mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
I must be confused cause all I see on my motor mount bracket is the holes for the bolts into the block and the hole for the engine mount stud. Don’t see how I could adjust it
The hole for the stud is slotted for some left and right adjustment.
Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I must be confused cause all I see on my motor mount bracket is the holes for the bolts into the block and the hole for the engine mount stud. Don’t see how I could adjust it
On mine the hole the engine mount stud goes through is slotted so you have a little bit of side to side movement for the engine.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
On mine the hole the engine mount stud goes through is slotted so you have a little bit of side to side movement for the engine.
I wonder if I could get mine to move a little. I didn’t take the nut off and I can’t remember how big the stud hole is. Will have to try to move it later

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
So I moved the engine as gas as the engine mount brackets would allow. It’s a lot less rubbing but they are still touching. I think I’m going to dent it a little

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
So I moved the engine as gas as the engine mount brackets would allow. It’s a lot less rubbing but they are still touching. I think I’m going to dent it a little
You’re probably going to have to do that. Any word on the leaks?

Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
You’re probably going to have to do that. Any word on the leaks?
No I didn’t look. I’ll have a let better view tomorrow when I attempt to dent the header. I’ll see if I can’t tighten the bolts and clean the oil so I can keep track of it

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Update: new motor mounts solved my issue. The driver side motor mount was bad and was sagging a lot.

Wondering if I should just edit this thread or make a whole new one detailing the experience…

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Update: new motor mounts solved my issue. The driver side motor mount was bad and was sagging a lot.

Wondering if I should just edit this thread or make a whole new one detailing the experience…
Really?? Im shocked that would make that much of a difference. How many miles on your car?

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Really?? Im shocked that would make that much of a difference. How many miles on your car?
Ya the driver side motor mount failed. It still held the motor but was sagging and leaking.

Car gas about 102k miles

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I have updated the original post to include new information and will add a bit more later.

Sponsored

tanks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
So got mine installed today. Pain in the ass but doable. How is everyone getting by the check engine light. P0135

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
So got mine installed today. Pain in the ass but doable. How is everyone getting by the check engine light. P0135
From my research that’s a crank relearn code. Not sure why it is throwing that as you shouldn’t have had to touch the crank, flywheel, or trans.

Do you have an RTD? You can do the crank relearn procedure with hp tuners. Also did your tuner send you a tune for the headers?

tanks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
From my research that’s a crank relearn code. Not sure why it is throwing that as you shouldn’t have had to touch the crank, flywheel, or trans.

Do you have an RTD? You can do the crank relearn procedure with hp tuners. Also did your tuner send you a tune for the headers?

It's not crank relear it's the O2 sensor. Probably need to replace that one. I use Lund and have read they don't tune for headers.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Lund will do a revision for the headers but wont touch emission related CEL.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
It's not crank relear it's the O2 sensor. Probably need to replace that one. I use Lund and have read they don't tune for headers.
Oops accidentally googled P0315 lmao.

Is that O2 sensor using an extension? The extension could be faulty. Also try to see if you can check the voltage.

Tuners won’t do tunes that will mess with emissions checks. But they will tune your car so it runs properly with headers. Your cel is your car just saying that there is an issue with the O2. So if you put an extension it’s most likely the O2 extension is faulty. It’s very hard for me to believe you could have damaged the O2 or let moisture get into it while doing the install.
Sponsored