Sponsored

A good front splitter that will work with Non PP car?

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
IMG_4587.jpg

I added this one last weekend - SpeedForm - Non PP car. Easy install and only $119.
Wow, love it!!!! It looks sinister. Where did you buy it? Is it sturdy or flimsy?
Thanks Anthony

rsaylor77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Convertible
Wow, love it!!!! It looks sinister. Where did you buy it? Is it sturdy or flimsy?
Thanks Anthony
Thank you. Got it through American Muscle.
It is a 3 piece, fit together perfectly, very easy install.
It is not overly thick, and just being honest, I decided I didn't want one too thick, too strong versus the possibility of bumping something.
It has a total of 12 screws and once on, nice and strong.
The front splitter on my C7 GS aero 2, is very thick and very strong, also big money to replace, this seemed the better way to go to me.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Maybe the 15-17, but for me at least with a 2020 all I swapped over was the underbelly pan and the chin piece. It covers all the parts and matches the exact same mounting points as stock.

Pan was like $150 and chin splitter was $120 or so. If you can find them used on ebay is much better than paying dealer prices which are insane for a couple pieces of plastic.
Thanks for replY! So you have a NON-PP like me? You have 202, I have 2021.. they should be identical.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Thanks for replY! So you have a NON-PP like me? You have 202, I have 2021.. they should be identical.
Yup mine is a 2020 non-PP. I had a 2016 PP and got that model because back then the PP option was much cheaper and was worth it, but with the Gen 3s the price is for that option is like 3x the cost so I decided to forgo it from the factory and built it up myself for much less.

One more thing about the parts we were discussing. The PP belly pan will fit in the back and the sides of the non-PP fine model, but it won't lineup with the holes of the non-PP splitter lip. You can make it fit, but it will require you to drill new holes in the existing lip and move around the J clips to those. Nothing terrible, but it's not a direct swap if you only get the underbelly pan.

To make it fit with 0 modifications you also have to get the PP lip. But other than that, as mentioned, it's a direct swap with nothing else needed but just those 2 parts.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Yorkshire_OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Hello, Thanks for replY! I love it, looks great!!!!!! Is it thin or thick? solid of flimsy?
Thanks Anthony
Pretty solid, has a little flex to it and the previous owner has scuffed it a little so I guess it can take a knock.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Yup mine is a 2020 non-PP. I had a 2016 PP and got that model because back then the PP option was much cheaper and was worth it, but with the Gen 3s the price is for that option is like 3x the cost so I decided to forgo it from the factory and built it up myself for much less.

One more thing about the parts we were discussing. The PP belly pan will fit in the back and the sides of the non-PP fine model, but it won't lineup with the holes of the non-PP splitter lip. You can make it fit, but it will require you to drill new holes in the existing lip and move around the J clips to those. Nothing terrible, but it's not a direct swap if you only get the underbelly pan.

To make it fit with 0 modifications you also have to get the PP lip. But other than that, as mentioned, it's a direct swap with nothing else needed but just those 2 parts.
Hi-
Im probably gonna go w direct swap w no mods, belly pan and pp1 lip. or maybe pp2 lip, would pp2 lip fit with PP underbelly? I like the pp underbelly because of the brake air ducts. Thanks for the help, appreciate it!
Anthony

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Pretty solid, has a little flex to it and the previous owner has scuffed it a little so I guess it can take a knock.
Thanks. Does it match the rest of the cars gray underclad?
Anthony

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
belly pan and pp1 lip. or maybe pp2 lip, would pp2 lip fit with PP underbelly?
So I think the PP2 lip is on top of the existing PP1 lip, like it's an add on vs. being a replacement. So yes, it works with PP1 underbelly because they are both the same.

Sponsored

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
So I think the PP2 lip is on top of the existing PP1 lip, like it's an add on vs. being a replacement. So yes, it works with PP1 underbelly because they are both the same.
Awesome thanks so much for your helP!
Anthony
Sponsored