2019 GT

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I could have paid 4% under invoice...but the dealership that had the deal was 1100 miles away. Decided to get one that was 50 miles away, but paid 1500 over MSRP. That was after we "agreed" to split it with the dealer; they wanted 3k over.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Exactly. That made no sense at all. The Mach-E isn't stealing V8 real Mustang sales, nor bolstering them, really. I am not against the existence of the Mach-E. Just against calling it "Mustang."

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. That made no sense at all. The Mach-E isn't stealing V8 real Mustang sales, nor bolstering them, really. I am not against the existence of the Mach-E. Just against calling it "Mustang."
ive only seen one mach e in the wild, despite the dealer back when I was going a lot, selling every single one before they arrived.

OP
OP

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
Just be glad Ford made the Mustang-E...it helps keep their V8s alive. Ask Dodge (Stella) about it...Hellcat's days are numbered. I just hope we can get someone in office that backs down the EPA BS soon.
Agree on the name. To me, any EV should be called something related to electricity, like watts or amperage, or ohms.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
what would happen if someone seriously got in office and said lets abolish all EPA, (not trying to be political) but could the next president even have the power to?
yes. it is an executive agency and Prez == CEO. Congress will have a hissy fit, but just because they allocate funds doesn't mean the Executive branch must spend it. The Prez can fire every last person and lock the doors.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
ive only seen one mach e in the wild, despite the dealer back when I was going a lot, selling every single one before they arrived.
They have been around, you just don't really notice them. The only way I catch one is seeing the logo. Otherwise, it looks like a whatever.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Like I said in the previous thread that came up about this 10hp reduction - no one would even notice a loss of 10hp at all... You couid easily gain back 10hp by getting a better air filter media, and upgrading the exhaust...

Every Auto Manufacturer raises prices on their entire product line every-single-year... it's nothing new.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Like I said in the previous thread that came up about this 10hp reduction - no one would even notice a loss of 10hp at all... You couid easily gain back 10hp by getting a better air filter media, and upgrading the exhaust...

Every Auto Manufacturer raises prices on their entire product line every-single-year... it's nothing new.
Iā€˜d notice because Iā€™d know it was there. Or actually, wasnā€™t there. Just because you canā€™t feel it doesnā€™t mean it isnā€™t real!

And of course if you did all that stuff to a pre-22 youā€™d still be 10 HP up.

My hat is off to all you guys who are able to control your minds better than me. Itā€™d be all Iā€™d think about.

OP
OP

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
The point I was making is it's a double whammy negative hit now.....

Sponsored

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Been driving my 22 for 3 weeks now. Already put 1k miles on to get through the break in period. Honestly, I was concerned about the 10hp when I ordered but now every time I start it I sit with a grin on my face. Plus Iā€™m more concerned about this mt82 than the 10 hp šŸ˜‚

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Been driving my 22 for 3 weeks now. Already put 1k miles on to get through the break in period. Honestly, I was concerned about the 10hp when I ordered but now every time I start it I sit with a grin on my face. Plus Iā€™m more concerned about this mt82 than the 10 hp šŸ˜‚
honestly.. if you are driving enough to realize theres 10 hp more or less, you are breaking the law. Lol. the torque comes before the hp.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The EPA requires auto manufacturerā€™s fleets to average 40mpg by 2026. So, the addition of electric vehicles such as the Mach-E allows Ford to keep the V8 for the Mustang as the EVā€™s help bring that average mpg up. I believe that is what @joe603 was referring to.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Skip the bagel for breakfast and the weight savings will more than make up for the 10 HP.
Sponsored