2021_Mach825!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Atmadeep
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Did you also consider this hood?
https://andersoncomposites.com/coll...stang-double-sided-type-gt5-carbon-fiber-hood

Should certainly offer more cooling.
My main goal was weight reduction as the Whipple supercharger is gonna add at least 80 lbs and mess up the front/rear weight balance further. But this hood will be in my consideration list as it is just 2 lbs heavier but has better cooling and theoretically less under-hood lift.
Aesthetically, I want to continue the Mach 1 black-orange stripe pattern to the rear trunk lid and I am not sure how it would fit this hood.
Additionally, I have emailed Anderson Composites about if they can mold this hood in dry carbon for further weight savings; will update you when/if I get a reply.
Sponsored

OP
OP

2021_Mach825!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Atmadeep
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Man ain’t that the truth
LMAO, honestly my wife is on board as I have never spent a penny on myself and she thinks I deserve this. But she is unable to understand why I want to spend $125k+ on a "piece of s**t Ford". She is gunning for the Porsche 718 Spyder. Her reason is that it is a limited-production convertible with an awesome motor, and it is a Porsche.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
LMAO, honestly my wife is on board as I have never spent a penny on myself and she thinks I deserve this. But she is unable to understand why I want to spend $125k+ on a "piece of s**t Ford". She is gunning for the Porsche 718 Spyder. Her reason is that it is a limited-production convertible with an awesome motor, and it is a Porsche.
is your wife single?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
My main goal was weight reduction as the Whipple supercharger is gonna add at least 80 lbs and mess up the front/rear weight balance further. But this hood will be in my consideration list as it is just 2 lbs heavier but has better cooling and theoretically less under-hood lift.
Aesthetically, I want to continue the Mach 1 black-orange stripe pattern to the rear trunk lid and I am not sure how it would fit this hood.
Additionally, I have emailed Anderson Composites about if they can mold this hood in dry carbon for further weight savings; will update you when/if I get a reply.
Yeah I forgot about the hood stripe.
I doubt that hood can cool as well as the GT500 style. But if that slot vent is located right behind the radiator you will get lower CHT just from the water temp. The GT500 should provide some air cooling on top of that (i.e. for my car).

Wish I could justify the cost of their hood, paint, and clear film!

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well at least your wife is into cars and understands your passion. My wife couldn’t care less and questions every single thing I buy for it

OP
OP

2021_Mach825!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Atmadeep
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Well at least your wife is into cars and understands your passion. My wife couldn’t care less and questions every single thing I buy for it
True. Very true! Personally, when we were dating this wasn't the case; what helped was that I trusted her with all of my previous "fun" cars and taught her how to drive a manual.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Subbed. Please update regularly so we can see this gorgeous build happen! (Thankfully my boss of the house also understands, though there *is* a budget. Jealous!)

sachmo133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Are you talking road course or drag racing when you say track? If stated and missed sorry. I think road course but after rereading I think you are into drag racing. How much seat time do you have with either?
Sponsored