Sponsored

'22 with Whipple 3.0 questions

rin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP1 A10 w/ Stage 1 Whipple
Being a '22, would I need to worry about anything with this Whipple kit from RTR? I know the name says it fits the '22 but I know the MY had some "tweaks" done to it. I'm also curious because Roush has their own version of the 2650 for the '22s.

I'm also looking at Beefcake's Whipples too.

https://www.rtrvehicles.com/products/3-0-whipple-stage-1-supercharger-750hp-18-22

Wanted to add that I've been looking around and would it be safe to say the main supporting mod I need are OPG's with a 3.0L Whipple?
Sponsored

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
I don't think it really matters to be honest. Remember that Roush is one of those companies that works closely with Ford - so they're likely factoring in the "changes" that were made to the 22 over the 21... so not a whole lot.

Hopefully someone else can chime in and correct me if i'm wrong - as i plan to boost my 22 in the spring.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The Whipple and the Roush are ENTIRELY different superchargers, there are very few similarities between the two other than the fact that they are both PD blowers. The Whipple is a unit capable of much more power. As for the question at hand, call or email Terry at Beefcake. He'll know everything you need to know for you to make an informed decision on your model year and what you'll need.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
You really don't even need OPG's, there's plenty of threads discussing the pro's and cons of aftermarket OPG's now and Ford virtually resolved most issues on the later year models.

Depending on how much power you want to make, the whipple kit will be 100% comprehensive and everything you need (at stage 1 or lower/basic levels) and even comes with a whipple tool for calibration.

The only reason to get the Roush setup would be if you want some sort of dealer offered limited warranty afterward.

The Roush has inferior cooling, is less efficient and ultimately taps out for maximum potential much sooner than the whipple. In the 2 decades leading up to recently, roots blowers used to be cheaper, which is why they were a viable option, you save money but give up some of the higher end performance of the twin screw. Now, it seems like there's not much price difference between whipple and the roots offerings (Edelbrock, VMP, Roush, etc) so it really comes down to what you want to ultimately do with the car. If you just want a 750, safe and warrantied car that you're not going to beat like a rented mule with back to back rips or on a HPDE session, then the Roush is an option. If you want something with more potential, go with the whipple.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Whipple is CARB approved for the 22 and I do not believe the Roush is. Whipple works very close with ford as they already are working on a Gen 6 for the s650.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rin5.0

rin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP1 A10 w/ Stage 1 Whipple
The Whipple and the Roush are ENTIRELY different superchargers, there are very few similarities between the two other than the fact that they are both PD blowers. The Whipple is a unit capable of much more power. As for the question at hand, call or email Terry at Beefcake. He'll know everything you need to know for you to make an informed decision on your model year and what you'll need.
Thanks, will email him whenever I can.

You really don't even need OPG's, there's plenty of threads discussing the pro's and cons of aftermarket OPG's now and Ford virtually resolved most issues on the later year models.

Depending on how much power you want to make, the whipple kit will be 100% comprehensive and everything you need (at stage 1 or lower/basic levels) and even comes with a whipple tool for calibration.

The only reason to get the Roush setup would be if you want some sort of dealer offered limited warranty afterward.

The Roush has inferior cooling, is less efficient and ultimately taps out for maximum potential much sooner than the whipple. In the 2 decades leading up to recently, roots blowers used to be cheaper, which is why they were a viable option, you save money but give up some of the higher end performance of the twin screw. Now, it seems like there's not much price difference between whipple and the roots offerings (Edelbrock, VMP, Roush, etc) so it really comes down to what you want to ultimately do with the car. If you just want a 750, safe and warrantied car that you're not going to beat like a rented mule with back to back rips or on a HPDE session, then the Roush is an option. If you want something with more potential, go with the whipple.
Plan is a conservative street build at 750. Although, I have Roush almost completely off my list due to its inferior cooling as summers are way too hot here. Any differences in warranty between the two? I know Roush is best for warranty but the Whipple in RTR sites also lists a 3yr/36000mile warranty like that of Roush.

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
Whipple is a much better option than Roush. After Whipple, Edelbrock and VMP Odin are also both better options than Roush.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I am planning to go Whipple too. My only question is regarding the 3/36 warranty. Do you guys know if you do your own oil changes it could void the warranty if anything happens?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I am planning to go Whipple too. My only question is regarding the 3/36 warranty. Do you guys know if you do your own oil changes it could void the warranty if anything happens?
I'm not sure which warranty you're referencing.

If you alter the car by putting a blower on it, Ford has an easy reason to deny any powertrain related claims. The "warranties" you see offered for some are dealer warranties (not Ford Corporate) and they themselves can be pretty tricky. The warranty from Whipple is going to almost exclusively cover the whipple components (not the rest of the car should something nuke) and even then, I'm guessing that warranty claims and resolution through whipple is pretty rare/unicorn.

What I'm trying to say is that if you install a blower on the car, you're pretty much running the additional risk. You can have a dealership install the Roush and provide the supplemental warranty, but then it's very limited in that you have to keep it at the Roush calibration and not alter anything else on it (cooling mods, smaller pulleys, etc). I think there are SOME dealers that will install other power adders (like twin turbos and whipples) and offer a 3rd party dealer warranty, but they're pretty rare (Lebanon Ford comes to mind).

