Sponsored

A10 2nd gear

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
So I noticed something I thought peculiar that I don’t remember in my 2019 A10 GT. When coming to a stop it goes from third to first as the car is downshifting. It’s never third, second, and then first gear. Is this normal?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Yes, it's programmed to skip gears quite often. It doesn't need to go through every single gear like a sequential.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it's programmed to skip gears quite often. It doesn't need to go through every single gear like a sequential.
Gotcha. I just find it weird that’s the only gear that’s skipped.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Like I mentioned, there's alot more, especially in D. You just don't notice it nor can you really see what gear you're in. If you're in 10th on the highway coming down to a stop, it's going to skip most.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So I noticed something I thought peculiar that I don’t remember in my 2019 A10 GT. When coming to a stop it goes from third to first as the car is downshifting. It’s never third, second, and then first gear. Is this normal?
Being you're new to the 10R80 - go here, page 1, post 1. Within that post scroll down and go through the links about the 10R80 and read the attached PDF from Gears Magazine. You'll learn a lot about the 10R80.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tions-to-harsh-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/

Sponsored

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Being you're new to the 10R80 - go here, page 1, post 1. Within that post scroll down and go through the links about the 10R80 and read the attached PDF from Gears Magazine. You'll learn a lot about the 10R80.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...tions-to-harsh-or-no-shift-conditions.135463/
Thanks. Not exactly new to it as this is my second A10 GT I just couldn’t recall if it was normal behavior or not. I don’t remember it being as harsh when it was downshifting in my previous car.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The 10R80 doesn't shift "1,2,3,4" - it skips gears, same on the auto downshift.

It's all based on the programming logic which is based on speed, rpm, throttle position, and braking.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Mine will under no circumstances downshift all the way to first unless you come to a complete dead stop. Don’t know if this is normal or not.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
It's not, mine went from 1 to 3 to 5 to 7 to 10. Depending on your foot or lack of it.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
From memory, the skipping of gears applies only applies when the gear selector is in D. In S mode it will shift sequentially.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Yeah, stock in Normal that 1 to 3 shift sucks from a redlight. Ive gotten used to it and its better with a tune. It takes awhile to get pedal foot muscle memory right how to handle the A10 in certain easy driving situations, but I have now.

Ive had it about 3 months, and the first month was full of WTF... It reminded me at times of the Edge ST in Normal mode and hitting the pedal too much sent the ecoboost into rocket ship launch for no reason.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I haven't ever noticed mine skipping any gear other than 2nd and only if I'm in normal mode or sport+ and I'm not ripping away from a dead stop. Track and drag mode it does not skip any gears that I've noticed. I haven't ever really used wet/snow before so I have 0 input on that.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, stock in Normal that 1 to 3 shift sucks from a redlight. Ive gotten used to it and its better with a tune. It takes awhile to get pedal foot muscle memory right how to handle the A10 in certain easy driving situations, but I have now.
It’s only when downshifting. I’m literally watching it go through every gear on the digital dash in both D and S modes and it always skips 2nd.
I’ll probably just take it in next week to have it checked and make sure it isn’t an issue. I’ll unplug the battery later to reset the adaptive learning to see if that helps.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I agree, I see it hit most gears, but from a slower start it jumps second from a stop and bogs too much. So I give a little more gas from the go now, and the 1 to 3 is better. I just leave all the cars from the light, but I have a lead foot anyways lol. Plus modding the exhaust, I can tell better what the car is doing by ear now too.
Sponsored