2022 Factory HP Adjustable Camber Plates

adeuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Okay, it may be that I am a moron, or it could be that the Ford ecosystem is like Apple and Android for me, coming from decades in the BMW track ecosystem...

Anyway, can someone point me in the direction or show and explain how Ford expects these factory adjustable camber plates to be easily adjusted trackside?

It appears to me that the strut top mount hole is far too small, (enter Steeda hole saw), and the whole setup is not user friendly. (A track friend of mine had an '18 GT that had adjustable camber slots on the knuckle underneath.) That seemed more user friendly than this setup.

It appears to me that you'd need to drop the whole assembly to gain access to the retaining screws on the factory plates.

Am I tilting at windmills here, and should I just replace with Steeda plates or something else?

I'm looking for a reasonable amount of work to drive to the track on factory wheels and camber, switch to track wheels and tires, slam the camber, have some fun and reverse it all when done for the day.

I'm headed to Charlotte tomorrow for the Track Attack on Wednesday, and have a list of questions to ask the folks there as well.

Thanks!

Alan
Sponsored

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
To remove the factory set screws, you can jack up the corner just enough to allow the strut studs to lower down so you can move the strut around to access the set screws through the holes in the upper strut mount.

During track season, I set my front camber at -2.5deg and just leave it there.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
Read thru this post from the GT500 sub forum. It has a wealth of knowledge and some things Ford didn’t think through but the OG thread starter did. Also included is another thread that’s connected to the factory camber plates. Somewhere here on M6G is the instructions from Ford for removing the set screws for these plates. Hope this helps.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...-camber-plate-screw-pins.150085/#post-3467854
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2020-gt500-oem-camber-plates-base-handling-pkg.135155/
You will have to read through both posts to get the information you are interested in

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
They’re very crude camber plates. I have Steeda and an enlarged hole for more adjustment. If it hadn’t been for parts shortage I would’ve gotten Vorshlag plates.

Good luck getting accurate technical info at the track attack. Most of the staff knew very little about the cars. They’re there to teach you to drive.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I just picked up my M1 HP yesterday. My build was wrong in that I didn't order a premium but they put in leather Recaro's instead of the cloth ones. A friend that was with me has a GT350 and his adjustable strut mounts were sent separately from the car. I told him that was changed for the Mach 1's and GT500's. The problem is, neither of us knew what to look for to make sure they are actually on the car. Since they put the wrong seats in we were wondering if they built the rest of the car right :). Can you tell from these pics if the adjustable mounts are there?
mach1_camber_2.jpg

mach1_camber_1.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
adeuel

adeuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
So, my thinking at this point is either slam the OE plates and just leave them there for limited street driving, or change out to Vorshlag.

OP
OP
adeuel

adeuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I just picked up my M1 HP yesterday. My build was wrong in that I didn't order a premium but they put in leather Recaro's instead of the cloth ones. A friend that was with me has a GT350 and his adjustable strut mounts were sent separately from the car. I told him that was changed for the Mach 1's and GT500's. The problem is, neither of us knew what to look for to make sure they are actually on the car. Since they put the wrong seats in we were wondering if they built the rest of the car right :). Can you tell from these pics if the adjustable mounts are there?
mach1_camber_2.jpg

mach1_camber_1.jpg
need to look for the part number sticker slightly under the strut top hole.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
mach1_camber_2.jpg

mach1_camber_1.jpg
Those are the adjustable camber plates that come on the HP.

Leather Recaros are commonly put into 600A cloth Recaro seat Mach 1’s due to parts availability. It wasn’t a mistake but rather a purposeful substitution by Ford.

Dan2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Would anybody happen to know the part number for the camber plates?

Sponsored

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'll be honest, I'm pretty mystified by how you would do any camber adjustment trackside and know exactly what your camber it set at. I have the Steeda plates and it doesn't look like you can do it by eye. What am I missing?

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
In most cases if you are adjusting camber at the track, you'll adjust for max negative, regardless of the number. Unless the strut hole is enlarged, you'll probably not achieve enough negative camber with just standard camber plates.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can you tell from these pics if the adjustable mounts are there?
mach1_camber_2.jpg

mach1_camber_1.jpg
I know you have already had the confirmation you were looking for, but for future reference, or for others reading this :

The easiest way to identify the factory Ford camber plates, is by the pin that protrudes through the strut tower hole (that hole is normally vacant) :

1704958984228.jpeg

1704959018011.jpeg

WD :like:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I was going to say the same thing about the pin. Well put WD.

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
I'm with AZ_Ryan... how are folks setting camber trackside before and after a driving event?

I'm installing Steeda plates.
Sponsored