Mach 1 Handling Package Tramlining?

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
drives fine, its the grooved under construction roads that are the issue.
I remember vipers did the same thing, its largely a product of wide grippy tires wanting to grab uneven terrain.
Having driven all over the country, I totally agree. The way the roads are engineered vary so much, everything from material (you can tell just by looking) to the prominence of a crown in the middle, its all different region to region so that has to come into play.
Sponsored

SKL49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stu
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Just had my car for two weeks but sure have noticed the tramlining. Had cup 2's on a 997.2 GT3 and don't remember it doing it that badly.
This car will primarily be for playing on the track so the cup 2's would be nice but I think another set of wheels with PS4's may make sense. I have them on a Carrera T and like them for street driving...

GTP-J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 -F150 EcoBoost 2022 Mach 1
Just had my car for two weeks but sure have noticed the tramlining. Had cup 2's on a 997.2 GT3 and don't remember it doing it that badly.
This car will primarily be for playing on the track so the cup 2's would be nice but I think another set of wheels with PS4's may make sense. I have them on a Carrera T and like them for street driving...
I had a similar experience. I thought coming from 991/981 GTs with Cup2s it would not be that noticeable. But it was apparent immediately. I think it's the weight bias and especially the tire size. 991GT3 front is a 245 compared to 305 and more weight on the Mach1. I've yet to check the alignment too.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I confirm with PS4S tires I installed today tramlining is gone. Like someone mentioned car was nervous with the cup 2s before

SuperSnake2Go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
07 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, 06 Dodge Charger srt8
So, I went with the Continental Extreme Contact Sport and they are a HUGE improvement regarding daily driving. The tramlining cleared up completely.
On another note, Discount Tire was supposed to hold my cup2’s for me to come get the next day, but they forgot and they were taken for disposal. They only has about 1600 miles on them. So, to make it right Discount ordered my a brand new set of cup2’s. I’ll either put them on another set of wheels in case I do a track day or I’ll sell them? Anyone looking for a new set of cup2’s at a good price?

Sponsored

Nick@VaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
SS 1LE
If its similar to the GT350 set up... yeah it tramlines. I came over from Chevy, and my ss 1LE tramlined too (fat front tires) but less. Might be some of the benefits of the Alpha platform showing through that the handling and tires are about as sharp but that steering is less reactive. However, the 'Stang seems sharper, almost hyperactive, which I find fun(er) in a way even if it's less refined.

SuperSnake2Go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
07 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, 06 Dodge Charger srt8
Well they run $500 each here, so I’d let them for for $425 each.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I went with the Continental Extreme Contact Sport too but have not had chance to drive it yet since I installed them late yesterday and out of town for the weekend. Did any one experience any issues with the tpms sensors? Received a relearn tool from FP if needed. I am scheduled for an alignment if needed. There seems to be good even wear and slightly more positive camber. I will probably go with something that's more Street drivable than track obviously with these tires.

20221105_072629.jpg

20221105_072655.jpg

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I went with the Continental Extreme Contact Sport too but have not had chance to drive it yet since I installed them late yesterday and out of town for the weekend. Did any one experience any issues with the tpms sensors? Received a relearn tool from FP if needed. I am scheduled for an alignment if needed. There seems to be good even wear and slightly more positive camber. I will probably go with something that's more Street drivable than track obviously with these tires.

20221105_072629.jpg

20221105_072655.jpg
After 1k miles on the Extreme Contacts, I have nothing but great things to say about the tire. Even tread wear with the factory alignment. The only time the car has tram-lined was driving on multi surface interstate where they were re-paving.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Did any one experience any issues with the tpms sensors? Received a relearn tool from FP if needed.
You don't need the TPMS tool, car automatically learns new sensors or switched wheels after driving a few miles. I changed set of wheels twice already, sides too, and they paired automatically.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
You don't need the TPMS tool, car automatically learns new sensors or switched wheels after driving a few miles. I changed set of wheels twice already, sides too, and they paired automatically.
Thanks! Good to know! I was planning to drive it first to see if it was needed.
Sponsored