Sponsored

Active valve exhaust weirdness

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
When I crank my ‘22 6MT Mach 1 and go through the various drive modes with the center levers while still in neutral, changing the drive mode has no effect on the active exhaust. It stays the same, even in Track mode. Once I’m going down the road then changing drive modes does seem to change the exhaust. Is this how it’s supposed to work on the manual transmission cars? My ‘20 GT is an automatic and the exhaust mode changes with the drive mode selected right from the git.
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
When I crank my ‘22 6MT Mach 1 and go through the various drive modes with the center levers while still in neutral, changing the drive mode has no effect on the active exhaust. It stays the same, even in Track mode. Once I’m going down the road then changing drive modes does seem to change the exhaust. Is this how it’s supposed to work on the manual transmission cars? My ‘20 GT is an automatic and the exhaust mode changes with the drive mode selected right from the git.
You notice a very slight variation at idle. When you are driving you notice the big change between track and Normal mode.

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
For me, in the car, it's actually slightly louder/bassier on quiet mode at idle than track. I bet it's changing, you just can't hear the difference. Next time, hit the buttons then navigate to the active exhaust menu and see what it is on. Or blip the throttle.

ETA I drive a GT, the Mach may really behave differently, so ymmv.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You notice a very slight variation at idle. When you are driving you notice the big change between track and Normal mode.
That‘s kinda how it is on my manual Mach, but it’s very audible on my automatic GT.

Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me, in the car, it's actually slightly louder/bassier on quiet mode at idle than track. I bet it's changing, you just can't hear the difference. Next time, hit the buttons then navigate to the active exhaust menu and see what it is on. Or blip the throttle.

I‘ll try a throttle blip, thanks.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1

Is there another way to change the mode besides going through the menu? Also, does it always revert back to normal when you shut the car off? I have to change it every time I get in.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Is there another way to change the mode besides going through the menu? Also, does it always revert back to normal when you shut the car off? I have to change it every time I get in.
Yes it defaults to Normal every time you turn off the car (unless you have Quiet Start enabled)

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Yes it reverts back unfortunately. You can create my mode is the quickest way. I have it set on sport plus and track exhaust. So when I get in I toggle up twice and done it’s perfect much easier than going through the menus.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Yes it reverts back unfortunately. You can create my mode is the quickest way. I have it set on sport plus and track exhaust. So when I get in I toggle up twice and done it’s perfect much easier than going through the menus.
Thank you for the help. On the GT350 it was one of the toggle switches and so much easier.

Sponsored

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
If i could figure out how to make an exhaust switch in forscan or something, i would for this reason! Probably will do a digital dash and pony button swap at some point.

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Mine behaves wonky (or how designed) sometimes as well. I can change modes while in neutral, and then only once I select 1st gear and get moving a tiny bit, you can audibly hear a change without any throttle application from my foot. It's nice how it'll apply throttle itself if you don't do anything to keep it from stalling.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine behaves wonky (or how designed) sometimes as well. I can change modes while in neutral, and then only once I select 1st gear and get moving a tiny bit, you can audibly hear a change without any throttle application from my foot. It's nice how it'll apply throttle itself if you don't do anything to keep it from stalling.
Yep, that’s it! I phrased it poorly but I believe that’s what mine is doing as well. I’ll double check. Perhaps that’s what it’s supposed to do?

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I may chalk it up to being a different exhaust on the GT vs the Mach. I don't notice a difference in my Mach when I change exhaust modes when sitting at idle, only when I'm driving down the road and I change it. I normally drive my car exclusively in drag mode when I start driving it because it shifts smoothest in that mode unless I'm on it hard and it gives me the lunge shifts at high rpm, otherwise smooth as butter.

If you really wanna know for sure if it's changing just navigate to the my mode menu that displays in your instrument cluster when you change drive modes to see that it is changing as it should be and it will display the modes exhaust/transmission/suspension settings.

MX915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500, 2022 Mustang GT Premium
For what its worth, my 22 GT A10 sound doesn't change until you move from park into drive. I dont recall if its the same on the Mach since its been in the garage for 3 months, but I would assume so.
Sponsored