5.4 stroker coyote ?

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Still no 5.4 though....
Lol
I am takin a break ...but I have been talking to Will@RPG about sending him my stock long block to sleeve /bore to a 5.2 .
Waiting to see how @Tiago G. likes his but may also end with a stroker crank /5.4
I am sure If I do , I can find some use for the stock crank .......

My builder in Michigan is not sold on the stroker ... but have a couple more builds with him in the pipe line .... already have the parts ... so I have something to look forward to while I am “Out of town”.

1. Complete Gen 3 long block I scored for cheap - just swapping Mahle “drop in “ pistons and H tuff rods / upgrade valve springs /head studs .

2. Also have all the parts for another voodoo long block . I really wanted to use a Gen 2 block but he had a very cheap brand new Gen 1 so that was the plan .

If I end up with the “extra “ crank (if Will builds that stroker ) I may still get a Gen 2 block for the second voodoo and use his Gen 1 to build a “spare “ non sleeved short for my KB car .

In case you are wondering why I need so many “spares” ... well a quick search of my posts will tell you .Too many cars for one, and nick name “coyote killer “ lol

I am planing to “downsize “ to just the 2 cars .. GT 350 and 18 GT and want to have at least 2 spare long blocks per car (especially the GT 350 - cause that one is “for life”)

if/ when I sell the other 2 , I will offer them with the “spare “ SB’s .
I already had one for the Hellion car and the one he just finished could be for the KB car(I would rather keep it for the 18 GT since it has the bosses for the 4 knock sensors ).

yeah . I am confused too .
lol
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
since ford are building 5.4l Coyotes for the Supercars championship any updates on this thread ?

horsepower addiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
s550
What kind of update? 5.4s have been being built since before this thread. You can build a 5.5 or 5.6 now​

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of update? 5.4s have been being built since before this thread. You can build a 5.5 or 5.6 now​
can you link an example os some specs for the block as what i'm seeing there are 5.4 stroker kits but nothing about machine work to the block ?

horsepower addiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
s550
can you link an example os some specs for the block as what i'm seeing there are 5.4 stroker kits but nothing about machine work to the block ?
There are companies like MMR ( I don’t know how good there kits are) that have stroker kits that go to 5.5 and 5.6.
Sponsored