300A Door Speaker Upgrade

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You’ll never be at a concert where you ONLY hear sound in front of you. It’s physically impossible.
1,000%
Sponsored

joeyvaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I always find it odd when people say that not considering concerts have reverb and echo from walls and structure behind the crowds. Rear speakers can be tuned to mimic this effect. You’ll never be at a concert where you ONLY hear sound in front of you. It’s physically impossible.
What if it is an outdoor concert? Lol

Everyone has their preference. I prefer front stage only.

Not to mention that the front stage would also create that same echo/reverb in a car. Physics are physics. So if it occurs in an enclosed concert venue, it would do the same in an enclosed cabin of a car. I for one see no reason to put (2) 6.5" coax on the rear deck right above (2) 12" subs. I don't even bother with that. Now, if I don't have any subs, I would keep the rear speakers, but faded heavily to the front. Again, just my preference.

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
What if it is an outdoor concert? Lol

Everyone has their preference. I prefer front stage only.

Not to mention that the front stage would also create that same echo/reverb in a car. Physics are physics. So if it occurs in an enclosed concert venue, it would do the same in an enclosed cabin of a car. I for one see no reason to put (2) 6.5" coax on the rear deck right above (2) 12" subs. I don't even bother with that. Now, if I don't have any subs, I would keep the rear speakers, but faded heavily to the front. Again, just my preference.
Exactly, it is physics. Sound waves propagate over distance. In a car they have no time to reflect off the back of the cabin and give you the sense of rear fill.
An open air concert will still have the same effect as an inside one but with different delays. Only way to avoid that is to back yourself up to a cliff.
Of course it’s your preference, you can do whatever you want with your money. I just take issue with people saying silly things like “front stage only like a concert” which is a completely false thing to say.

joeyvaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Exactly, it is physics. Sound waves propagate over distance. In a car they have no time to reflect off the back of the cabin and give you the sense of rear fill.
An open air concert will still have the same effect as an inside one but with different delays. Only way to avoid that is to back yourself up to a cliff.
Of course it’s your preference, you can do whatever you want with your money. I just take issue with people saying silly things like “front stage only like a concert” which is a completely false thing to say.
Silly is your opinion, not everyone's...Plus you aren't addressing the fact that subwoofers will over power any coax speakers on a rear deck. So it's a waste of time and money (which isn't my concern) But like, I stated, to each their own.

joeyvaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Road King.jpg

Some may think this is silly LOL: My Road King Special with 6.5" in the front lowers, 8" in the tour pack, a 10" mid-bass in each bag, and 4 horns. All Hertz and power by Soundigital amps (3): 1200.1, 1200.4, and a 400.4 on the horns. All managed by a DD Audio DSP and running (2) Lithium batteries. And this is a modest system compared to the show bikes.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Silly is your opinion, not everyone's...Plus you aren't addressing the fact that subwoofers will over power any coax speakers on a rear deck. So it's a waste of time and money (which isn't my concern) But like, I stated, to each their own.
lol facts are so pesky that they are now “opinions”. I have two twelves in the trunk, and my rear fill is just fine. But, ya know….facts and physics.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And this is a modest system compared to the show bikes.
Just as long as we don't have to listen to your exhaust, we'll let that go.

So if .standing 13ft from your bike at 2 o clock and it's sitting on the side stand in a grassy flat parade ground with a rope line set 2.5ft above the ground, have you mapped out the fall off and frequency attenuation and time shift needed to provide that sound forward experience to the throngs passing by?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

So if .standing 13ft from your bike at 2 o clock and it's sitting on the side stand in a grassy flat parade ground with a rope line set 2.5ft above the ground, have you mapped out the fall off and frequency attenuation and time shift needed to provide that sound forward experience to the throngs passing by?
lol motorcycle audio is about the most futile effort. And I’m saying this as a rider. I gave about 30 seconds thought of upgrading my Indian Chieftain to a good system but they really only sound decent when sitting still. When I’m on the bike, I ain’t sitting still 🤣

joeyvaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Loud pipes and sound systems save lives. LOL

joeyvaz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
lol motorcycle audio is about the most futile effort. And I’m saying this as a rider. I gave about 30 seconds thought of upgrading my Indian Chieftain to a good system but they really only sound decent when sitting still. When I’m on the bike, I ain’t sitting still 🤣
Parking lot pimpin'. Lol

Sponsored

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
So I just did a complete stereo upgrade and I can tell you that you will hear the rear deck with an aftermarket setup. The stock amp is underpowered and the speakers aren't the best. When you swap all that crap out, the rear deck sounds fantastic. I put in speaker baffles to help with the high-volume subwoofer air pressure that can muddy the sound.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The stock amp is underpowered and the speakers aren't the best. When you swap all that crap out, the rear deck sounds fantastic
The 300a has no extra amp like the 9 setup. Exactly what did you do?