B Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hello to all,
I just purchased a new 2018 mustang gt with 301A and performance pack.
couldnt find one around me with same options but having active exhaust, so can i just purchase it from somewhere and then just replace the stock one?
and is there a e85 kit for the 2018 i see people have them but cant get info on who makes them.
thanks for any help i can get.
Sponsored

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
their is a full replacement fuel system but most of us upgrade our injectors and run e85 for me thanks to lund
i have a 2017 with a ported 18 manny and full fbo running their e85r tune

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
From all the tuning companies only thing needed to run e85 is the tune. This is as long as you have the stock intake manifold. Palm Beach Dyno, Lund, and Vmp all say the same.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Agree no need to change injectors with stock manifold for E85. A word of advice from someone who just went through it. Some Coyote engines are having issues and Ford is doing short block replacements. Only do the tune or tune and CAI and keep the stock air box. That way if there is an issue swapping back to stock is easy. Also with the tune a Bob's automotive catch can would be a good idea. They are simple to install.

Sponsored

OP
OP
B Lightning

B Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
so all i need is a tune and i can run e85? no other parts needed.
also i seen some info about the 18's having good enough fuel system for it even with fbo.
Agree no need to change injectors with stock manifold for E85. A word of advice from someone who just went through it. Some Coyote engines are having issues and Ford is doing short block replacements. Only do the tune or tune and CAI and keep the stock air box. That way if there is an issue swapping back to stock is easy. Also with the tune a Bob's automotive catch can would be a good idea. They are simple to install.
Is it the piston slap issue that's causing scoring on cylinder walls? I'm hoping it all goes well. is there a range for affected build dates so far?

OP
OP
B Lightning

B Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
From all the tuning companies only thing needed to run e85 is the tune. This is as long as you have the stock intake manifold. Palm Beach Dyno, Lund, and Vmp all say the same.
yes car is 100% stock.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
so all i need is a tune and i can run e85? no other parts needed.
also i seen some info about the 18's having good enough fuel system for it even with fbo.

Is it the piston slap issue that's causing scoring on cylinder walls? I'm hoping it all goes well. is there a range for affected build dates so far?
With a tune only you should be GTG. Not sure about the piston slap issue or build dates. Ford is having problems with this engine. So anything you do make sure it is easily reversible. Hell out the box the 18 GT performance is awesome.

OP
OP
B Lightning

B Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
With a tune only you should be GTG. Not sure about the piston slap issue or build dates. Ford is having problems with this engine. So anything you do make sure it is easily reversible. Hell out the box the 18 GT performance is awesome.
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored