Sponsored

2021MY Mustang Facelift spied again?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The current Bullitt/PP1 tires exacerbate the under-steer characteristic of the front-engined Mustang. I like neutral to over-steer handling,
right but the factory cares about liability WRT the typical incompetent driver. QED they design for deliberate understeer. The front wheels are 9.5 wide are they not? So slap some 275's on there. And sell the 255 to some ignoramus who doesn't know any better. Net cost 250'ish per wheel? You're buying a 50,000 car, 500 or even 1000 dollars is 1-2% of purchase price. Chump change. And anyhow tires are consumables.
Sponsored

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you drive your Cup2s on the street at all?
yes, and the gravel truck/cement mixer riding around in my trunk is annoying as hell. If you don't have stone guards you will quickly regret it. You're in NOVA, I can demonstrate it to you personally if you like.

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
all this better be functional as well otherwise it will look like a joke
Well, if it is a Euro-spec Mach 1, it will all be functional. The revised front end is necessary for the coolers, and even the rear diffuser is designed to aid the diff cooler.

If it's "just" a revised GT, then the changes will be purely for cosmetic reasons. And I guess cosmetic is a function of sorts ;)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How would you know if they just put blanking panels in like BMW, Infinity, Audi and all the rest do? Or maybe they leave the functional grill in place but the air just dumps into a useless hole (no Mach1 oil/trans coolers). So what? Nobody will notice. Nobody cares.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have them on my MX-5 the grip on dry surface is great on regular roads but on the track the type of heat you get in them is when they shine and they become crazy grippy.
With regards to the debris I am not that botherd as my car has PPF film.

If I would get a HP Mach 1 it would most def. get the same treatment from mile 1

During rain though Cup 2s are not recomended

I'd love to get the handling pack with the Cup2 tires, but I hear they are not street friendly picking up every bit of debris. Do you drive your Cup2s on the street at all?

That, and I want an automatic, so that kills the mach 1 handling pack for me.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I am not going to worry about the details until more is posted. I do wonder about the dual exhaust in the pictures when, as I understand it, the V8s all have quad exhaust.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I do wonder about the dual exhaust in the pictures when, as I understand it, the V8s all have quad exhaust.
For some reason, a number of the test V8 2018+ prototypes have always sported these dual tips, even when the production cars have quads. Not sure if these tips are specific to exhaust testing, but there must be a reason. Fear not though, the GT will keep its quad tips in production :like:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I am not going to worry about the details until more is posted. I do wonder about the dual exhaust in the pictures when, as I understand it, the V8s all have quad exhaust.
These are just the exhaust for the PEMS system (Portable emissions measurement system). You see it on all prototypes that are used for emission tests.

You do realize that most of the Mustang grilles are fake right now? The big upper and lower grilles are blocked for a big part, the triangles on the 18+ models are blocked too on most specs.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nomic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Patrol, CBR1000rr and ordering a 20** GT
Really wish more spy shots started to pop up, sitting here waiting to order but holding out for a possible revised/refreshed model in 2021 is the equivalent to sitting a kid down with a marshmallow on a plate saying 'Don't eat it and you get two in an hour...'

:computerrage:

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I honestly don't think the EB/GT is getting a refresh for '21MY.............I reckon all the prototypes spotted were Mach 1s.

Nomic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Patrol, CBR1000rr and ordering a 20** GT
I honestly don't think the EB/GT is getting a refresh for '21MY.............I reckon all the prototypes spotted were Mach 1s.
If it does, great, if not then at least the new colours will be available for order. Hoping it does though, I'd settle for sync 4.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
All of the spied cars were based on Bullitts or PP2s, which makes sense for the Mach 1 and Mach 1 with Handling Package.BUT there was one spied car in red with base wheels. It does not fit all the other spied prototypes. You can see that the car was tested alongside a Bullitt based prototype. So I have still my hopes up for 2nd refresh

I think it also would be strange if they really will wait for S650 for SYNC4

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
All of the spied cars were based on Bullitts or PP2s, which makes sense for the Mach 1 and Mach 1 with Handling Package.BUT there was one spied car in red with base wheels. It does not fit all the other spied prototypes. You can see that the car was tested alongside a Bullitt based prototype. So I have still my hopes up for 2nd refresh.

I think it also would be strange if they really will wait for S650 for SYNC4
Good point, I'd forgotten that particular prototype.

Well, I've gone from confidently looking forward to the '21MY refresh to resigning myself to the fact its not happening..................so if it does happen, I'll be pleasantly surprised :)
Sponsored