Sponsored

A good front splitter that will work with Non PP car?

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi Guys,

I wanted to add a good front splitter that will work with the NON PP lower configuration since I don't feel like spending $1000 on a PP lower set up. Anyone know any that will just bolt up?

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I don't feel like spending $1000 on a PP lower set up
I'm pretty sure the only differences between a PP and non-PP splitter is that the PP splitter has the cutouts for the brake cooling ducts while the others don't. But they are interchangeable in terms of mounting.

I swapped to the PP undertray and lip and they all bolted on the same way on my non-PP. It also didn't cost anywhere near $1000, I did it all for under $300.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I'm pretty sure the only differences between a PP and non-PP splitter is that the PP splitter has the cutouts for the brake cooling ducts while the others don't. But they are interchangeable in terms of mounting.

I swapped to the PP undertray and lip and they all bolted on the same way on my non-PP. It also didn't cost anywhere near $1000, I did it all for under $300.
I thought the shape of the under panel was different and leaves some areas unsecured on the corners.

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
I thought the shape of the under panel was different and leaves some areas unsecured on the corners.
Correct - the belly pans are a slightly different shape. So if you try to use the PP splitter with the non-pp belly pan (or vice-versa), they won't go together correctly, if at all.

And at least for the 15-17's, I know the PP splitter was like 400 bucks at a dealer and the belly pan, another 140 (at least they were in the past year). Worth it for the actual brake cooling for me.

OP - sorry, I don't have a recommendation for ya. Just be wary some out there are quite flimsy or break easy and there's a reason they're much cheaper. There are a few that american muscle and a few other vendors carry that will work with the non-pp belly pan. You'll want to look for the ones labeled " w/o Performance Pack ".

Steeda doesn't show it, but that item listed elsewhere shows that it's for PP models. I like the look though.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
ZL1Addons has some options. Never tried them so can't comment on quality. I think ARP has one as well.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

I was under the impression, there are multiple parts that are needed to make it work on a non pp car. (Brackets, braces, crossmember etc.). Like a mini projet to simply bolt up a new splitter. Expensive too, like $800 bucks.

Thanks Anthony

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Me too, same here. It seems non PP cars need all the brackets and metal brace. I'm not 100% sure though.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Correct - the belly pans are a slightly different shape. So if you try to use the PP splitter with the non-pp belly pan (or vice-versa), they won't go together correctly, if at all.

And at least for the 15-17's, I know the PP splitter was like 400 bucks at a dealer and the belly pan, another 140 (at least they were in the past year). Worth it for the actual brake cooling for me.

OP - sorry, I don't have a recommendation for ya. Just be wary some out there are quite flimsy or break easy and there's a reason they're much cheaper. There are a few that american muscle and a few other vendors carry that will work with the non-pp belly pan. You'll want to look for the ones labeled " w/o Performance Pack ".

Steeda doesn't show it, but that item listed elsewhere shows that it's for PP models. I like the look though.
Thanks for reply! Greatly appreciated!! and 411..... Will do, 4 sure.
Anthony

Sponsored
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I was under the impression, there are multiple parts that are needed to make it work on a non pp car. (Brackets, braces, crossmember etc.). Like a mini projet to simply bolt up a new splitter. Expensive too, like $800 bucks.

Thanks Anthony
Maybe the 15-17, but for me at least with a 2020 all I swapped over was the underbelly pan and the chin piece. It covers all the parts and matches the exact same mounting points as stock.

Pan was like $150 and chin splitter was $120 or so. If you can find them used on ebay is much better than paying dealer prices which are insane for a couple pieces of plastic.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
At least on a 2020, all the mounting points are the same for the PP underbelly pan and the non-PP. Yes you need the splitter/chin piece, but other than that it goes right on.