Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
high fidelity is wasted on a car.
It’s also wasted on home audio, open air concerts, and any other venue that is not a recording studio or purpose built concert hall….but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t enjoy the best sound we can get for the environment we have.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
Emailed the local car stereo shop and they use Hertz speakers, anybody here use those? have several price points of speakers too. did a little research and the Cento line is recommended, they have a 6.5 inch door woofer C 165 for $200, then would still use the stock tweeter.
the other choices are less price but are 2 way speakers with tweeter built in, the Uno X 165 for $100 or the Dieci DCX 165 for $150
they also offer component systems that replace the separate tweeters and use crossovers, was not really planning on having the factory tweeters replaced though, too many choices lol.
if anybody has any advice i would appreciate it, still thinking it over.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you're spending too much money. Find a shop that will install what you bring.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Emailed the local car stereo shop and they use Hertz speakers, anybody here use those? have several price points of speakers too. did a little research and the Cento line is recommended, they have a 6.5 inch door woofer C 165 for $200, then would still use the stock tweeter.
the other choices are less price but are 2 way speakers with tweeter built in, the Uno X 165 for $100 or the Dieci DCX 165 for $150
they also offer component systems that replace the separate tweeters and use crossovers, was not really planning on having the factory tweeters replaced though, too many choices lol.
if anybody has any advice i would appreciate it, still thinking it over.
Hertz makes good speakers. I recommend swapping your tweeters too as the model lines are designed to compliment each other.
Keep in mind the majority of audio cost is the labor for installation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Hertz makes good speakers. I recommend swapping your tweeters too as the model lines are designed to compliment each other.
Keep in mind the majority of audio cost is the labor for installation.
thanks, so if I went with the Dieci 2 way speakers with the tweeter built in, would they just disconnect the factory tweeters? looks like those are the best 2 way speakers Hertz has, be less cost for installation that way too not having to replace the separate tweeters. they said they can also do some sound deadening on the doors.
did some calculating and to do the dieci component with separate tweeters and crossovers it is only $100 more than the dieci 2 way speakers with tweeter built in. think the component system sounds better? that is not much difference in cost.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It’s his money, his choice. In instances such as these it helps to be helpful or be silent.
I was simply pointing out that since the improvements are modest, that he can accomplish the same thing with cheaper units instead of padding the shop's profit margin.

Of course it's his money to burn how he sees fit. If a shop says "we only install what we sell" then it's time to think about walking.

Clearly he's VERY NEW at this. How am I not being helpful?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If a shop says "we only install what we sell" then it's time to think about walking.
Not necessarily. Some shops won’t warranty the parts they’re installing if they don’t sell them. I actually ran across that with some of my Steeda parts (that I ended up installing myself). The shop would warranty their install (and any of their parts that they used for install) but not the actual Steeda parts. I would assume that’s the case here as well.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
thanks, so if I went with the Dieci 2 way speakers with the tweeter built in, would they just disconnect the factory tweeters? looks like those are the best 2 way speakers Hertz has, be less cost for installation that way too not having to replace the separate tweeters. they said they can also do some sound deadening on the doors.
did some calculating and to do the dieci component with separate tweeters and crossovers it is only $100 more than the dieci 2 way speakers with tweeter built in. think the component system sounds better? that is not much difference in cost.
Having a coax in the door will mess up your imaging. You’d get better sound stage by having at a minimum the tweeters on the dash.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I was simply pointing out that since the improvements are modest, that he can accomplish the same thing with cheaper units instead of padding the shop's profit margin.

Of course it's his money to burn how he sees fit. If a shop says "we only install what we sell" then it's time to think about walking.

Clearly he's VERY NEW at this. How am I not being helpful?
Because you’re telling him what “not” to do instead of making recommendations on available options. It’s how you present your posts.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
$200 isn’t a terrible price either but is climbing towards the higher end. As I mentioned, I’ve been out of the audio game for a bit so I’m not totally up to speed as to the latest and greatest. Rockford Fosgate was big when I was doing this stuff in high school. Not super expensive but not the cheapest either. JBL, Kicker, Focal were (are) pretty good too.

I’m sure once you get new speakers in, you’ll want an amp and maybe (probably) a sub eventually too. Cuz, the rabbit hole 🤭

OP
OP
Mark23GT

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
$200 isn’t a terrible price either but is climbing towards the higher end. As I mentioned, I’ve been out of the audio game for a bit so I’m not totally up to speed as to the latest and greatest. Rockford Fosgate was big when I was doing this stuff in high school. Not super expensive but not the cheapest either. JBL, Kicker, Focal were (are) pretty good too.

I’m sure once you get new speakers in, you’ll want an amp and maybe (probably) a sub eventually too. Cuz, the rabbit hole 🤭
yeah I am going to do more research and think it over, it is not a lot of money but the stock system doesn't sound terrible either if you give it a good quality music app. plus I will probably be trading in 2 years or little less when my warranty is about up and probably get a S650 GT. wonder if they are still using the same speakers in the S650? probably so.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
yeah I am going to do more research and think it over, it is not a lot of money but the stock system doesn't sound terrible either if you give it a good quality music app. plus I will probably be trading in 2 years or little less when my warranty is about up and probably get a S650 GT. wonder if they are still using the same speakers in the S650? probably so.
You can bet your paycheck they do lol

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yep as Brian said, it’s dang near guaranteed they’re using the same (or same quality) speaker in S650.

I guess it all depends on how you want to spend your hard earned money. If you plan on trading the car in in a couple years, I wouldn’t go crazy on audio, you’ll never get it back at trade in time. If you plan to keep it a while, the world is your oyster when it comes to audio stuff. There’s a lot of good options out there
Sponsored