Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I don't know if anyone else has heard of (or read) an article by the Wall Street Journal that reported Ford will be coming down hard on dealerships charging ADM's on new Ford vehicles. Ford stated that they are trying to build up the owner base on certain types of vehicles and will start to limiting (or cutting off completely) these vehicles to those dealerships that "buck" what Ford wants.

I am paraphrasing from the article, but it seems this is a "good thing".
If that's true, report that one above to Ford Corporate and see what happens. As it looks, they are advertising at MSRP until you get the bad news when you call. That's the crap they need to do something about. You shouldn't be allowed to advertise a fake price to get interest then jack it up 15k.
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
So this was my VIN of my canceled order: 1FA6P8R02M5552623

Can someone explain this?

New 2021 Ford Mustang For Sale | Macomb MI | Ford Dealer | STK: 11543 (russmilneford.com)
Once an order is accepted and confirmed by Ford, I don't think there is such a thing as "canceling" it (or if there is, the dealer is usually not interested in doing it). You can decide you don't want it anymore and place another one, but that order is still going to go through. The car will be made, and the dealer will get it. I think that is part of why dealers like Chapman and Granger are willing to give discounts to people on here even right now. When we change our mind and cancel/change an order, it's a free allocation of an extra car that Ford may not otherwise have given them that they can later sell to the highest bidder. It's a clever idea if so, and one I don't fault them for.

I know, for example, that when I changed my mind on my order (color from red to grabber yellow), my initial order was never canceled, the dealer got it, and it was listed on their site for a couple grand over MSRP, heh. I'm glad I did, it, too, because somehow my yellow Mach 1 was built sooner than the original red one was...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Once an order is accepted and confirmed by Ford, I don't think there is such a thing as "canceling" it. You can decide you don't want it anymore and place another one, but that order is still going to go through. The car will be made, and the dealer will get it. I think that is part of why dealers like Chapman and Granger are willing to give discounts to people on here even right now. When we change our mind and cancel/change an order, it's a free allocation of an extra car that Ford may not otherwise have given them that they can later sell to the highest bidder. It's a clever idea if so, and one I don't fault them for.

I know, for example, that when I changed my mind on my order (color from red to grabber yellow), my initial order was never canceled, the dealer got it, and it was listed on their site for a couple grand over MSRP, heh. I'm glad I did, it, too, because somehow my yellow Mach 1 was built sooner than the original red one was...
Right, I get that but I made a mistake and this VIN was actually posted on the car I bought but it turned out this wasn't the VIN. I checked my VIN on the one I ordered and it was not created. Ford definitely canceled the order on me. I did not say I didn't want it.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right, I get that but I made a mistake and this VIN was actually posted on the car I bought but it turned out this wasn't the VIN. I checked my VIN on the one I ordered and it was not created. Ford definitely canceled the order on me. I did not say I didn't want it.
Ah gotcha. I probably should have read more of the thread before presuming to know what you were talking about... 😅

Yeah, that's strange...

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Ah gotcha. I probably should have read more of the thread before presuming to know what you were talking about... 😅

Yeah, that's strange...
No worries. I got mad for no reason, lol.

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Once an order is accepted and confirmed by Ford, I don't think there is such a thing as "canceling" it (or if there is, the dealer is usually not interested in doing it). You can decide you don't want it anymore and place another one, but that order is still going to go through. The car will be made, and the dealer will get it. I think that is part of why dealers like Chapman and Granger are willing to give discounts to people on here even right now. When we change our mind and cancel/change an order, it's a free allocation of an extra car that Ford may not otherwise have given them that they can later sell to the highest bidder. It's a clever idea if so, and one I don't fault them for.

100% correct. at least these two dealers sell them at MSRP once on the lot. most dealers are making up any and all cars that hit their lot for sale. sucks.

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
How the hell did the manage to get a blue window sticker on what was a retail only order? That's kind of upsetting considering mine got canceled...

