Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 - dissatisfied - i need help

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Read through the whole thread…

Unfortunate set of events you’re going through, especially the vehicle being dropped off a service lift…. Did they say how far of a drop it was? Did they ever let you under the car to check the entire chassis and floor pans for damages?

For the rattles:
Check the emergency brake cable and attaching assembly found under the driver side trans tunnel. This has been a known source of tick/rattle as well and is hard to replicate unless in a certain RPM range. When the cable is loose, it vibrates or raps against the trans tunnel under certain conditions OR could be touching exhaust mid pipe. How to adjust the cable and assembly:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-to-adjust-your-parking-brake.25204/

If that was not the source of the noise, then also check:

Check the trans block spacer plate, it’s a common issue across the S550 and F150 platform:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/engine-transmission-plate-noise-fix.115718/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...hen-accelerating-hard-above-4000k-rpm.107728/

Check the driveshaft center support bearing assembly. There is a small aluminum plate attached to the bottom of it which comes loose and rattles - see this thread:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/identify-this-metallic-rattle-🙏.161210/#post-3455184

—-

I think it’s too late for you to attempt any Buy Back or Lemon claim. Normally in most States the claim would have to be placed within 12k/12-24mos of the invoice date of the vehicle, (whichever comes first). You could attempt it with Ford Corp. via a claim and saying you want the BuyBack due to when the vehicle was dropped - which would back date you to that period in time - BUT…. Ford goes by the State Lemon/Buy Back laws of your Home State and they don’t usually deviate from those law provisions. It’s a shot you could take and exclaim you’ve had nothing but problems since the car was dropped (and have whatever Service docs from that point in time and forward) as a basis for your claim. The worse that happens is they decline the claim.

The only other way out is to sell it outright or trade it in. Trading it in, you’ll more than likely take a loss. The car market has simmered down where the time to get out would have been 2 years ago to get top dollar (or above top dollar)…. Now you’ll be lucky to get fair value if trading in at a dealer.

See if the rattle threads help out though.

People are here to help so ask any questions…

Usernamedave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
i took my car out for a drive to see if i could replicate the downshifting issues. What I found was the following.

In drive mode the automatic did not aggressively down shift. Pulling up to a stop light it would shift down to 3rd gear until the car was at a complete stop. When I put the shifter into S (sport) the down shifting became more aggressive. Coming to a stop light drivability was better if I bumped the shifter back to D coming to a red light.

I assume that the car in S or S+ mode is set up for track or racing. looking to downshift to the appropriate gear to come out of a corner. When i was coming to a stop in S or S+ it would shift really hard into 1st gear under breaking coming to the traffic lights, (not a typical track condition no stop lights on a race track) On twisty remote roads the transmission was wonderful. the lowest gear it shifted down too was 3rd gear with positive shifts and no clunking or any hesitation when getting back on the throttle.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
I understand it was a learning experience, but man if a shop dropped my car I would not sign the paperwork and accept it back.

I am ready to get shit on by your or others, but I would be out of that car. I would've been done with it the day they dropped it off the lift.

I agree with @Coastal-Mach 's statement that you have possibly been blackballed by some dealers. The car was damaged by the drop, period. The shop's insurance should've paid out. They covered it up and got you to sign the release paperwork. I'm sorry they fleeced you, that really sucks dude.

IMO there is no happy end here to keeping this car. If my closest Ford dealer hadn't always provided good service, I would not have bought a Bronco nor would I still have the Mustang.

It's time to make a new thread for whether you're trading in for a Supra, M2, or the big dollar jump to a C8.
Tbh you're right. I think there is no happy ending with keeping this car at this point. And sadly, as much as I've always loved mustangs. Idk if I could even buy another one after this whole experience. It breaks my heart to say that.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
My 2022 2.3L HPP A10 did the exact same thing from day 1, but mostly when the transmission was not warmed up on a cold day. Took it to the dealership and asked them to check the transmission oil level - unsurprisingly it was low on fluid (from the factory). They refilled it properly and I’ve never had harsh shifts again.
My car would still do it even on a nice summer day after being driven for a few hours. There was never a time it wouldn't do it. Except for after the new transmission. But now it's come back since its had this whine that the dealership likes to call "a normal operating noise."

