Sponsored

Buying a 2023 M1 leftover Am I getting a fair price?

Unstable Vic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester XT Turbo
It’s a fighter jet gray 700a car with appearance package and a 10 speed automatic. MSRP is $61,885. Car has 8 miles on it and on there showroom floor. I offered $56,000 plus tax and plate transfer dmv fee and no dealer fee and they accepted. I pick it up in 4 days. Am I getting a good deal? and whom do I ask to register the car so I get my owners kit from Ford? Thank you for your help in advance. I’m 60 so this is a really big deal for me lol.
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Congrats, sounds like a decent deal to me. I was told that ford automatically gets the info to send you the owners kits.
BTW mine had a sticker of 63,7xx and I paid 63,000 for it and I was happy about the deal.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
People pay over sticker for cars and think they got a good deal. It’s very subjective. At the end of the day if you’re happy with the purchase and what you paid, it’s a good deal. Given that you made the offer they accepted, I’d assume this is true for you. Congrats on the new ride, you’ll love it!

Quik5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1; 88 LX 5.0; 86 GT
I'd be happy with that deal. Could you find one with some miles on it for a little less, probably, but there are not many brandy new, in the wrapper, S550 M1s left.

I picked up a 2022 in FJG with 350 miles on it last October (6 speed Tremec, 700A, Elite Package, Appearance Package, and Leather Recaro's) for $54K not including taxes, etc. Sticker on mine is $61,740. I'd say you got a solid deal.

Call Ford Performance to request your owner's kit once you take delivery and the sale is complete. My M1 is a second owner car for me, so no owner's kit for that one :( Another bonus for your purchase - owner's kit!

Enjoy and Congrats!

Sponsored

qwk93ta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 M6 & 2015 Hellcat A8 (10.83 @ 127)
I just bought a 24 GT m6 premium, recaros, mag ride, active exhaust and PP1. The sticker is $62,870 and I got it for $63,350 OTD shipped 300 miles to me. I bought a 22 Mach 1 m6 handling pack and regret selling it. I think you got a good deal, I could not find a new m6 Mach 1 handling pack.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I'd be happy with that deal. Could you find one with some miles on it for a little less, probably, but there are not many brandy new, in the wrapper, S550 M1s left.

I picked up a 2022 in FJG with 350 miles on it last October (6 speed Tremec, 700A, Elite Package, Appearance Package, and Leather Recaro's) for $54K not including taxes, etc. Sticker on mine is $61,740. I'd say you got a solid deal.

Call Ford Performance to request your owner's kit once you take delivery and the sale is complete. My M1 is a second owner car for me, so no owner's kit for that one :( Another bonus for your purchase - owner's kit!

Enjoy and Congrats!
I agree with calling FP to make sure you are on the list to get your welcome kit because sometimes dealers do not do their part of the job and/or the welcome kits may have things missing and may be backordered.

Last edited:

Quik5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1; 88 LX 5.0; 86 GT
FWIW, dealer I ordered my GT through has been sitting on this one for a while. Still brand new. I’ve talked to them a few times, advertised price is the lowest they’ll go. So, I don’t think you got a terrible deal. If you really want the car and you’re satisfied with the price, I wouldn’t sweat it.

https://www.hawkfordstcharles.com/i...mustang-mach-1-rwd-2dr-car-1fa6p8r03n5555354/
Wow.... They've been sitting on that 2022 for nearly a whole year. Looks like it was one of the last 2022's off the line based on the build date. Wonderful presentation of a brand new car....posts pictures with all the dirt on the plastic interior panels. Love how they turn over the floor mat, lol! Can't even put some plastic down over the floor mat. I bet when that car is delivered, they leave all the dirt on the back and just flip it over so the dirt is between the carpet and floormat, lol! Probably has been sitting outside for a year. Oh well, it's just a widget to them.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Wow.... They've been sitting on that 2022 for nearly a whole year. Looks like it was one of the last 2022's off the line based on the build date.
Yeah it’s really odd that they can’t seem to move it. They did tint the windows, not sure if that’s a detractor for folks.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
Even though it’s new, you won’t get the complimentary Track Attack session (valued at ~$2000) at the Charlotte Motor Speedway since they are replacing their s550 race car fleet with s650 cars and you are not a DH owner. So you might want to bring that to the dealer’s attention and maybe negotiate another $1000-$2000 discount.

Sponsored

SammieJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, N4871
I just attended the Mach Attack at Charlotte with my 2022 Mach 1. I didn’t take delivery until March of 2023 so they accommodated me without question. If this interests you, I would call them and request a class as soon as the car is in your possession. I tried to make my reservation when I had just the VIN before delivery, and they would not make a slot open for me. They are still running the 2021 Mach1’s, but you could see all the new DH’s in the garage being prepped. The folks there are great, so it would not be out of character for them to help you. And yea, the instructors are driving DH’s now. They did comment that even though the DH has a little more power, they felt the previous Mach 1 had better balance. Just an FYI.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Sounds like a great deal to me.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Close to nine years and your first message?! I'm impressed! :rockon:. :handsinair: I do think that is a record. :giggle:

Congrats on the purchase. I think you paid fair price. Some might have paid more for one of the last. Others might have worked the price down lower still. Too many variables to consider. Virtually every sale will be unique. Reads like both of you are happy, a good sign.

Agree with reaching out to Ford Performance on the welcome kit. IDK how long it will take for your purchase information to filter up, but it'd be nice to reach out as a hedge. Things like this, sometimes the dealers are helpful. Sometimes not. It could take some time to be received. Several of us waited months.

Once again, congratulations. :party:Be sure to post some pictures once received.

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Getting your full 3/36 - 5/60 & the owners kit is certainly a perk, vs buyin same yr car w/~1000mi on it, thats only has a ~1yr/2 left on the B2B warranty.

You did well negotiating, & it will be pretty exciting to drive that baby off the lot in a few days!