mellow yellow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
No recaros? For some reason I thought all euro Mach’s had them
Recaros are an option here, but I much prefer the standard seats (and wheels) to be honest!

The only thing I'm disappointed with so far is the hilariously tiny 'infotainment' screen,
which looks like something left over the 1990s...
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Recaros are an option here, but I much prefer the standard seats (and wheels) to be honest!

The only thing I'm disappointed with so far is the hilariously tiny 'infotainment' screen,
which looks like something left over the 1990s...
Really? Can only imagine what you'd think of the non-premium trim GTs and EBs, heh.

I think this screen is a pretty standard size for a car generation that was released 7.5 years ago (or really anything more than 2-3 years ago, that isn't a Tesla).

I'm no Luddite, and I appreciate a lot of tech updates (hell, Android Auto and Sync 3 was part of my motivation for upgrading from my '15 GT PP, if I'm being honest), but I'm not sure what you want a way bigger screen for in a car like this. Do you want it to replace any of the physical buttons?

Honest question, maybe there's something I'm missing.

Last edited:

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I see from the Highest Mach 1 Chassis Number thread that murik is about to take delivery
of his M1, so it looks like he may have the dubious honor of being the last person on this
thread to receive their car as I finally got mine last week
The other adept for this dubious honor was @Pichon, so pinging him now, to see where he stands (or sits 😎). Otherwise if everything will go well I might be able to close this thread this week!

Congratulations on your orange, reminds me again that all colors are great!
No recaros? For some reason I thought all euro Mach’s had them
Right! We are all born track drivers here in Europe, do not drive anything but stick and Recaros and limited slip differentials.
We also got CD players here in our Mach 1s, courtesy of Ford, so we could be rocking our vintage CD collections from 90s to complement our driving style 😂.

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1
Another dealer to avoid... Rodman Ford, Foxboro, MA (across from Gillette Stadium). Yellow Mach 1 listed for MSRP plus $36,500 ADM. 1st $100K Mach 1??
New 2021 Mustang Mach 1 | Rodman Ford

Best part... they show MSRP as $99,900 and their Rodman Price of $99,987. Maybe Rob Gronkowski sat in it???
WOW! I'm glad the UK dealers aren't allowed to do ADM. I do feel for you guys in the US in that regard. Is it a a case of they can literally add what they want?

mellow yellow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I think this screen is a pretty standard size for a car generation that was released 7.5 years ago (or really anything more than 2-3 years ago, that isn't a Tesla).
Full disclosure: I'm coming from a Tesla Model 3!

I knew the Mustang screen was small (I had a 2018 GT prior to the Tesla),
but the Tesla screen has spoilt me somewhat...

I'm no Luddite, and I appreciate a lot of tech updates (hell, Android Auto and Sync 3 was part of my motivation for upgrading from my '15 GT PP, if I'm being honest), but I'm not sure what you want a way bigger screen for in a car like this. Do you want it to replace any of the physical buttons?
Hell no! The lack of physical buttons was (one of) the things which frustrated me with the Tesla...

Honest question, maybe there's something I'm missing.
Having a large, crystal clear reversing camera image was one thing,
and I guess I got used to seeing a Sat Nav map for the entire surrounding
area so I can see all upcoming intersections rather than just a few hundred
yards around the car.

No doubt the next gen Mustang will go to the other extreme and have a
Mach-E style tablet screwed to the dashboard!!

Sponsored

davtpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Full disclosure: I'm coming from a Tesla Model 3!

I knew the Mustang screen was small (I had a 2018 GT prior to the Tesla),
but the Tesla screen has spoilt me somewhat...

Hell no! The lack of physical buttons was (one of) the things which frustrated me with the Tesla...

Having a large, crystal clear reversing camera image was one thing,
and I guess I got used to seeing a Sat Nav map for the entire surrounding
area so I can see all upcoming intersections rather than just a few hundred
yards around the car.

