Sponsored

A10 - 5th Gear

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Do any of you with an A10 notice it shifting super rough in and out of 5th or notice it have a hard time with 5th being right about where it needs to shift for traffic?

Curious - I am wondering if its just learned KAM values that a good battery off reset will help, or......
Sponsored

Vanel27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Mustang PP - Indigo Silver
Vehicle Showcase
yes!..same on my car.
also....once on 5th....the progression is not "linear"....
press and keep accelerating....but once i get to 5th..the rpms actually lower!for the half a second almost as if it hesitates for sec..and then keeps rising......it only does this on 5th.....is driving me crazy.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
yes!..same on my car.
press and keep accelerating....but once i get to 5th..the rpms actually lower!for the half a second almost as if it hesitates for sec..and then keeps rising......it only does this on 5th.....is driving me crazy.
48xx miles of driving the A10 and can agree to that 100%. This 5th gear affect does not seem so prominent when shifter is in S.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Are you guys shifting manually since you know what gear the transmission is in? Or do you have the LCD display and will it show the gear in automatic?

In my GT no automatic up or down shifts using D or S in N, S+, or Track drive modes are noticeably rough in normal driving but I don't know which gear is being used.

Here is a gear chart/graph. Note that 4th - 5th has the lowest rpm drop except for 9th - 10th

[/url][/IMG]

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Are you guys shifting manually since you know what gear the transmission is in? Or do you have the LCD display and will it show the gear in automatic?

In my GT no automatic up or down shifts using D or S in N, S+, or Track drive modes are noticeably rough in normal driving but I don't know which gear is being used.

Here is a gear chart/graph. Note that 4th - 5th has the lowest rpm drop except for 9th - 10th

[/url][/IMG]
Dick,

What software or program did you use to extract that chart? Pretty cool tech.

I can also agree with Dick’s response - when the A10 is in “D” or even “S” with no manual intervention of the driver using the shifter paddles - the display (at least with analog cluster) does not and will not display the actual gear # as the trans is auto shifting up or down.

Only when the Driver starts use of the paddle will a gear # be displayed (again analog cluster). In “D” using paddles, the gear # only displays when shifting, if the Driver does not shift, the auto up or downshift occurs and the gear # is no longer displayed. When in “S” and manually shifting, this is the only setting or time when the actual gear # will be retained in the display (analog cluster) UNTIL the Driver chooses the next gear.

So I too am wondering how you guys know the issue is with 5th?

I’m also not experiencing any issues with my A-10 in any gear.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I have the LCD screen but i havent noticed any issues with 5th gear, or these PP or non PP?

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Dick,

What software or program did you use to extract that chart? Pretty cool tech.
Norm Petersen created a spreadsheet which includes gearing charts which he shared with me early this year. I recommend that you PM Norm.:)

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
I wouldn't say rough but I've notice that the computer seems to be confused on whether to lock the converter or not. Its more of a quick engagement or at times a slight hesitation. It gives you a herky/jerky feel at times. I noticed it both pre-tune and post-tune. For me its most noticeable when I part throttle it but not enough throttle to go into a passing gear. Hope that makes sense.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
I wouldn't say rough but I've notice that the computer seems to be confused on whether to lock the converter or not. Its more of a quick engagement or at times a slight hesitation. It gives you a herky/jerky feel at times. I noticed it both pre-tune and post-tune. For me its most noticeable when I part throttle it but not enough throttle to go into a passing gear. Hope that makes sense.
You described it perfectly. It does seem as if its not sure to lock the converter or not.

Vanel27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Mustang PP - Indigo Silver
Vehicle Showcase

[/url][/IMG]
LCD Display..non PP car...Normal Drive mode.

Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Yeah, I really don't understand why us base guys don't get to see what gear we're in unless shifting manually in sport mode. It merely needs to display the number. I would really like to be able to always see what gear its in for my own knowledge of the shift strategy, etc. I wonder if a tuner could add that in a tune or something. Its obviously just a software change since it is capable of showing the gear. Here comes an email to Lund....

OP
OP
hawkbox

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
yes!..same on my car.
So glad someone else is seeing this - I was worried for a min...

This is very much what its like but it slams the damn thing into 5th when it hesitates....crazy - its mostly after partial throttle when trying to pass and not needing a John Force blow by of the car I am going around.

Oye...welp guess I will take it to the dealer and start a file on it JIC.

Ohh and its in Sport mode - not sport plus.

Thanks for the assessment guys! :cheers:

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT

This is very much what its like but it slams the damn thing into 5th when it hesitates....crazy - its mostly after partial throttle when trying to pass and not needing a John Force blow by of the car I am going around.

John Force blow by = perfect description :headbang:

pantograph3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP Orange Fury
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I notice the same exact thing with my A10. I have the digital dash showing the gear and it is very rough (jerky as someone else mentioned here) on both up and downshifts to/from 5th. In S+ mode (shifter in D), while playing with the 0-60 acceleration timer, the car jerked so much going to 5th that my foot actually lifted off the pedal and confused it even more. In general, the transmission seems like it gives me the quick shifts as advertised some of the time (mostly at low power), and others it's just hesitant and sloppy (higher power).

I'm going to try again with the shifter in S and see what it does.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Did you ever take it to the Dealer for diagnosis - if so, what was the result?
Sponsored