2023 M1?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Lol @ everyone dumping on the s650 "leaked" photos, since they'll probably be singing its praises in a year or two. Hold on fellas, we haven't even seen the whole car without the camo yet :wink:
I don't need to see the whole car to say that front end is a down grade. It's not going to be much different than that with a different splitter on the front calling it a GT.
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I don't need to see the whole car to say that front end is a down grade. It's not going to be much different than that with a different splitter on the front calling it a GT.
I'm bookmarking this so I can revisit when your tune has changed :wink:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm bookmarking this so I can revisit when your tune has changed :wink:
Lol it’s going to be hard to change my mind on the interior, but to be honest I’m just an analog gauge type of person for this type of car. If I want cool bro-tictok videos and stuff I would drive my wife’s Acura (which is a great car just different style). I do realize also I’m perhaps in the minority

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Lol it’s going to be hard to change my mind on the interior, but to be honest I’m just an analog gauge type of person for this type of car. If I want cool bro-tictok videos and stuff I would drive my wife’s Acura (which is a great car just different style). I do realize also I’m perhaps in the minority
I'm a fan of analog as well. I wouldn't put a digital cluster in my current car; it wouldn't feel right. But I also remember people bitching about the iPhone not having a physical keyboard. Today it's very difficult to find a (smart)phone with a keyboard, and not many would use it. My point is humans are remarkably adaptable, and it's likely we'll adjust to the all digital dash (and the fresh new interior design) pretty well and the analog stuff will seem outdated. Heck, go look at an S197 interior. It looks like a relic of the past and it's not even that old 🤔

Sponsored

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm a fan of analog as well. I wouldn't put a digital cluster in my current car; it wouldn't feel right. But I also remember people bitching about the iPhone not having a physical keyboard. Today it's very difficult to find a (smart)phone with a keyboard, and not many would use it. My point is humans are remarkably adaptable, and it's likely we'll adjust to the all digital dash (and the fresh new interior design) pretty well and the analog stuff will seem outdated. Heck, go look at an S197 interior. It looks like a relic of the past and it's not even that old 🤔
100%

OP
OP
aham23

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Boss 302 def is the big rumor for the first special next gen stang.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'd bet not gonna happen. Maybe Boss 302 toward the end of the S650 run if and only if the environmental positions and resulting regulations allow. Not a bet I would make at this point.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
My favorite cars are my old ones, so analog wins every time for me. Analog gauges give you all the info you need, and nothing more. The gauges in my GT and the GT350 are as good as it gets in the S550, IMO.

I just find the digital clusters gimmicky. When I was considering ordering/buying a GT500, I went and looked at one just to see if the Recaros would work for me (they didn't); they let me fire it up, and when the cluster came to life I remember thinking, "man, I wish this was optional". I even went so far as to later drive a loaded EB just to see how I liked the cluster. While the ability to configure it is cool, it still left me cold. It wouldn't keep me from ordering a car, but if I want to play a video game I'll do so. To me it's fluff that doesn't improve performance whatsoever, and performance is why I buy these cars.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My favorite cars are my old ones, so analog wins every time for me. Analog gauges give you all the info you need, and nothing more. The gauges in my GT and the GT350 are as good as it gets in the S550, IMO.

I just find the digital clusters gimmicky. When I was considering ordering/buying a GT500, I went and looked at one just to see if the Recaros would work for me (they didn't); they let me fire it up, and when the cluster came to life I remember thinking, "man, I wish this was optional". I even went so far as to later drive a loaded EB just to see how I liked the cluster. While the ability to configure it is cool, it still left me cold. It wouldn't keep me from ordering a car, but if I want to play a video game I'll do so. To me it's fluff that doesn't improve performance whatsoever, and performance is why I buy these cars.
I felt like the analog gauges with the center digital was a good balance. Now that I have the full digital dash, I don't hate it, but I'm not crazy about it. I do appreciate the analog look.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Lol @ everyone dumping on the s650 "leaked" photos, since they'll probably be singing its praises in a year or two. Hold on fellas, we haven't even seen the whole car without the camo yet :wink:
It's true the whole car will surely look lovely and people will get used to the lights, they'll probably play with the rest of the car, the theme will be more boxy less rounded. But new/modern doesn't necessarily mean the older will get obsolete, S550 LED headlight look fantastic with tri-bars and work great at night too, taillights are again awesome (better looking in 2018+). Imo this is not the same as transition from S197 to S550. This is just replacing great with wannabe fancy. It's the trend, other brands do it too. The muscle car look will still be there and people will get used to it but let's face it, Mach 1 has the best looking fascia apart from Shelby's. Imo in exterior there's hardly anything that needs any changing, all the lines are just perfect, it's functional and just great. PP2 was great, this perfected it. You can bookmark it, I will not change my opinion 😁

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Well I'm betting another horsepower drop do to ever tightening emissions. And a PCM that's locked tighter than a virgin with her pissed off father holding a shotgun beside her.

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
@Zach@Granger

put me first on the list for the s650 boss special edition please. It will slide in nicely next to the Mach 1 because that isn’t going anywhere
You are very optimistic!

If S650 comes out in 2023, I predict a Mach1/Boss/Bullitt type car in 2024, and a high end GT500ish car in 2025. That seems to be the normal cadence.
Sponsored