Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Is this defect/fail happening more in the PP gt? ..I could imagine my stock pp suspension giving the core a beating the way it jostles on uneven roadways...
Sponsored

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Is this defect/fail happening more in the PP gt? ..I could imagine my stock pp suspension giving the core a beating the way it jostles on uneven roadways...
No this is happening with all models of Mustangs. Hell even my 1997 Mustang GT went through 2 heater cores and that sucked because coolant got inside the car :(

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
So.....

I got my car out of storage 18 days ago.
It has not been above 40* yet.

When I turn on the defrost, the compressor sounds like a power steering pump going bad! A bit of groaning noise. I can’t remember that from last year, it remains to be seen when it warms up if it is working right!

stangind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dev
Vehicle(s)
17'LIB GTPP
Need Advise

Last year around July my evaporator went kaput and the local dealer here replaced it under warranty. Recently temperatures here started to get better and the same old evaporator defect symptoms were awaken from hell, dealer diagnosed it saying it was low on Freon and refilled it back. The problem now is, if i drive with the heater on for a while and turn back the temp to 68 its showing the same symptom (where we get hot air from driver side and negligible cold air from passenger side vent), but it does throw cold air i.e. when the temp is turned to its lowest setting and fan speed to high. Is this a evaporator defect/ something else?

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
So fellas who have purchased the extended warranty got a link to the dealership with the best deal?

Sponsored

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Elsewhere in this thread was a recommendation for Flood Ford as the place to purchase an extended warranty:

GT Pony said:
Go here and get a price quote. Flood Ford seems to be about the cheapest cost you'll find. And yes, they sell an official Ford extended warranty, just like you would buy directly from Ford.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Is there anyway an evaporator core problem could cause an over pressurisation in the system, and somehow contaminate the gas?

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The evap is on the third or fourth revision, correct?
Any news that they got it right? I know some in this thread are on their third one.

Last edited:

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Any news that they got it right? I know some in this thread are on their third one.
I believe it's on its 3rd revision. No word on if the current revision is leaking, but with summer rapidly approaching I'm sure they will start leaking soon if the problem still exists in rev 3.

cm8112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
15GT with a little over 50K miles.Just want to share my experience. Ford is NOT giving financial assistance for the Evaporator core issue once you are out of warranty. Ford knows it is a design problem, but they are not helping with anything. My repair costs $2,100. Likely my unit started to fail months ago, I just found out, when the Freon leaked out completely.*
If you own a 2015-2017 Mustang please, please, keep checking you AC Freon pressure in a regular basis. It will be too late if you are out of warranty. If you are in the hole like me, please consider to fill a form with classaction.org

Sponsored

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
keep checking you AC Freon pressure in a regular basis. It will be too late if you are out of warranty.
what he said. mine started to smell months before it crapped out completely. i had gone in at least once prior only to be told to change my cabin filter, which cost me $40cdn and did nothing, but at least it was documented that i had concerns before failure.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
I'm on my third evaporator part W and a second compressor.

What if the a/c is slow to cool at startup (assume 5 min. to cool), cools normally at highway speeds for extended periods and there's no change in cooling after strong acceleration, and stops cooling altogether during traffic? The radiator fan seems to be working intermittently on full stops.

What are the possible causes of this?

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Joined the club guys. Passenger side AC vent isn't blowing cold at all and the other vents are just barely cool on the lowest setting. The weird thing is my AC fans will slow down when making a bluetooth phone call and then speed up after the call is over lol.

11,575 miles and I haven't even owned the car for 6 months. I've just started to use the AC since I got the car in November and it lasts about a week.. Taking her in on Monday.

Last edited:

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I'm on my third evaporator part W and a second compressor.

What if the a/c is slow to cool at startup (assume 5 min. to cool), cools normally at highway speeds for extended periods and there's no change in cooling after strong acceleration, and stops cooling altogether during traffic? The radiator fan seems to be working intermittently on full stops.

What are the possible causes of this?
Likely low Freon but could be compressor going out too.

A class action has to be coming on this...it's ridiculous.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shit.

Sure as shit sticks to a blanket, my AC definitely does not work.
I'm one of the lucky ones, still under warranty. But it certainly needs a compressor, it sounds like it has a supercharger installed. But, statistically speaking, I'll bet it needs an evap too, my guess being that the evap took out the compressor?

Dunno, but I'm pretty depressed about it. Taking stock of everything and my commuter/ winter driving needs, I'm strongly considering trading it on a Mazda CX5 fully loaded. I got torqued the other day when freezing rain froze the window to the door, and thus made me have to yank the door open on the weather strip, and then it wouldn't close right. Not a great winter car any way you slice it. Hopefully get back the majority of the 2K I just spent on an ESP too!
Sponsored