Honestly, if you're worried about warranty coverage, just have a dealer install a Roush and be done with it. Otherwise, you're pretty much accepting that unless it's completely and blatantly obvious malpractice for the installation or something so obvious for material failure, you're going to be on the hook. There's a zillion ways that anyone can weasel out of a warranty claim and even if you fight and win, your car is sitting broken down until it's resolved.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Being a '22, would I need to worry about anything with this Whipple kit from RTR? I know the name says it fits the '22 but I know the MY had some "tweaks" done to it. I'm also curious because Roush has their own version of the 2650 for the '22s.

I'm also looking at Beefcake's Whipples too.

https://www.rtrvehicles.com/products/3-0-whipple-stage-1-supercharger-750hp-18-22

Wanted to add that I've been looking around and would it be safe to say the main supporting mod I need are OPG's with a 3.0L Whipple?
There are no fitment issues with the 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, or even 23 kits as of current. We installed one on our '18 and albeit a prototype, can be installed on any of the Gen3 standard 5.0s. The production Whipple 3.0L will fit your car and can make some monster power. If you're looking for a stage 1 -2 kits, you should do oil pump gears as it is the cheapest insurance you'll find on a Coyote. The kits come otherwise ready to go with no other modifications needed (except, maybe, driver mod and a set of tires). Let us know if we can help you out, we'd love to earn your business.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I'm not sure which warranty you're referencing.

If you alter the car by putting a blower on it, Ford has an easy reason to deny any powertrain related claims. The "warranties" you see offered for some are dealer warranties (not Ford Corporate) and they themselves can be pretty tricky. The warranty from Whipple is going to almost exclusively cover the whipple components (not the rest of the car should something nuke) and even then, I'm guessing that warranty claims and resolution through whipple is pretty rare/unicorn.

What I'm trying to say is that if you install a blower on the car, you're pretty much running the additional risk. You can have a dealership install the Roush and provide the supplemental warranty, but then it's very limited in that you have to keep it at the Roush calibration and not alter anything else on it (cooling mods, smaller pulleys, etc). I think there are SOME dealers that will install other power adders (like twin turbos and whipples) and offer a 3rd party dealer warranty, but they're pretty rare (Lebanon Ford comes to mind).

Honestly, if you're worried about warranty coverage, just have a dealer install a Roush and be done with it. Otherwise, you're pretty much accepting that unless it's completely and blatantly obvious malpractice for the installation or something so obvious for material failure, you're going to be on the hook. There's a zillion ways that anyone can weasel out of a warranty claim and even if you fight and win, your car is sitting broken down until it's resolved.
Thanks for your feedback but you are mistaken, whipple offers warranty for your car for 3/36k for all of the cars drivetrain. It’s on their website.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Thanks for your feedback but you are mistaken, whipple offers warranty for your car for 3/36k for all of the cars drivetrain. It’s on their website.
Your LOLZ if you think they're going to warrant your broken driveshaft or your snapped axles or your fried MT82 or when the OPG's shatter or the ring lands crack off and it smokes the rest of the motor.

Show me a single person who's smoked anything in their power train and whipple has paid for it.

Ryan_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2013 GMC Sierra, 2015 Maserati Ghibli
skip the warranty and the Roush. Keep the power reasonable, don't drive silly, and the Whipple will be reliable. Id recommend if you can't afford to repair or replace any single drivetrain part keep your vehicle stock. Having that expectation will keep you out of a bind. Sub 700whp will live a long life. If you are a little more risk tolerant you can push 800+. Thats generally where you start seeing exponentially more trans and engine failures.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
skip the warranty and the Roush. Keep the power reasonable, don't drive silly, and the Whipple will be reliable. Id recommend if you can't afford to repair or replace any single drivetrain part keep your vehicle stock. Having that expectation will keep you out of a bind. Sub 700whp will live a long life. If you are a little more risk tolerant you can push 800+. Thats generally where you start seeing exponentially more trans and engine failures.
it’s not about affording or not, they offer a great warranty I would be stupid not to take it. Missing the point.

Ryan_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2013 GMC Sierra, 2015 Maserati Ghibli
it’s not about affording or not, they offer a great warranty I would be stupid not to take it. Missing the point.
That depends. It isnt a bad warranty. I would encourage you to read all of the terms carefully. Consider your future goals as its not going to cover items if you turn the power up further or do custom tuning. Consider what a dealership or CERTIFIED Whipple installer will charge you vs doing it yourself or some other more affordable (but compitent) installers will charge. It might be right for for you. I personally dont like warranties and go outside the bounds of coverage anyways. Just some things to consider. I will say Ive installed a lot of Whipple kits and there is very rarely a problem with the kits themselves. Things usually fail due to abuse, launching on sticky tires, improper maintenance, poor fuel, ect. Both the car and kits are very reliable when used within those parameters with the Whipple tune, proper custom tune and supplied boost levels.
Sponsored