No doubt the next gen Mustang will go to the other extreme and have a
Mach-E style tablet screwed to the dashboard!!
That’s exactly why I chose not to gamble with a new generation model. A lot of the chatter is it being more geared for “younger” drivers and that’s simply not what I wanted.

Pichon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex Mustang 2015 GT, 2020 Explorer ST-Line,2021 TM3
The other adept for this dubious honor was @Pichon, so pinging him now, to see where he stands (or sits 😎). Otherwise if everything will go well I might be able to close this thread this week!

Congratulations on your orange, reminds me again that all colors are great!

Right! We are all born track drivers here in Europe, do not drive anything but stick and Recaros and limited slip differentials.
We also got CD players here in our Mach 1s, courtesy of Ford, so we could be rocking our vintage CD collections from 90s to complement our driving style 😂.
Still not able to see my precious in person (last week i was off for holidays, riding snow like a pig...), but i must take delivery wednesday afternoon. :rockon:

I still don't know which of us will be lucky enough to be the "winner" of our longest-wait-contest :cwl:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't want to create a new thread for my dumb question, but I want to ask... I should be fine putting 275-width front and 285-width rear tires on the Mach 1, right? (Without HP, so 9.5" and 10" width rims, respectively). Think I'll have any rubbing or tire bulging concerns?

I kind of wanted to do a square setup with 285s all around, but think that width would be pushing it up front.

Last edited:

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Don't want to create a new thread for my dumb question, but I want to ask... I should be fine putting 275-width front and 285-width rear tires on the Mach 1, right? (Without HP, so 9.5" and 10" width rims, respectively). Think I'll have any rubbing or tire bulging concerns?

I kind of wanted to do a square setup with 285s all around, but think that width would be pushing it up front.
I found this article very helpful. Thanks for @traxiii 's headsup

https://support.apexraceparts.com/h...5483093-S550-Mustang-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Today I took delivery of my Euro Mach 1 (FJG, Tremec, chassis #M5653). I was pretty nervous, because we had some gust winds the whole day (20-25 knots) and heavy showers, so even though the drive from the dealer to home was just 20 km, I was not very eager to leave 😁. Though eventually I had to so I did.

Then I spent some one and half hour in the parking lot at home, attaching the license plates (using the guide @Charlemagne gave me), by using 3M Dual lock adhesive tapes, which turned out surprisingly well, and I was quite pleased with the result.

During the drive home I also experienced the infamous strange sound when putting in the 2nd gear (1st, 3rd and 4th were fine, the higher ones I did not get the opportunity to test :wink:), but the gearbox was pretty stiff anyway, so I guess I am going to give it some more time and observation before drawing and conclusions.

When I decided to go for Mach 1, inspired by youtube vids which started to appear around January, February last year, I learned that all Mach 1s allocated to the Czech Republic (with the manual trans), were already sold, except one, which one dealer ordered to their showroom. I was lucky they ordered the color I would prefer and I was also lucky they ordered the magnetic wheels, which I would probably not order myself, but which I learned to appreciate as time passed. The only catch was they already had a potential buyer, who was deciding between already built Bullitt and this future built Mach 1. I got lucky the second time when the customer picked Bullitt.

The order for "my" Mach 1 they placed in January, and I got to it in the middle of March. The original build date was 4/12, which incidentally turned out later to be the first date Ford shut down the Flat Rock plant. Following months, as probably many others, I did not get any info, until the end of the year, when I learned that the car was built and shipped.

Pretty happy now.

IMG_20220217_121246.jpg

IMG_20220217_121301.jpg

And I beat @Pichon by half a day in our contest for the longest wait 😁

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Anderson Composite :rockon: (i have it since june 2021, the car arrived at dealership january 26 2022...:angry:)

I'm thinking of something carbon on the front, but don't currently know what...:crazy:
if you can be patient, which you apparently are based on the wait time :), anderson is coming out with mach 1 items for the front end at some point
Sponsored