Sponsored

Add me to the list nobody wants to be on .....

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Glad they agreed to do a teardown, hopefully it sets a precedent that owners can go this route instead of being straight up denied and having to go the legal route.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Glad they agreed to do a teardown, hopefully it sets a precedent that owners can go this route instead of being straight up denied and having to go the legal route.
Ford didn't agree. Ford has no say on what the OP pays to have done to his car. I guess a dealer could refuse to perform a profitable tear down.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Ford didn't agree. Ford has no say on what the OP pays to have done to his car. I guess a dealer could refuse to perform a profitable tear down.
So yesterday I was contacted by Ford. Ford informed me that they agreed to do a tear-down of the motor. I needed to go to the dealer and sign the form. If the engine shows that my headers and tune caused the issue, I had to pay for the tear-down and warranty on the engine replacement is null. If the tear-down shows that my header/ tune DID NOT cause the issue, and it's a problem with oil or other mechanical issues, then they would honor my warranty and replace the engine.
?

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
What it amounts to is the OP spending money to get a diag that shows the mods didn't cause the failure.

Well I said I would not update, and for this to close, but it's still alive. As someone else stated, I guess people want to know.

So yesterday I was contacted by Ford. Ford informed me that they agreed to do a tear-down of the motor. I needed to go to the dealer and sign the form. If the engine shows that my headers and tune caused the issue, I had to pay for the tear-down and warranty on the engine replacement is null. If the tear-down shows that my header/ tune DID NOT cause the issue, and it's a problem with oil or other mechanical issues, then they would honor my warranty and replace the engine.
Looks like Ford agreed not pay for the teardown and to let the OP void his warranty on the engine replacement at the OP's expense of the tear down. Basically saying go ahead, it's your car. We...Ford... release ourselves from this motor if you proceed. The writing is on the wall imo that Ford will still deny the claim and the OP will spend even more monies to litigate and possibly reach a mediation deal.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
What it amounts to is the OP spending money to get a diag that shows the mods didn't cause the failure.
Looks like Ford agreed not pay for the teardown and to let the OP void his warranty on the engine replacement at the OP's expense of the tear down. Basically saying go ahead, it's your car. We...Ford... release ourselves from this motor if you proceed. The writing is on the wall imo that Ford will still deny the claim and the OP will spend even more monies to litigate and possibly reach a mediation deal.
The OP/owner is only paying if his tune or headers caused the problem. Pretty simply and clearly stated in previous posts. Not sure why you don't understand.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
The OP/owner is only paying if his tune or headers caused the problem. Pretty simply and clearly stated in previous posts. Not sure why you don't understand.
Not sure why people don't understand the concept of how to void your factory warranty or how to keep your factory warranty.

We all agree that if the motor was stock, there wouldn't be an issue...right?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Not sure why people don't understand the concept of how to void your factory warranty or how to keep your factory warranty.

We all agree that if the motor was stock, there wouldn't be an issue...right?

That's not the context of the discussion you intercepted, someone said, "Ford didn't agree", but the OP clearly indicated, "So yesterday I was contacted by Ford. Ford informed me that they agreed to do a tear-down of the motor."

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I’ve never seen a dealer or manufacturer agree to cover the costs and get new engine after a teardown to determine if mods caused the failure. I’ve seen this type of offer in other forums. Most people never take it up as the potential to be stuck with a huge bill for engine removal and teardown plus costs of new engine is likely. This typically never ends well, but good luck to OP. If he does this and they don’t cover the costs and he does not pay, a shop can indeed place a lien on a vehicle and take possession of it. Then lawyers get involved and the cash register really rings.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
That's not the context of the discussion you intercepted, someone said, "Ford didn't agree", but the OP clearly indicated, "So yesterday I was contacted by Ford. Ford informed me that they agreed to do a tear-down of the motor."
The information gleaned from the OP's comments is that Ford agreed to the tear down his motor...at his expense...in return for a voided warranty on that disassembled motor. So in reality the OP misrepresented a bit. Ford cannot stop the OP from doing what the OP wants to do with his paper weight. But Ford did indicate to the OP that upon tearing down the motor, the warranty would be void. So, the OP really should have said " Ford warned me that if I tore down my motor, then the warranty on that motor is voided." Obviously the OP feels there is nothing to lose.

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
The information gleaned from the OP's comments is that Ford agreed to the tear down his motor...at his expense...in return for a voided warranty on that disassembled motor.
Not sure what you're confused on. Yes, he will be on the hook if the tear-down shows his mods caused the engine failure. If he gets a replacement motor from them, there will be no warranty on the new motor. However, if they see that it wasn't the mods that caused the engine failure, they will replace his motor with a new one, free of charge and warranty intact. I don't know how much itll cost for a motor tear-down, but it's a gamble he has to take where he may have to pay a couple grand out of pocket to potentially avoid paying $20-30k for a motor replacement.

Now the issue is how OP can keep the tech who's doing the tear-down impartial and unbiased if they already blamed his mods right off the bat.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I don't believe I'm confused but I could be wrong as to where the line is between a void factory warranty and an intact factory warranty. We'll all just have to wait and see. Personally, I'm indifferent to any emotional feeling about this issue. It's simply a fact finding case for me. What I personally think the OP's attempt to extort a new motor after clearly voiding the factory drivetrain warranty is irrelevant. I don't care if the mods prove or disprove the window in the block. What I'm interested to see is how hardline Ford's position is.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The information gleaned from the OP's comments is that Ford agreed to the tear down his motor...at his expense...in return for a voided warranty on that disassembled motor. So in reality the OP misrepresented a bit. Ford cannot stop the OP from doing what the OP wants to do with his paper weight. But Ford did indicate to the OP that upon tearing down the motor, the warranty would be void. So, the OP really should have said " Ford warned me that if I tore down my motor, then the warranty on that motor is voided." Obviously the OP feels there is nothing to lose.
Still completely incorrect.

I get the impression that you are mad because the OP had a tune done on the engine and may yet have free engine replacement under warranty. So you are misrepresenting what's going on to try to discourage others from modifying their vehicles. Other than that SWAG, I don't understand why you don't get it. I just can't think of a good reason why this is difficult to understand.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

I get the impression that you are mad because the OP had a tune done on the engine and may yet have free engine replacement under warranty. So you are misrepresenting what's going on to try to discourage others from modifying their vehicles. Other than that SWAG, I don't understand why you don't get it. I just can't think of a good reason why this is difficult to understand.
Read post #161 if you haven't done so.

Thanks

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Read post #161 if you haven't done so.

Thanks
ELI5 version: Installing mods does not automatically void warranty. If it's proven that his mods is the cause of the motor blowing, OP has to take full responsibility. If it's something unrelated, like say oil pump gear failure, Ford will cover it.

If you're still confused, God help you.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5

Even more than not understanding, borderline/flat out accusing the OP of illegal activity (“extort”). :crazy:
Sponsored