Rynoe

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Premium, 6spd, GBM, chas N0121
I asked about the sway bar and spring changes and the response was that the tuning was track optimized as designed for each respective wheel set. All of the technical considerations a professional chassis engineer would make as well as the practical result went into the final product. Adding the solid bar with the 255/275 wheel set will compromise some form of handling Iā€™d suspect, away from the intended experience. Whether or not someone finds the change better is purely subjective. I commend you for doing this correctly and documenting your effort. I kept hearing that the HP kit for M1 owners with all the parts was to be offered with VIN required but with all the parts shortages Iā€™m not surprised to have not seen it yet. Iā€™m impressed that the factory designed the HP pack to easily allow for the parts to be added so simply.
Yeah I wouldnā€™t recommend throwing this on any other mustang I completely agree. For Mach 1 I think your only sacrificing ride quality but I will find out when I finish installing the rest of the HP parts. I plan on adding the HP wheels but I want to do this by the books and get my magneride/speedo settings set.

update on the coding: my dealership let me know the ABS is the same across all platforms in 2022. He implied it was different in 2021 but didnā€™t clarify.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rynoe

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
A quick update on this.

Tried independently modifying the magneride settings, ABS, and Speedo but began throwing unrelated codes and reverted back. The new plan is to find a VIN that matches my car exactly (2022, manual, 700a, elite) that also has the handling package then download it to my car.

After talking to a few people at the Mach 1 track attack, installing the HP wheels and springs wonā€™t cause any issues but it would be ideal to have the optimal settings. Probably will end up doing this sooner rather than later then.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
I really think youā€™ll be fine just swapping all the parts. I just finished on mine and itā€™s getting an alignment today. I also just placed an order for tires for my 19x11ā€™s. With a little luck, Iā€™ll get to an autocross by the end of the month. Thereā€™s a few people here tracking converted cars with no software changes.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Last edited:

Sponsored

Hifiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 Mustang
A quick update on this.

Tried independently modifying the magneride settings, ABS, and Speedo but began throwing unrelated codes and reverted back. The new plan is to find a VIN that matches my car exactly (2022, manual, 700a, elite) that also has the handling package then download it to my car.

After talking to a few people at the Mach 1 track attack, installing the HP wheels and springs wonā€™t cause any issues but it would be ideal to have the optimal settings. Probably will end up doing this sooner rather than later then.
Old thread, but did you ever get to updating the magneride controller for better use with the HP wheels/springs/sways?

0wen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Owen
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, MX-5 30th Anniversary
Old thread, but did you ever get to updating the magneride controller for better use with the HP wheels/springs/sways?
Credit to @kb19 for this but I believe he recently confirmed with Ford Performance that:

"The Magneride tuning is the same for all Mach 1's (HP and non-HP). Confirmed this with Ford Performance when shopping for the upgraded handling and asked if the Magneride needed to be reprogrammed to take advantage of the upgraded springs (m-5300-w) and sway bars (m-5490g). The Mach 1 Magnetide tuning detects the stiffness/response and adjusts accordingly."

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...rue-hp-and-faux-hp.191591/page-3#post-3850666

I was very happy to hear that should be the case as the HP option wasn't available where I am so I did the same thing.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Credit to @kb19 for this but I believe he recently confirmed with Ford Performance that:

"The Magneride tuning is the same for all Mach 1's (HP and non-HP). Confirmed this with Ford Performance when shopping for the upgraded handling and asked if the Magneride needed to be reprogrammed to take advantage of the upgraded springs (m-5300-w) and sway bars (m-5490g). The Mach 1 Magnetide tuning detects the stiffness/response and adjusts accordingly."

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...rue-hp-and-faux-hp.191591/page-3#post-3850666

I was very happy to hear that should be the case as the HP option wasn't available where I am so I did the same thing.

Glad we finally have some confirmation on this.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150

A lot of people just hear suspension or "chassis tuning" and assume it's the magneride calibration. In reality it's the springs and sway bars.

OP
OP
Rynoe

Rynoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the late response and I'll admit this is probably one of my most neglected threads šŸ˜… I definitely plan on getting the full package installed at some point. After driving them I can agree with others that the lip and springs do wonders (atleast at MSR Houston) around the track!

So a few things I've learned with Ford programming these days: to add equipment and flash the system with an equivalent one it has to be EXACTLY the same. When I flashed mine I forgot I had the "security package" and threw a ton of codes and errors.

Awesome to hear someone else is working on this! I get that sometimes the FP reps have to say what their manager tells them in complicated questions like this but sucks if he is providing bad information. M9602M sounds like fun on the track but may pass on it for now to truly follow what I set out to do here.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Does anyone know the correct Forscan value for reprograming the speedo to HP wheels & tires? Did some searching on the forum, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus.
Sponsored