2021 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I have been 'chip-shortaged', to coin a new verb. Got word today that my order has been cancelled. In my case, rather than queueing up a 2022 order, I decided to pull the trigger on my runner up, a Camaro 2SS 1LE, which is actually more performant than the Mach 1, though the driving dynamics are not quite as good. Given that this is my last gasoline powered car (at the very least, last stick-shift V8) and supply chain issues might linger in 2022, I felt like exercising the power of now was the right decision (wink). Best of luck to all of you who are still in the queue!

2021 Camaro Side Shot.jpg
That's probably #2 (or 1A) on a lot of peoples' lists, mine included. Congrats!
Sponsored

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
I have been 'chip-shortaged', to coin a new verb. Got word today that my order has been cancelled. In my case, rather than queueing up a 2022 order, I decided to pull the trigger on my runner up, a Camaro 2SS 1LE, which is actually more performant than the Mach 1, though the driving dynamics are not quite as good. Given that this is my last gasoline powered car (at the very least, last stick-shift V8) and supply chain issues might linger in 2022, I felt like exercising the power of now was the right decision (wink). Best of luck to all of you who are still in the queue!

2021 Camaro Side Shot.jpg
Did you already have a VIN? And congrats! Be sure to look closely before changing lanes, I’ve heard the Camaros lack some visibility 😉

rbenedetti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RAV
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator, Ford Explorer
Did you already have a VIN? And congrats! Be sure to look closely before changing lanes, I’ve heard the Camaros lack some visibility 😉
No. I did not have a VIN. Just got the order confirmation email, then nothing for a month, then the cancellation notice. Yes... You are correct... The Camaro is something of a man cave. I had one in the past, and got used to it. Just need to max the seat height and stretch the neck ;-)

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Yes sir. 700A, HP. I dreamed too big, and was subsequently crushed :-/
sorry to hear that mate. At least you did get a good performer car in it's stead.

I am hoping I did not wait too late to reach for the loaded car as well.

PBM457

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paxton
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford F-250 Tremor , Mach 1 #2510
My order went in 6-14 waiting for production.
Drove into the local Dodge dealer last saturday.
2021 Scat pak wide body black on black. Just for grins Wife and i sat in it and she loved it. Like really loved it.
I am not going to buy it but that's a nice package for 8 grand less cash. Maybe someday my Mach 1 HP FJG. I am patient!
They are nice, just not as nice overall as the mach 1. I traded my scatpak wide body in on a mach 1. I am happy to say I don’t miss the challenger.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
They are nice, just not as nice overall as the mach 1. I traded my scatpak wide body in on a mach 1. I am happy to say I don’t miss the challenger.
My wife and I drove a Scat Pack and a GT350 back-to-back and she said the Challenger felt like a fast garbage truck LOL!

rosco61

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chas
Vehicle(s)
19 Ram Laramie 19 Jeep Sahara 2015 HD Road King
The Challenger is one good looking car. I am 60 so that shape was iconic for me growing up.
I was maybe 18 or so and Two brothers in town had 340 AAR cuda's. I was young but they had real presence and left a lifelong impression seared into my brain. Same with the Camaro's and Chevlles. But those Cuda's were something else.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
The Challenger is one good looking car. I am 60 so that shape was iconic for me growing up.
I was maybe 18 or so and Two brothers in town had 340 AAR cuda's. I was young but they had real presence and left a lifelong impression seared into my brain. Same with the Camaro's and Chevlles. But those Cuda's were something else.
The front end on the new (2018+?) Challengers is just drop dead gorgeous. I love the circumferentially illuminated air intake. If I could get a good artsy picture of that like this I might frame it for my garage:

1631251254221.png

That being said, I've wanted a mustang for ages, and at my price point I would be looking at the widebody R/T scat pack versus the Mach, the widebody Hellcat being just out of what I want to spend.

I'm rambling but I really should go test drive a R/T scat pack and get it out of my system, I just hate dealing with salespeople. Coming from my Miata I know the handling would drive me bonkers in a bad way. If the Mach handles at all like the GT350 I test drove I will be very happy.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The front end on the new (2018+?) Challengers is just drop dead gorgeous. I love the circumferentially illuminated air intake. If I could get a good artsy picture of that like this I might frame it for my garage:

1631251254221.png

That being said, I've wanted a mustang for ages, and at my price point I would be looking at the widebody R/T scat pack versus the Mach, the widebody Hellcat being just out of what I want to spend.

I'm rambling but I really should go test drive a R/T scat pack and get it out of my system, I just hate dealing with salespeople. Coming from my Miata I know the handling would drive me bonkers in a bad way. If the Mach handles at all like the GT350 I test drove I will be very happy.
The Challenger has its own positives that the Mustang cannot match and vice versa. Different cars that just happen to be associated by history and little else.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
BUILD MINE FIRST!!! :crazy:

Just kidding, I m getting weary at this point.
11/5 build week. From a 7/26 confirmed order.
I just got pushed back again to 11/15 build week. (per Ford performance call).

Sponsored

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Chal is a good looking car, no doubt, but as I heard a reviewer state once, "It's a big fat pig" :crackup: . It always amazes me when I pull up beside one that it's almost as tall, and even wider than my SQ5. And while I've never driven one, I understand that while ride is good, it doesn't have good dynamics. And while Camaro has the dynamics, the visibility is horrible and interior is the worst of the 3. True story, until about 6 weeks ago I really didn't want a Mustang either (I'm a badge snob LOL), but once hubby got me to go test drive one and see how nice the interior is, I was sold. Chal and Camaro interiors are not nearly as nice. I'm a person who likes for the interior to reflect the exterior, that's where we spend most of our time when we're with our vehicles. Anyway, just my 2 cents...

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
I'm a person who likes for the interior to reflect the exterior, that's where we spend most of our time when we're with our vehicles. Anyway, just my 2 cents...
what're you talking about? I spend most of my time staring at the car. My coworkers think I am bonkers buying a car this expensive to probably not drive it for the first 6 months I have it.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
what're you talking about? I spend most of my time staring at the car. My coworkers think I am bonkers buying a car this expensive to probably not drive it for the first 6 months I have it.
I know the feeling.