Sponsored

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Exactly, get the fluid level looked at outside the Ford network , eliminate the easy things first.

Confirm it has enough fluid, then go drive then go on a real good drive with the car, put it though its paces, a long drive where it is being driven at temperature for an extended time.

After that, I would do the ECU reset procedure, so the transmission is back into learning mode, and drive it around normal for a while it relearns, see if things improve.
I can go on a real good drive, but it won't matter much. It wouldn't be the first one I've done. I do need to do the first recommendation and take it to an outside network to check the fluid levels.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear about your experience, especially with it being a Mach 1. In my experience, dealerships all suck. I have never really been satisfied with the dealership when I drive away. Every encounter I have had is handled by incompetence. Keep in mind I am 45 and have purchased well over a dozen vehicles. For this reason, I will do all of the maintenance myself. Anything I can not do, I have a really good mechanic in OKC that I trust to work on my car.

Regarding the A10.......I think that jerky shifting is just the way it is. I have it in my 2023 Explorer ST and it is extremely unrefined. Rev hang, hard shift from 1-2, 2-3, etc. A lot of ExST owners on the forums report an underfilled transmission fluid level. Mine was in this boat. I did get a trans tune (ZFG) and that has helped a bit with the shifting, but it still is a concerning unit.

Now the "dropping a car off the lift".....F.......that is awful and unfortunately your car will never be the same after that. IMO, Ford owes you a new, well certified used, Mach 1.
I can't lie. I wish I was more of a self handyman than I am. But I'm not. But I've learned so much about not trusting dealers after this whole ordeal. And I definitely need to find a mechanic I trust. And you're right about one thing. I'm pretty sure my car will never be the same again.

OP
OP

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
name the dealer and go to another one. i fought my local dealer from start to finish and ended up havin to go across town to another that actually took me seriously. they got corporate involved and friday i drop my car in to get fixed.

if a dealership is crap they will keep being crap and you cannot fix it. i tried like hell to find someone reasonable there but once the culture is infected with half-ass bullshit you won't be happy.
The dealership in question would be Way Scarff Ford in Auburn, WA

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Trade it in on a new one. I would go for a base (non-premium) 6spd and then add / upgrade the parts you want.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Trade it in on a new one. I would go for a base (non-premium) 6spd and then add / upgrade the parts you want.
but then he'd have to look at the plasma TV on the dashboard all the time.

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
but then he'd have to look at the plasma TV on the dashboard all the time.
I know, just sat in one at an auto show. But the fox body dash view was okay with me. I had a few fox bodys.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Fighter jet grey
Leave a bad review on all their social media sites (they will at least have a facebook page) Also leave bad reviews on carfax and any other car review sight you can think of.]. I found they really hate bad publicity, I got a call from the CFO of the auto group the next day (the owners will have more than one dealership) in which he promised to make everything good. He delivered on his promise

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
I sadly didn't take pictures after they dropped it. They owned up to it and replaced the chin. As much as I hate dealership #1 for fucking up my rims and dropping my car, I think I need to go back to them, or try a further dealership. My case number with corporate was specifically for them dropping my car and damaging my eims while refusing to fix the rims. But that didnt even go anywhere. I guess i can try to call corporate and see if anything came from that case number. A lawyer might be the best route, but I'm dealing with so much, and idk if that's even affordable. I just moved, and have been so busy as well. I'm under stress, but I got to try what I can. I believe you have to remove things In Order to get to the transmission dipstick. And I don't have the means to fuck with that right now. Thank you for the response.
Ouch! I hope things will turn out ok for you. I don’t believe Ford will be intimidated at all if you obtain a lawyer…remember, they have very high paid attorneys as well.

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
Post a video of the rattle. If you can plainly hear it I don't see why we can't. May have to get creative with mic/phone placement but it would interesting to get arm chair QBs opinion on the rattle and others with automatic Mach 1s could compare. It could be totally normal (unfortunately). For instance, many of the S550s develop BBQ tick and 2k rattle. Happens and is a known "feature".

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Check the extra cooler mounts. They were laughable when I looked at the drawings so I wouldn't be surprised you've got radiators flapping around or the hoses
Sponsored