Sponsored

2022 price increase/HP decrease

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Nah, I bet both are within driver error. No difference. :fistbump:
Uh, are you basing that on your feelings? It’s down to simple physics. Same weight+less power = slower acceleration. 10 hp loss is a 2.2% loss in power and thus, 2.2% less work done. Thus, slower acceleration.
Sure, there may be isolated races where the lower rated car wins (variances between cars), but on average, the 21s will come out ahead of the 22s if they are indeed down 10hp.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Le
Uh, are you basing that on your feelings? It’s down to simple physics. Same weight+less power = slower acceleration. 10 hp loss is a 2.2% loss in power and thus, 2.2% less work done. Thus, slower acceleration.
Sure, there may be isolated races where the lower rated car wins (variances between cars), but on average, the 21s will come out ahead of the 22s if they are indeed down 10hp.
I will let you ube decide. :cwl: :explode:

Ps. Actually I think it would be a good comparison. I don't think there would be any difference. Want to know why? Because I don't believe Ford has changed anything.
That's why a comparo is in order. Someone will do it sooner than later. On the dyno too.

If there is a difference, a good tuner will be able to find what Ford did to change it.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Please revise your numbers to take into account crank vs. wheel horsepower. 10HP at the crank is meaningless.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Le

I will let you ube decide. :cwl: :explode:

Ps. Actually I think it would be a good comparison. I don't think there would be any difference. Want to know why? Because I don't believe Ford has changed anything.
That's why a comparo is in order. Someone will do it sooner than later. On the dyno too.

If there is a difference, a good tuner will be able to find what Ford did to change it.
Obviously, if Ford didn't actually reduce power then there'd be no difference. But they are derating the engine power and torque, so they must have done something. As quoted earlier in this thread, the engine is recalibrated and there's a couple of hardware changes, so the loss is likely real and not imagined by Ford.

you're forgetting the torque curve probably makes up for it.
Eh, not at WOT. A 10 hp loss high in the rev range comes (obviously) with a loss in torque at the corresponding rpm. It's also losing 10 ft lbs of peak torque, so it probably won't be a more robust torque curve in the mid range either.

Please revise your numbers to take into account crank vs. wheel horsepower. 10HP at the crank is meaningless.
No, it's not meaningless, because the drivetrain loss is also typically a percent. But if it makes you feel better:

Assume a '21 dynos 410 rwhp, while the revised '22 now dynos 401 rwhp. Tada! 2.2% loss at the rear wheels. Same loss in work over time (power) as compared to crank hp; the math is the same either way.

Again, as stated earlier, that's about a quarter second difference in the 60-130 for a stock Mustang GT A10, and equal to about 1 mph loss in the 1/4 mile. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't willingly give up 1 mph in the 1/4 mile and not care at all about it. My ZL1 has 650 hp and I wouldn't want it to lose 10 hp for nothing.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Eh, not at WOT
going down the track yo don't sit at just 7200rpm, you use the entire sweep from 5 grand to 7200. If Peak HP is at 7000RPM the actual loss of torque there is 7.5.

4 months later and all kinds of videos and STILL we don't have a sweep graph?

But in the end it doesn't matter. Anybody who drag races doesn't run stock. And anyone running stock doesn't give a damn about something as irrelevant as drag racing.

My ZL1 has 650 hp
Does it though?

Nomex ON! :)

Last edited:

Airport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Oh boy, the prices of 2021 GT’s just went up! Dealers are going to read this and think they have gold.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh boy, the prices of 2021 GT’s just went up! Dealers are going to read this and think they have gold.
and reality will hit them like a bat across the face.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
fact is, which we can see from just this thread, it matters to some folks. dumb, but it matters so that 10 HP might just be worth a few extra bucks to "that guy" so of course dealers will take advantage of it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
2022s are going to sit on the lots and will be a little harder to sell used. :wink:

pvcooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible, 2020 GT500
As far as an EV vs ICVE; the EV might be faster as the battery is heavy and down low, however, the ICE feels like it has something other than a singer sewing machine powering it. Also, it may not be faster, but a controlled brake and squat while moving the rear end around a turn with the beautiful CFTP and it's predictability at the apex is exhilarating.

pvcooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible, 2020 GT500
OOPS wrong thread - sorry gettin used to posting.

stars_fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
21 GT PP1, 20 Tesla M3P & 21 Ducati SFV4S
Does it though?

Nomex ON! :)
On a good day if the temps are not too high. Even worse it’s only marginally faster in the 1320 than a Tesla Model 3 which is down 200hp and weighs more :shock:

Double Nomex on
Sponsored