tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I’ve also seen some posts that indicate it’s hitting the frame on the passenger side. Might be something to check as well.
Whelp the header is definitely rubbing the steering shaft. I did use header wrap so maybe if I cut it off on that section it won’t rub. Either way it’s really close.

Gaskets also appear to be leaking smh. Would you mind linking these posts so I can include them in my detailed post?

I’ll check the frame rn
Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Whelp the header is definitely rubbing the steering shaft. I did use header wrap so maybe if I cut it off on that section it won’t rub. Either way it’s really close.

Gaskets also appear to be leaking smh. Would you mind linking these posts so I can include them in my detailed post?

I’ll check the frame rn
This thread has a lot of “buyer beware” posts for 2M.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/long-tube-headers-and-steering-column-shaft.149031/

Last edited:

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
I recently installed a set of headers in my garage on jack stands. It took about 10 hours over the course of two days and it sucked. I'd be pissed if they didn't fit and had to be removed and massaged or replaced. If you're in the market for catted headers on a budget, spend the extra $250 and get the Stainless Power, they fit perfect.

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
It’s literally impossible that these are made in the US at this price. They’re obv China clones sold by someone who will tell people what they want to hear.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
They are china dog shit. That's why my headers shipped to me from San Diego(Port city) NOT Idaho. Mine fit like absolute garbage hitting the body and steering shaft. Now I have LTH Headers and they were perfect.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
They are china dog shit. That's why my headers shipped to my from San Diego(Port city) NOT Idaho. Mine fit like absolute garbage hitting the body and steering shaft. Now I have LTH Headers and they were perfect.
Wow. Interesting. That's messed up that they claim they are made in the U.S. but then again I'm not surprised at that price point.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk

I’ll check the frame rn
Have you reached out to 2M at all about this? Wondering what they have to say.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Have you reached out to 2M at all about this? Wondering what they have to say.
Yes this was there response
”2015-2017 cars are notorious for the engine not being centered. Center the engine. Also, motor mounts break down and drop the engine, reducing the clearance. Vehicles with more than 30,000 miles should have new motor mounts installed to regain factory clearance. Finally, we highly recommend that header wrap is not used. It significantly decreases clearance in an already tight spot”

how tf do I center the engine lmao

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
”2015-2017 cars are notorious for the engine not being centered. Center the engine. Also, motor mounts break down and drop the engine, reducing the clearance. Vehicles with more than 30,000 miles should have new motor mounts installed to regain factory clearance. Finally, we highly recommend that header wrap is not used. It significantly decreases clearance in an already tight spot”

I mean the motor mounts are slotted and do allow for some side to side movement. However it didnt matter for me because my 2M trash was already touching the steering shaft and the body.

Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk

Well I hope you get it sorted out.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I mean the motor mounts are slotted and do allow for some side to side movement. However it didnt matter for me because my 2M trash was already touching the steering shaft and the body.
Like the actual motor mount or the motor mount bracket?

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
The aluminum motor mount brackets are slotted.
I must be confused cause all I see on my motor mount bracket is the holes for the bolts into the block and the hole for the engine mount stud. Don’t see how I could adjust it
Sponsored