Long Tube Headers

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I got a 2015 Mustang GT PP, Borla 2.5 inch Catback exhaust on my car right now. I have a 2018 Intake manifold sitting in the garage along with a 2018 K&N Cold air intake. I was looking at getting some Long Tube Headers before I get my tune. Install it all at one time. Tune one time. How much of my Borla exhaust will I be able to use. At what point do injectors need to start being upgraded?
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Injectors need to be upgraded if you use E85. Otherwise, you just need a tune for everything. Header logic is already built into the tunes, but like you said, I would do everything at once then data log with everything on for the most accurate results.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Injectors need to be upgraded if you use E85. Otherwise, you just need a tune for everything. Header logic is already built into the tunes, but like you said, I would do everything at once then data log with everything on for the most accurate results.
This. But if you do have access to e85 then that would be the way to go to kick it all up a notch.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I would start looking into upgrading your injectors once you want to add E85 or if you would like to go boost eventually. Hit me up if you have any questions, or would like to take advantage of our big Spring Sale happening right now. https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/springsale2020

Stephen

Jonah_Evans

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I got a 2015 Mustang GT PP, Borla 2.5 inch Catback exhaust on my car right now. I have a 2018 Intake manifold sitting in the garage along with a 2018 K&N Cold air intake. I was looking at getting some Long Tube Headers before I get my tune. Install it all at one time. Tune one time. How much of my Borla exhaust will I be able to use. At what point do injectors need to start being upgraded?
Did you ever buy LTH? I have the same 2.5 inch borla atak exhaust and I’m wondering what headers will work with it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever buy LTH? I have the same 2.5 inch borla atak exhaust and I’m wondering what headers will work with it?
Texas speed LTH for me. My buddy has the same exhaust with stainless works. Bother where good.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You can do headers if you really want but you are not going to notice anything

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Aside from sound - LTH's only offer gain if the vehicle is used for drag racing, road racing or auto-x where the vehicle is making high HP and maintaining a high speed/rpm. For daily driving, there's absolutely no gains at all except for the sound.

Many States that have mandatory emissions testing will also fail for LTH's because the headers don't meet original equipment guidelines (and don't come with a CARB certification). LTH's can be a real hassle if needing to pass State emissions testing.

I have LTH's on my 94 Cobra, but in NJ legislation was passed a few years back that any vehicle 1995 and older is totally inspection exempt (both safety and emissions). For me, it's all about the sound - being wrapped up in Mustangs for nearly 30 years now, I know there's no gain to be had on one that is not track dedicated and was used as a daily driver (or show car) - but the sound at idle, while driving going through the gears or WOTing is impressive.

If the car still needed to go through State inspection (emissions), I wouldn't have the LTH setup.

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
While the two people above me say the bad ima tell you the good.
They sound good.
It's awsome to say you have it because they are a pain in the ass to install.
Since the Epa Crack down they are harder to get and people who want them will pay a premium for them.
Sponsored