll try and answer most of the questions in one swoop.
Someone asked if we can make an airbox... the short answer is yes. We have. Its called the Mamba. We designed it for the C6 Corvette a while back. Part of what made it work so well was our unique filter design. I took that idea and started to apply it to stock filters for stock air boxes. it worked well. (So well that magnuson superchargers uses it for they C6 Corvette applications.)

As someone else has stated "With so many CAI out there...." Correct, so Im not going to throw my hat in that ring this late in the game. However we have a patent pending design for a few stock boxes. I think it will be as good or better then whats available now. The original question was. "Do you guys run stock boxes or not". If everyone said NO. then we would have thought twice about it. Apparently you do which is awesome.

A member asked if we need people to try it out...... Sure. When its time we will provide all the proper information. However like all our products, there's nothing wrong with getting a little non bias feedback.

So stay tuned, you might be seeing another alternative for your ride soon!
As always, you are a great bunch of guys & gals to bounce ideas off of. We really do appreciate it!

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
yes...a members only pricing would be appreciated as our feedback is valuable in giving you the confidence to move ahead with this project.

it sounds good to me...and I am interested.

thanks

CVCashmere

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
yes...a members only pricing would be appreciated as our feedback is valuable in giving you the confidence to move ahead with this project.

it sounds good to me...and I am interested.

thanks

CVCashmere
I as well am interested if there is something better than the K&N and Injen put me in.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I posted a while back maf count improvements on a 18 gt etuned with oem paper versus aem dry flow. 49.62 versus 51.27. While maybe small and not a direct hp to hp comparison it did flow a tad better.

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Any updates?
actually yes...

We could have easily made a similar replacement filter using our media which would definitely flow more air and filter better. However, Its not in our DNA to just do that. We typically redesign the entire shape, air direction...etc to ring out the absolute most power from that same air box. We have 2 designs we are testing. We are finalizing Monday. We will have something soon.

Sorry for the delay. But I think it will be worth it.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
actually yes...

We could have easily made a similar replacement filter using our media which would definitely flow more air and filter better. However, Its not in our DNA to just do that. We typically redesign the entire shape, air direction...etc to ring out the absolute most power from that same air box. We have 2 designs we are testing. We are finalizing Monday. We will have something soon.

Sorry for the delay. But I think it will be worth it.
Awesome! Please provide pictures and some real scientific data if possible.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Have you guys come to a decision as to whether or not your new design will require an aftermarket tune? If so, would such a new design affect manufacturers warranty like most others tend to?
No tune. That’s the whole idea. Great filtration, no oil, more horsies no tune and it’s washable and reusable. Just use soap and water.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
aFe Pro Dry filter. Clean every 10k miles. Good to go. Out performs stock filter. Do it!

Reactions: A7X

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
No tune. That’s the whole idea. Great filtration, no oil, more horsies no tune and it’s washable and reusable. Just use soap and water.
Hello TKO:

So...we have been helping you with customer feedback. In response, i would recommend a special introductory price for those of us who sent you feedback.

Thanks

CVCashmere
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X
Status
Not open for further replies.