Sponsored

Adding Active Exhaust on 2018 GT

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Hello guys i was wondering if anyone found out a way to add the active exhaust to the non equipped models and if so what is required to add it? I know software side will probably be easier due to forscan but is there a plug that is just deleted in the back to connect the active exhaust or is it physically impossible?
Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Hello guys i was wondering if anyone found out a way to add the active exhaust to the non equipped models and if so what is required to add it? I know software side will probably be easier due to forscan but is there a plug that is just deleted in the back to connect the active exhaust or is it physically impossible?
I also didn't get the active exhaust, I found a car that was as close to my wish list as possible to avoid waiting months for the car.

I'm looking at an aftermarket active exhaust but I'd love to be able to add Ford's if possible. Hopefully somebody in the know responds.

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I also didn't get the active exhaust, I found a car that was as close to my wish list as possible to avoid waiting months for the car.

I'm looking at an aftermarket active exhaust but I'd love to be able to add Ford's if possible. Hopefully somebody in the know responds.
I saw another forum member put 18 AB on a 16 but added his own switch and he did mention that he would like to collab with someone with a MY18 GT to add active exhaust. There has to be a connector of some sort missing from the rear that connects them to the car but what i want to know is how can i look up the parts catalog to see what exactly what we need hardware wise

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Uncharted waters so far, no firm answers. Lots of knowledgeable people on here will reply I’m sure. There is another thread that discusses this question. I am looking at an 18 that has every feature I want except the active exhaust, and it’s priced right

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
subscribed. interested in seeing if it's just a plug/play add on and a forscan option

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Uncharted waters so far, no firm answers. Lots of knowledgeable people on here will reply I’m sure. There is another thread that discusses this question. I am looking at an 18 that has every feature I want except the active exhaust, and it’s priced right
That's the hard part, you find one with damn near everything you want, but that active exhaust they didn't check off?!?! Ugh.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
subscribed. interested in seeing if it's just a plug/play add on and a forscan option
Nice '94 GT. I bought a 1997 Mustang GT new in '97, took it to Union Grove Dragaway and it put down a best of 15.0@93. At least you got a real motor in yours.

As slow as that car was it sounded good and was fun to drive, my '96 Mark VIII was actually faster at 14.8@96.

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
subb4d

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This was for a 2016 Mustang not 2018.

I’m trying to help collaborate with 2018 owners that don’t have active exhaust fitted add that functionality as OEM as possible hence using forscan
Are the active exhaust mufflers the same as non-active? If so are our cars as loud as the cars with active exhaust in their loudest mode?

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice '94 GT. I bought a 1997 Mustang GT new in '97, took it to Union Grove Dragaway and it put down a best of 15.0@93. At least you got a real motor in yours.

As slow as that car was it sounded good and was fun to drive, my '96 Mark VIII was actually faster at 14.8@96.
thanks! when this motor does blow, i'll be swapping in a coyote. haven't really tracked it much, but i did throw down a 12.1 @ 123mph years back. couldn't hook up for the life of me with my old suspension. haven't been back since a full MM rear setup installed.

back on topic:
has anyone looked up under the car yet to see if there is any connectors sitting dormant?

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Are the active exhaust mufflers the same as non-active? If so are our cars as loud as the cars with active exhaust in their loudest mode?
No they sound VERY different

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
anyone get up under there yet and look for any plugs on their non-active 18?

c360tx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
I am also interested if anyone has tried this. I am shopping for one with active exhaust but they are hard to find! Being able to plug and play it after the fact would be awesome!
Sponsored