OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I may chalk it up to being a different exhaust on the GT vs the Mach. I don't notice a difference in my Mach when I change exhaust modes when sitting at idle, only when I'm driving down the road and I change it. I normally drive my car exclusively in drag mode when I start driving it because it shifts smoothest in that mode unless I'm on it hard and it gives me the lunge shifts at high rpm, otherwise smooth as butter.

If you really wanna know for sure if it's changing just navigate to the my mode menu that displays in your instrument cluster when you change drive modes to see that it is changing as it should be and it will display the modes exhaust/transmission/suspension settings.
Vertex, other than the larger diameter trumpet tips I guess I didnā€™t realize the Mach 1 exhaust was different from the GT. I had noticed that track mode didnā€™t seem quite as loud as the GT. Please educate me if you will.

Your comment above that I put in bold is precisely what Iā€™m experiencing with my car. Maybe itā€™s designed that way?

Edit: I should add that my Mach is a manual, if that matters.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
For me....at cold start....you definitely notice a difference between Quiet mode vs. normal or sport/track....once it warms up you'll barely notice a difference....but while driving, I notice the difference from quiet to normal....but to me at least, sport & track is almost the same even though in track the valves are supposed to be wide open. However, one thing to note is that this is an active valve exhaust (different from exhausts where it's simply opening or closing the valves completely), in that the active valve will "tune" the exhaust flow based on rpm's etc...

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Vertex, other than the larger diameter trumpet tips I guess I didnā€™t realize the Mach 1 exhaust was different from the GT. I had noticed that track mode didnā€™t seem quite as loud as the GT. Please educate me if you will.

Your comment above that I put in bold is precisely what Iā€™m experiencing with my car. Maybe itā€™s designed that way?

Edit: I should add that my Mach is a manual, if that matters.
I don't think there is a difference between manual/auto other than the nice sounds of the pops/gargles you can get at higher rpm coasting. I know the tips are different, I just double checked and for some reason I thought the exhaust manifolds were different, however, they are not. The intake manifold is different and I don't believe that would affect exhaust sound on the car.

I just know I had a guy stop by my work one day with his roush charged 18 gt and when he fired it up I was extremely underwhelmed and disappointed in how that car sounded compared to mine, although, I did not ask or know if his had active exhaust or if there changes how it sounds much compared to one without active exhaust.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1
For me....at cold start....you definitely notice a difference between Quiet mode vs. normal or sport/track....once it warms up you'll barely notice a difference....but while driving, I notice the difference from quiet to normal....but to me at least, sport & track is almost the same even though in track the valves are supposed to be wide open. However, one thing to note is that this is an active valve exhaust (different from exhausts where it's simply opening or closing the valves completely), in that the active valve will "tune" the exhaust flow based on rpm's etc...
Ditto
Sponsored