Sponsored

2021 Mustang Refresh Spied!

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Lincoln center caps? Are they just messing with us or hinting?
It's got the Continental AWD 3.0 TT in it, this is their way of letting us know. :wink: :)
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
It's got the Continental AWD 3.0 TT in it, this is their way of letting us know. :wink: :)
On a serious note, is there any chance they would be making a Mustang based sports car for the Lincoln lineup? Something to appeal to more upscale buyers that may want say a "poor mans" Aston Martin but not a Jag?

If like the rumors are true that the F and E lines will stay Ford but the SUV/car lines will be split between "mustang" and Lincoln this could be a possibility. I don't personally see it likely though.

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2019 Mustang GT - 2013 XR6 Turbo - 2017 i30 SR-P.
Wonder if the MY21 Mustang will actually start production in 2021 due to the delays?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Wonder if the MY21 Mustang will actually start production in 2021 due to the delays?
I wouldn't think it'll be that late. New model year production is usually Sept/Oct time, so as long as Flat Rock is back in operation by then, things should still fall into place. Of course, if this pandemic isn't easing by then, well, anything is possible.

LowKey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2019 Mustang GT - 2013 XR6 Turbo - 2017 i30 SR-P.
All depends how much retooling they're going to be doing, parts delays from suppliers etc given that China supply some of the parts, and allowable working conditions at the time. Going to be interesting.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
All depends how much retooling they're going to be doing, parts delays from suppliers etc given that China supply some of the parts, and allowable working conditions at the time. Going to be interesting.
Parts supply is a good point. Re-tooling, I wouldn't expect too much as the sheet metal won't be changing......just the bumpers......although I believe those are pressed onsite.

I'm sure they'll do the analysis and the most efficient way of restarting will be undertaken. If......IF there's a requirement for any significant downtime between the '20 and '21MY cars, I suspect they'd choose to take the downtime before restarting the lines...........rather than restarting and then having to take another week's downtime in a few months time for the changeover. I'm sure there are 1000s of variables that need to be taken into consideration though :)

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Just a thought... with everything going on and if this continues for some time - would they skip the 2021 refresh and continue the 2018 design untill the S650 release in 2022?
Or maybe push it all so we will get the S550 refresh in 2022 and S650 in 2023?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Just a thought... with everything going on and if this continues for some time - would they skip the 2021 refresh and continue the 2018 design untill the S650 release in 2022?
Or maybe push it all so we will get the S550 refresh in 2022 and S650 in 2023?
I highly doubt that. The 2021 refresh is also tied into the Mach-1. Too much development costs have already been made to hold all this up and limiting it be a one year model. If anything were to change because of the pandemic (which I doubt) delaying the S650 makes a better chance. But I doubt that will happen either.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm assuming all the prototype drivers are working from home. Perhaps the spy photographers need to drive through the neighbourhoods checking the driveways :camera::bandit::crackup:

Edit.....of course, the spy photographers will also be working from home..........so they'll need to deploy their drones!

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I really hope they go back to the single pipes for the GT. The quad pipes are kind of gimmicky and it bothers me how you can see exhaust flow more out of one tip instead of evenly which eventually leads to one tip with more carbon build up.
The dual tips looks amazing to me.

Sponsored

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
I like this thread. Hope it comes to Australia. Dads boss imported original (accident damaged) in 1969 and converted it to RHD. I’m buying one if they come to Oz.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I like this thread. Hope it comes to Australia. Dads boss imported original (accident damaged) in 1969 and converted it to RHD. I’m buying one if they come to Oz.
Yep, and I'm sincerely hoping it comes to the UK, too. The Bullitt has been a huge success over here so hopefully that'll give Ford UK/Australia/elsewhere the confidence to import them. It's clear the V8/nostalgia emphasis is appreciated over here :like:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I hope it comes here as well

The current situation for Bullitts in Sweden, sales are going really slow.
The first one on the list is Black one for around 47K EUR

I am thinking of giving an offer on a regular GT, 7-8 EUR under below asked price = making them to give me an offer that I cannot refuse lol :D

bullitt.png

Last edited:

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
They’ve refreshed it in 2018... and now again 3 years later...
Sponsored