Nice options if you want the auto. I wonder if they will spring an ADM on you when you contact on pricing?
According to the window sticker, the car has been sitting on Imperial Ford's lot since around mid-October.

Imperial Ford is notorious for ridiculous ADMs, which is why this Mach 1 has been on their lot for so long. Currently $7k ADM on their website with a "Please Call" to get their actual price. When you call for info, the ADM jumps even higher because of "recent interest in this car."

Looking at their inventory, they have 6 Mach 1's with $7 to $10k ADMs. One of the Mach 1's was built Jan 2021 and still has not sold.

I live 1.5 hrs away and would never buy anything from them.

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Exactly why people hate dealing with car dealerships.
Another dealer to avoid... Rodman Ford, Foxboro, MA (across from Gillette Stadium). Yellow Mach 1 listed for MSRP plus $36,500 ADM. 1st $100K Mach 1??
New 2021 Mustang Mach 1 | Rodman Ford

Best part... they show MSRP as $99,900 and their Rodman Price of $99,987. Maybe Rob Gronkowski sat in it???

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY CAR ARRIVES TOMORROW MORNING!!!

Question... is it customary to tip the driver in these situations? If so, how much is typical?

Sponsored

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
MY CAR ARRIVES TOMORROW MORNING!!!

Question... is it customary to tip the driver in these situations? If so, how much is typical?
Depends on how well he treated the car. Any scruff marks etc? I gave mine $100 based on a $2000 fee. He covered the car in plastic and when he learned it was my first Ford, showed me some of the functions of the car.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on how well he treated the car. Any scruff marks etc? I gave mine $100 based on a $2000 fee. He covered the car in plastic and when he learned it was my first Ford, showed me some of the functions of the car.
Thanks for the tip! I basically gave exactly the same amount, proportionally. I gave $90 on a ~$1800 delivery, hah. But not because I was trying to make it an exact science, that was just how much cash I had on hand 😅

... BUT SHE'S HERE!!!

qiJpzCa.jpg
X5v1fO8.jpg
yAhsppS.jpg
d5IGD1x.jpg

I'm only about 20 miles deep, but I friggin love this car... It's everything I loved about my 2015 GT PP with nothing I didn't.

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Thanks for the tip! I basically gave exactly the same amount, proportionally. I gave $90 on a ~$1800 delivery, hah. But not because I was trying to make it an exact science, that was just how much cash I had on hand 😅

... BUT SHE'S HERE!!!

qiJpzCa.jpg
X5v1fO8.jpg
yAhsppS.jpg
d5IGD1x.jpg

I'm only about 20 miles deep, but I friggin love this car... It's everything I loved about my 2015 GT PP with nothing I didn't.
Nice. Enjoy the car! Looks like driver also plastic covered your car

mellow yellow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Looks like I’ll be bookending this thread....
No, you won't. I know about at least two members who are waiting on theirs (I am one of them). My order, confirmed on the 26th of Januray 2021 might arrive at the beginning of February, so one year later. And I believe it may actually be similar for other foreign orders.
I see from the Highest Mach 1 Chassis Number thread that murik is about to take delivery
of his M1, so it looks like he may have the dubious honor of being the last person on this
thread to receive their car as I finally got mine last week:
M1Bolton33.jpg

Unfortunately the weather here in the UK is pretty awful at the moment,
so I won't have a chance to give it a 'spirited' run out until next weekend,
but I'm just glad to finally have it sat on my driveway!

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I see from the Highest Mach 1 Chassis Number thread that murik is about to take delivery
of his M1, so it looks like he may have the dubious honor of being the last person on this
thread to receive their car as I finally got mine last week:
M1Bolton33.jpg

Unfortunately the weather here in the UK is pretty awful at the moment,
so I won't have a chance to give it a 'spirited' run out until next weekend,
but I'm just glad to finally have it sat on my driveway!
No recaros? For some reason I thought all euro Mach’s had them
Sponsored