Sponsored

Added New Tune....what should I do next?

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Bought and installed (quite painless) a Bama Rev-X Tuner by SCT. Throttle response is much more reactive which is very nice. Although I belong to a local Mustang club they members are more interested in the 60's and 70's Mustangs than my S550. Question is, what do I do next? I have eliminated a supercharger due to cost. So, without going bankrupt or getting a divorce what are my options including this tuner?
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
btw, baseline dyno was done 4/22, new dyno scheduled for next Wednesday. At that point we shall see what gains were achieved. Only engine performance related upgrade has been the Roush CAI.
20220915_234351V2.jpg

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why are you trying to impress people? The real question should be what do you want next?
What the hell gave you that opinion?? I want to maximize my money spent. When I put my gas pedal down I want to feel I spent my money well. Since having a tuner is new to me I want to know what else (if anything) I can do to augment this tuner. My question is simple and to the point. Is there something you can contribute?

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
To maximize your money spent is to save for a supercharger.
Maybe tire is next to maximize your power would be my suggestion next

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What the hell gave you that opinion?? I want to maximize my money spent. When I put my gas pedal down I want to feel I spent my money well. Since having a tuner is new to me I want to know what else (if anything) I can do to augment this tuner. My question is simple and to the point. Is there something you can contribute?
You literally made it a point to say how members of your mustang club prefer 60's and 70's Mustangs over yours. Maybe you didn't intend for it, but stating that and then asking what you can do to the car made it seem like standing out is what's important.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Ditch the Bama canned tune, but can use the device itself to load a custom tune from a reputable tuner. Specifically tune for e85/flex if available in your area. Add long tubes at the same time you go e. Then look at rotational weight reduction like lighter wheels, brakes, drive shaft etc. Then sure up the suspension to help put the power down like cradle lockouts etc.

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Bought and installed (quite painless) a Bama Rev-X Tuner by SCT. Throttle response is much more reactive which is very nice. Although I belong to a local Mustang club they members are more interested in the 60's and 70's Mustangs than my S550. Question is, what do I do next? I have eliminated a supercharger due to cost. So, without going bankrupt or getting a divorce what are my options including this tuner?
Have you already done exhaust? That can be a great option to free up some more flow and possibly help with power? Outside of that; different intake manifold, fueling etc.. could contribute to your build!

Feel free to reach out to me here at Lethal Performance and I'll be glad to assist!

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Save for boost. Trust me as a broke boy who started off just trying to increase power a little bit at a time.

The only other mods that I would do would be exhaust and long tube headers. Gives the car a good noise and will help when boosted.

Get the base ESS supercharger kit and fuel upgrades (LU47 injectors, upgraded pump).
$5,150 - https://esstuning.com/mustang-s550-gt-g2-tuner-kit-wholesale-direct/

Then go with a custom tuner. For this, I would recommend Lund. The link includes the RTD+ tuning device and credits along with the tune.
$1300 - https://lundracing.com/hp-tuners-rtd-with-2018-2023-mustang-gt-bullitt-mach1-custom-tune

Or you can try and find a tuner that uses your current device and save some money.

In total, you will be down $6,500 and have a car making around 650+whp.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You need a better tune from a better tuner.
Sponsored