Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
So someone over on the Bronco forum who claims to be in the know was saying that the premium option will have a 10" screen as opposed to the 8" that's been seen in prototypes. I went down and measured the housing in my car and it would just about fit a 10" screen perfectly with only minor retooling to the current center stack design. So if I was a gambling man... I'd say we'll be getting the same
Perhaps I need to start perusing the Bronco forum.....thanks for the heads up. I take it they were referring to the Mustang premium option getting the 10" screen? (as opposed to the Bronco premium (if there is such a thing!) :)
Sponsored

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
Perhaps I need to start perusing the Bronco forum.....thanks for the heads up. I take it they were referring to the Mustang premium option getting the 10" screen? (as opposed to the Bronco premium (if there is such a thing!) :)
They were referring to a premium/optional trim level for Bronco. I'm just connecting the dots that it would make business sense to see the 8" Base/10" Premium carry over, since we know Mustang will be getting Sync 4, they wouldn't possibly let their flagship have the smallest screen in the range.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
They were referring to a premium/optional trim level for Bronco. I'm just connecting the dots that it would make business sense to see the 8" Base/10" Premium carry over, since we know Mustang will be getting Sync 4, they wouldn't possibly let their flagship have the smallest screen in the range.
Thank you, I managed to find the post in question. I agree, if there's a 10" in the Bronco it makes sense one is optional in the Mustang. I certainly hope so, anyway. Get rid of the current 4" in the base and replace that with the 8", then make the 10" available with the Premium trim :like:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Despite knowing better (these are strange days we're living in and we can't really predict anything anymore!)......I'd gotten my hopes up that we might see some '21MY news today. Seems that's not going to happen though. We've had our "official" news from Ford today stating, once again, that Mustang leads the way in sports car sales.

However, here's an insight into the sort of timescale we may be looking at.

The article relate primarily to Bronco, but this paragraph relates to all Ford's planned releases this year:

"Ford spokesman Jiyan Cadiz said the company will have more details to share on reveals for new vehicles "once we have safely brought our factories and facilities back online."

Presumably, that means we won't have more information until the lockdown phase of the pandemic response has passed. Ford seems to be optimistic that it'll be back in operation before the end of spring"

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...Vk4YpvCbnXn6li6A_BEu8tNEbRLomLoacqOgSodT5N5tk

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I don't understand why Ford cannot get a few pictures together and write a press release for the vehicles while employees are at home. You would think that would be pretty easy. Build hype after the lockdown is over (especially considering quite a few people will not be buying cars for the foreseeable future). Instead, Ford seems insistent on having these extravagant vehicle launch events that does very little IMO towards building hype. For the Bronco, release it online and invite a select few youtubers to drive the prototypes offroad after some restrictions are lifted. That would get you more fan fare then the launch event they were likely planning and can still be done during these times. Same for the new Mach 1/MY21 Mustang except invite them to a track.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Or even, in the case of the Mustang, just give us a damn teaser.

Was the Mach 1 VIN document "leaked" by them? Possibly. But a shadowy image of the new '21MY front end would at least start to rank the excitement up a notch :like:

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
Or even, in the case of the Mustang, just give us a damn teaser.

Was the Mach 1 VIN document "leaked" by them? Possibly. But a shadowy image of the new '21MY front end would at least start to rank the excitement up a notch :like:
The only reasonable explanation I can think of for delaying so much is they don't want to step on the toes of the current deals they are offering to move cars. Given the state of things and their share price, they probably want to move cars now, rather than worry about building excitement for later. Just playing Devil's business advocate.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
But a shadowy image of the new '21MY front end would at least start to rank the excitement up a notch
Just hold a photo-shoot of the car in it's full glory, but place one or two of Kilo's stable of models in strategic locations to 'cover up', er visually block certain design elements.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The only reasonable explanation I can think of for delaying so much is they don't want to step on the toes of the current deals they are offering to move cars. Given the state of things and their share price, they probably want to move cars now, rather than worry about building excitement for later. Just playing Devil's business advocate.
That's actually a fair point. Either way, I just need to be patient........something I'm not good at when it comes to Mustangs :giggle:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Possibly but the "incentives" that are out right now are actually quite bad when you start looking into them. First off, the 0% for 84 is for MY19s only. It's pretty late in the game to still have plentiful new MY19s on the lot. Secondly, the restriction is still there that other incentives cannot be combined with the 0%. So that advertised price that's 10k lower then MSRP vanishes if you want 0%.

To top it all off, dealerships are far from desperate to sell right now. They have insurance for times like this so they have no extra incentive to complete a sale right now. They might even have less. So if Ford wants to start moving cars, they are going to have to do ALOT better.

Sponsored

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
Possibly but the "incentives" that are out right now are actually quite bad when you start looking into them. First off, the 0% for 84 is for MY19s only. It's pretty late in the game to still have plentiful new MY19s on the lot. Secondly, the restriction is still there that other incentives cannot be combined with the 0%. So that advertised price that's 10k lower then MSRP vanishes if you want 0%.

To top it all off, dealerships are far from desperate to sell right now. They have insurance for times like this so they have no extra incentive to complete a sale right now. They might even have less. So if Ford wants to start moving cars, they are going to have to do ALOT better.
You are correct, but I think we all know the common consumer does not remotely go this in depth when it comes to analyzing a deal. They see: New Car, 0%, 84 months. and nothing beyond that. Its an incentive setup that will fool probably 85% of automotive buyers into purchasing without looking deeper.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I can't lie, a $56k Bullitt for under $40k is very tempting. That's a lot of car for not very much and the dark highland green is a nice color.

I'd really like a 10-speed though, preferably a Mach 1.

B0N35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963-1/2 Falcon HT
First off, the 0% for 84 is for MY19s only... So that advertised price that's 10k lower then MSRP vanishes if you want 0%.
Depends... the 2019 model restriction was the original March deal, if you look again, it's now 'select' 2019/2020/2021, and some areas have Bullitts eligible. And, as I understand it, the $1500 "Built to lend a hand" incentive is what's applied to 'cancel out' the first three payments. So yeah, you can get some good deals on new 2020s. Also, in my area dealers are knocking off a fair amount as a 'dealer discount'.

Currently looking at a 2020 premium PP2, with active exhaust and B&O with 0/84 for $44k on a $51.3k sticker.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Could the two different motor VIN designations be one for Manual Trans, and one for an Auto Trans? The Auto seems to be able to take more power than the current Manual 6 Speed...

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Depends... the 2019 model restriction was the original March deal, if you look again, it's now 'select' 2019/2020/2021, and some areas have Bullitts eligible. And, as I understand it, the $1500 "Built to lend a hand" incentive is what's applied to 'cancel out' the first three payments. So yeah, you can get some good deals on new 2020s. Also, in my area dealers are knocking off a fair amount as a 'dealer discount'.

Currently looking at a 2020 premium PP2, with active exhaust and B&O with 0/84 for $44k on a $51.3k sticker.
It is most likely region based. Here in Maryland they are so far adhering to the 19 only and no additional incentives. The point I am trying to make here is that auto manufactures need to wake up to the reality that overnight the economy went from doing good to recession/depression levels and will likely stay here for some time. The half a** "incentives" that might have provided a bump in sales in pre lockdown economy are not going to cut it going forward. If they can't adapt they will be in for a really rough road ahead. So far Ford is not giving me confidence that they can adapt through both the incentives and delayed vehicle launches.
Sponsored