Captain Greg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Aston Martin N430 .Mustang GT .Mercedes Benz AMG,
Vehicle Showcase
Reading all this Bs …wonder if many of the posters and eco boost mustang owners have actually encountered a A45 or a Golf 8 in real life at a stop light? 😳🤔
Street fast is not track conditions …..
Have you had a robot to robot dice with one of these that you lot speak about with such Authority ?..I doubt it
Here we see it daily and when in the 50 or 5.0 or s550 or whatever you red necks call it we proceed with caution …simply because they will kick a stock Mustang’s little feminine butt …
Until you have experienced it may I kindly suggest you sit on the porch not comment

all brave posters on a key board with no dyno numbers of there car …I posted mine for reference
Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Reading all this Bs …wonder if many of the posters and eco boost mustang owners have actually encountered a A45 or a Golf 8 in real life at a stop light? 😳🤔
Street fast is not track conditions …..
Have you had a robot to robot dice with one of these that you lot speak about with such Authority ?..I doubt it
Here we see it daily and when in the 50 or 5.0 or s550 or whatever you red necks call it we proceed with caution …simply because they will kick a stock Mustang’s little feminine butt …
Until you have experienced it may I kindly suggest you sit on the porch not comment

all brave posters on a key board with no dyno numbers of there car …I posted mine for reference
My Google translate seems to not be working, does anybody know what language he's speaking?

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
So by your definition so is a Toyota 86 😳. O dear then again you are in a city were chiks with dicks are seen as women …lot of that on the news here recently 🤣
I would call a Toyota 86 a sports car.

May not be a fast car or one I would get though.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
For me who drives enthusiastically I want to be able to go around a corner planted, my Hot hatch does this in its stride ( while out accelerating a stock 5.0 Mustang) so does my Aston its a 3 pedal in defence the suspension set up and combination on those two cars also stock are just better than the all American made Ford
WTF do you have a mustang for then. I mean if it such a POS......

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Ohhh, I know the answer to this.... I worked with a guy from SA for about 5 years and he was always telling me about their cars and our cars. Most of the the cars sold in SA are small, nimble and quick and many have performance parts and options you won't see in other places. American cars are seen as large, heavy and fairly primitive. They have the same type of appeal as muscle cars from the 60s, plus they are hard to come by so they are pretty exclusive.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
When a guy posts his pictures with his arms crossed.. you know he means business, you don't fuck with him. He is a certified badass.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Miata's and MGB's and hot hatches are fun cars no doubt. I can run them flat out on back roads and not worry about leaving my lane, or going so fast it's instant jail if I come up on a cop.

The mustang trounces them, however I cannot drive it flat out on a back road unless the road is closed.

So I will admit, it is more fun driving a slow car fast than driving a fast car slow.

Slackaveli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost High Performance & Handling Packages
Miata's and MGB's and hot hatches are fun cars no doubt. I can run them flat out on back roads and not worry about leaving my lane, or going so fast it's instant jail if I come up on a cop.

The mustang trounces them, however I cannot drive it flat out on a back road unless the road is closed.

So I will admit, it is more fun driving a slow car fast than driving a fast car slow.
See, that's where my HPP/HP EB comes in. It handles like a Porsche. I've hit 1.49 Gs in a left turn.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake

This.

My daily driver/beater is a stock Mk7.5 M6 GTI and it's a fun car. It's completely usable in almost any situation since I can run it through the RPMs and never feel like it's going to get away from me. The Mk8 will be nearly identical.

One of my close friends has a stock 2011 Mustang GT (M6) and it out runs my GTI almost every time, essentially 99% of the time. We've traded off before since he came from VW/Audi, and it doesn't change. The 5.0 wins regardless.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
See, that's where my HPP/HP EB comes in. It handles like a Porsche. I've hit 1.49 Gs in a left turn.
I assume slicks or R compound and some race prep ?

If so, that’s not a fair comparison.

If not, you’ve just defied physics and logic.

WD :like:

Slackaveli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost High Performance & Handling Packages
Pirelli p-zero Corsa.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I assume slicks or R compound and some race prep ?

If so, that’s not a fair comparison.

If not, you’ve just defied physics and logic.

WD :like:
First time I hit 1.5G in a corner I was on my street PZero's in a left right transition in a S curve on a mountain road the hit was so hard I blacked out for a few seconds because I was heavy and didn't expected it. Safe to say I didn't drive hard after that.

OP
OP
Captain Greg

Captain Greg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Aston Martin N430 .Mustang GT .Mercedes Benz AMG,
Vehicle Showcase

Not where I live.
I’m not saying it’s a piece of S
in Sa we have very limited choices when it comes to muscle cars,
previously any muscle car had to first go to Australia where it was was retrofitted with the RHD in many cases the modifications were rather sub standard.
When Ford announced and introduced the mustang here with a RHD I was super excited a car from the dealer with warranty and a real engine
So naturally most petrol heads placed orders, what I did with it in the first 5 years of ownership was just amble around with it having had some interesting moments where it would slip ( due to my improper handling of the right pedal) my wife also had a few bad exp with it just spinning the back out even with more gentle throttle applications.
Now being semi retired car out of warranty I’m happy play with it a bit and hence the car has had cats out and ignition tuning done to optimise it’s output for normal pump gas, I was told that in the USA you still have 98 that we can’t get and if I were to add a race fuel additive I would see improved gains.
Its a fun car to drive make no mistake, I have few mates with the Chevy Lumina (Australian v8 family car) and two who have older camaro’s I don’t like the the Lumina personally
They make me park down the road on a Friday eve at the pub with only bad things to say about Ford and the happy rear end the mustang has become notorious for.
Correct down here we get all the hot hatch German stuff with twin turbos and handling to boot ( in some cases they even cost more than a new Mustang)
I again find these cars boring with what I will describe as a lack of personality (just my opinion) as an example the BMW M2 is fast and handles well but it’s just so perfect I find it a bit bland, driving the Ford brings a smile to my face
In conclusion I suppose if it were possible I would prefer the more IMO badass look of the Dodge Challanger or Demon again having never driven one my comments are simply from a looks point of view.
You guys must also remember you have access to huge resource in the USA that we don’t have with many of our race enthusiasts and tuners only having exp with the smaller offering we see like Honda and Golf
V 8’s as a percentage of vehicles in SA is very small and with that so is the exp needed to sort them out handling and so on.

im going to see if I can get a K&n or BMC high flow filter to complete my modest tune
I’m still trying to get my head around the lose front end and am working with the links some forum members have posted
Going fwd I still intend to enjoy the car as it makes no sense to sell it having lost a good chunk in resale value I will just be mindful of what I choose to do at a robot when confronted with certain Hot hatches or the ever popular here the Porsche
Sponsored