Sponsored

Add me to the list nobody wants to be on .....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not starting crap Tommy! You seem to be exactly like Dominator, in the fact you are another egotistical GT350R owner. Telling me to behave myself for making a comment lmfao! Who are you? I’ve never had a run in with the guy, but going through hundreds of threads i see the type of comments he makes on most of them. I called him out his B.S. on how he belittles numerous gt350 owners who post in this forum as well as other forum members who ask questions he considers “dumb”. This forum is meant for mustang enthusiasts and owners to communicate with one another in a friendly manner and to gain more knowledge on the car we all love. This community doesn’t need your entitled attitude that’s for sure. Call me the odd man out all you want, you’re opinion means jack sh** to me. But I and hundreds of other people see the bashing and the hatred on this forum, and finally admin is taking steps to prevent this. You’re little friend Dom was the guinea pig.
Not starting crap, lol. Sure you are. Listen to yourself. You are nothing but a troll.

You are hipocritical. Here you are spewing your own garbage just like the guy you condemn. Maybe you should have another drink or whatever it is you are doing.

You are worthy of the ignore button. Take care.

Kumbaya

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
Maybe y'all should just throw yer peckers on the table and see who can push the can farther.

Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Good luck on this and looking forward to seeing you report back when possible.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
Well I said I would not update, and for this to close, but it's still alive. As someone else stated, I guess people want to know.

So yesterday I was contacted by Ford. Ford informed me that they agreed to do a tear-down of the motor. I needed to go to the dealer and sign the form. If the engine shows that my headers and tune caused the issue, I had to pay for the tear-down and warranty on the engine replacement is null. If the tear-down shows that my header/ tune DID NOT cause the issue, and it's a problem with oil or other mechanical issues, then they would honor my warranty and replace the engine.

So I signed today. I also was able to see where the hole was. The hole in the block is underneath driver side, in front of the oil cartridge it seems. Hard to see the exact spot on the cell phone pic, but I will be allowed to see it in person. From the research it seems to be the same failure that someone with a R had when their oil pickup starved the engine. Even the tech admitted, (quietly) that no tune could do that type of damage. He thinks the rods let go due to oil starvation. I also spoke to Jon jr at length and gave him the entire breakdown. Interesting conversation, and I am glad I had it.

One other point that was made to me...very very very quietly is something I have been saying. It was reinforced to me today. Straight from the Horses mouth. (lol) no pun intended.

So stay tuned.
Not sure I've paid close enough attention to understand about the "one other point" but good luck and hope Ford finds their way to cover the damage. Who is doing the tear-down - the dealer or is the motor going back to Ford. Everyone keeps saying Ford will not authorize a dealer tear down??

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
No tear down for oil consumption

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Maybe y'all should just throw yer peckers on the table and see who can push the can farther.
I contacted them to set this up and all but one said they would if we could find a wide enough table.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
The rods are forged indeed (at least according to the 2019 supplement)
C06EDA32-716A-423B-9798-1451B03DB30B.jpeg
Your engine builder didn't tell you the GT350 has forged rods?

The worst is when people comment on something but really don't know or understand the topic fully.
He tells me they are “powder forged “

What was the failure on your FI car that required a rebuild?
Bent 3 rods .

Well I said I would not update, and for this to close, but it's still alive. As someone else stated, I guess people want to know.

So yesterday I was contacted by Ford. Ford informed me that they agreed to do a tear-down of the motor. I needed to go to the dealer and sign the form. If the engine shows that my headers and tune caused the issue, I had to pay for the tear-down and warranty on the engine replacement is null. If the tear-down shows that my header/ tune DID NOT cause the issue, and it's a problem with oil or other mechanical issues, then they would honor my warranty and replace the engine.

So I signed today. I also was able to see where the hole was. The hole in the block is underneath driver side, in front of the oil cartridge it seems. Hard to see the exact spot on the cell phone pic, but I will be allowed to see it in person. From the research it seems to be the same failure that someone with a R had when their oil pickup starved the engine. Even the tech admitted, (quietly) that no tune could do that type of damage. He thinks the rods let go due to oil starvation. I also spoke to Jon jr at length and gave him the entire breakdown. Interesting conversation, and I am glad I had it.

One other point that was made to me...very very very quietly is something I have been saying. It was reinforced to me today. Straight from the Horses mouth. (lol) no pun intended.

So stay tuned.
Good luck OP .

Narwaniec594

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
17 Gt350
Ninjak good luck , i hope ford will replace your motor. And i am interested in updates.
Sponsored