Sponsored

Add me to the list nobody wants to be on .....

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
... I asked for a tear down that will show the cause, which I believe by the warnings and the oil lights coming on was a issue with the oil pickup.

If Ford does not want to do it, then I already have my shop ready to start it myself. I have been honest and nowhere in my post do I claim I did not have a tune. Hell I have been beaten up about why I am complaining because oh god I have a tune ! Well as you said there has been others that have had warranty work done with mods. I just want the fair shake. I know, you, hell everyone on this forum knows that the headers and the tune, even a flex tune, is not going to cause the oil issues. I just want Ford to see that. So when its proven it could help others who do get denied because of headers and a tune. It works both ways.
There has been a few other postings with cars losing oil pressure. In those cases, the dealership just swapped the engine under warranty. The dealership didn't try to do a tear down and diagnosis.
Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I am not the OP(apologies to him for hijack)

I have a 2.9 Whipple on mine . 3.5 pulley/cat delete/race gas . It came up when the cost of a rebuild was brought up .
What was the failure on your FI car that required a rebuild?

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Sub'd for updates.

Very close friends with my service manager. Asked him straight up about tuning the car and doing some bolt ons , etc...
He turned to me and said Eric don't do it, ford throughout the years has gotten tougher and tougher with mods to the car and a tune well just kiss your warranty goodbye.
Will be going on about 18 years now as pals. Needless to say that was good enough for me.

To the OP good luck on your quest, hope you prove us wrong.

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
This forum is full of guys who have their heads up their ass and act like idiots to new forum members. "Stop wasting my time, search this 250 page thread and read all of it instead of asking me questions". So many people here are toxic as hell. Praise the admins that Dominator got banned. That guy was the biggest D Bag GT350R owner on this forum with every response he gives being an insult to the OP or other member.

To the OP of this thread, best of luck with your warranty claims.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
This forum is full of guys who have their heads up their ass and act like idiots to new forum members. "Stop wasting my time, search this 250 page thread and read all of it instead of asking me questions". So many people here are toxic as hell. Praise the admins that Dominator got banned. That guy was the biggest D Bag GT350R owner on this forum with every response he gives being an insult to the OP or other member.

Yes couldn't agree with you more. There are an amazing amount of jerks on this forum. I am on many forums and there just not like this.
I now block all the people on this forum that love to start trouble. You know the ones that jump down your throat for having a opinion. Although I haven't had a problem with dominator I always noticed how he treated people and his posts were just classless. I have been attacked a couple times here for having an opinion and choose to respond to it the wrong way. Not anymore though, from now on just simply hit the report button and hopefully they get warned then banned if they don't stop.
With dominator though I got sick of reading how he attacks people. When I was reading this thread and came up on his post here to the original poster calling him a dumb ass I got really irritated and reported it. He should not be allowed to talk to people like that, so I'm glad we won't have to deal with that anymore.
The funny part is people wanna talk such crap to people but if it were in person they might think differently. Lot of internet tough guys.

Sponsored

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yes couldn't agree with you more. There are an amazing amount of jerks on this forum. I am on many forums and there just not like this.
I now block all the people on this forum that love to start trouble. You know the ones that jump down your throat for having a opinion. Although I haven't had a problem with dominator I always noticed how he treated people and his posts were just classless. I have been attacked a couple times here for having an opinion and choose to respond to it the wrong way. Not anymore though, from now on just simply hit the report button and hopefully they get warned then banned if they don't stop.
With dominator though I got sick of reading how he attacks people. When I was reading this thread and came up on his post here to the original poster calling him a dumb ass I got really irritated and reported it. He should not be allowed to talk to people like that, so I'm glad we won't have to deal with that anymore.
The funny part is people wanna talk such crap to people but if it were in person they might think differently. Lot of internet tough guys.
Yup! Dominator was the perfect example of a guy who would bash people and talk shit non stop to compensate for his 2 inch punisher. Perfect example of a gt350r owner who acts like a know it all. He’s not the only one. This forum is flooded with ego driven car owners.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Sounds like the odd man out to me. So why are you hanging around the GT350 forum?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Agree that people can make a counterpoint without being completely insulting; like the way the OP was treated.

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Sounds like the odd man out to me. So why are you hanging around the GT350 forum?
Because I enjoy reading the threads and content on gt350 related material. Nothing wrong with that, right?

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Because I enjoy reading the threads and content on gt350 related material. Nothing wrong with that, right?
Hint man he is another one to ignore. I get notification of these posts by email so it still shows up that there is posts from an ignored member. However your best to not even reply to that guy. Big trouble maker and likes to make up stories. Do yourself a favor and exercise your ignore button , you'll thank me later on.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No, unless you are starting a bunch of crap. Re-read

Yup! Dominator was the perfect example of a guy who would bash people and talk shit non stop to compensate for his 2 inch punisher. Perfect example of a gt350r owner who acts like a know it all. He’s not the only one. This forum is flooded with ego driven car owners.
Like dominator or not, but his opinion, as rough as it is, is based upon experience as a professional mechanic. I personally like his witt and the way he deals with people like you. I wouldnt dream of going over into the regular mustang forums and start a bunch of crap like you did here. Behave yourself. I say it again, you seem to be the odd man out.

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Well I said I would not update, and for this to close, but it's still alive. As someone else stated, I guess people want to know.

So yesterday I was contacted by Ford. Ford informed me that they agreed to do a tear-down of the motor. I needed to go to the dealer and sign the form. If the engine shows that my headers and tune caused the issue, I had to pay for the tear-down and warranty on the engine replacement is null. If the tear-down shows that my header/ tune DID NOT cause the issue, and it's a problem with oil or other mechanical issues, then they would honor my warranty and replace the engine.

So I signed today. I also was able to see where the hole was. The hole in the block is underneath driver side, in front of the oil cartridge it seems. Hard to see the exact spot on the cell phone pic, but I will be allowed to see it in person. From the research it seems to be the same failure that someone with a R had when their oil pickup starved the engine. Even the tech admitted, (quietly) that no tune could do that type of damage. He thinks the rods let go due to oil starvation. I also spoke to Jon jr at length and gave him the entire breakdown. Interesting conversation, and I am glad I had it.

One other point that was made to me...very very very quietly is something I have been saying. It was reinforced to me today. Straight from the Horses mouth. (lol) no pun intended.

So stay tuned.

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
No, unless you are starting a bunch of crap. Re-read

Like dominator or not, but his opinion, as rough as it is, is based upon experience as a professional mechanic. I personally like his witt and the way he deals with people like you. I wouldnt dream of going over into the regular mustang forums and start a bunch of crap like you did here. Behave yourself. I say it again, you seem to be the odd man out.
Not starting crap Tommy! You seem to be exactly like Dominator, in the fact you are another egotistical GT350R owner. Telling me to behave myself for making a comment lmfao! Who are you? I’ve never had a run in with the guy, but going through hundreds of threads i see the type of comments he makes on most of them. I called him out his B.S. on how he belittles numerous gt350 owners who post in this forum as well as other forum members who ask questions he considers “dumb”. This forum is meant for mustang enthusiasts and owners to communicate with one another in a friendly manner and to gain more knowledge on the car we all love. This community doesn’t need your entitled attitude that’s for sure. Call me the odd man out all you want, you’re opinion means jack sh** to me. But I and hundreds of other people see the bashing and the hatred on this forum, and finally admin is taking steps to prevent this. You’re little friend Dom was the guinea pig.
Sponsored